Looking for ebike recommendations

Bsahni

Hi Everyone,

I was looking for a fat Tire ebike to be used mostly for trails and road. Budget is less than $2500 cdn.

I weigh about 260lbs , therefore looking for something sturdy.

After doing some research,I've shortlisted them to the following

M2S R750

Sondors x/Xs

Viltbike Yukon 750

Dj fat bike

Ncm aspen

Which one would you guys recommend? Keep in mind, Iive in Ontario, Canada.

Last edited:
the Sondors would not be my first pick just based on the triangle battery pack,carrying or even buying spares could be a pain

OP is in Ontario, Canada.

After exchange rate, shipping, and duties/taxes, a Shimano E6100 based bike was about $450 cheaper on BD, but the Canadian brand (OHM Cruise) had a bigger battery, and some higher quality components (derailleur etc). That price differential included getting Velofix to set up the bike and assist with fitting at the door.

That being said, next spring I might try my luck with getting a Class 3 eMTB through BD. I'm keeping an eye out for an EP8 based HAL eBoost. :)

NCM seems to be pretty popular here in Toronto. I've seen one or two Apsens, but way more Moscows.

I'm not sure where you are in Ontario, but I know Amego in Toronto carries both the Aspen and Aspen Plus, if buying from a physical shop makes a difference to you.

NCM seems to be pretty popular here in Toronto. I've seen one or two Apsens, but way more Moscows.

I'm not sure where you are in Ontario, but I know Amego in Toronto carries both the Aspen and Aspen Plus, if buying from a physical shop makes a difference to you.

Just noticed Aspen plus has a 275lb weight capacity. Cutting a little too close for my weight. Lol

I'm located in Peterborough, ontario

Unfortunately, they cost way more then my budget.
what are you looking to spend $1400/1500? Ariel Rider X-Class owns this price range imo, that motor peaks at1500watts! and it has full suspension!
if i wasnt so tall i would snag one!

Last edited:
what are you looking to spend $1400/1500? Ariel Rider X-Class owns this price range imo, that motor peaks at1500watts! and it has full suspension!
if i wasnt so tall i would snag one!

My budget is about 2500cdn. That bike looks like fun but I'm looking for something bigger than that. Thanks.

Hi Everyone,

I was looking for a fat Tire ebike to be used mostly for trails and road. Budget is less than $2500 cdn.

I weigh about 260lbs , therefore looking for something sturdy.

After doing some research,I've shortlisted them to the following

M2S R750

Sondors x/Xs

Viltbike Yukon 750

Dj fat bike

Ncm aspen

Which one would you guys recommend? Keep in mind, Iive in Ontario, Canada.

For your budget, the Espin Nero may be a good call. It will keep you under your budget and you can probably get it in November/early December...

For your budget, the Espin Nero may be a good call. It will keep you under your budget and you can probably get it in November/early December...

Thanks for that. Just emailed them to see if they deliver to Canada. Also, do you know who makes the motor. It mentioned "sy" on their website. Ive heard of Batang before but have no clue about sy.

Hi Everyone, I was looking for a fat Tire ebike to be used mostly for trails and road. Budget is less than $2500 cdn.
I weigh about 260lbs , therefore looking for something sturdy. After doing some research,I've shortlisted them to the following
M2S R750
Sondors x/Xs
Viltbike Yukon 750
Dj fat bike
Ncm aspen Which one would you guys recommend? Keep in mind, Iive in Ontario, Canada.

Take a look at the EBR list of Best Electric Fat Bikes of 2020.

Power assist made fat electric bikes the new sensation. Riding on gravel, sand, snow and up hills is fun but requires fat tires, wheels, and frames which all add weight… too much weight for most people to pedal comfortably without the electric assist. There are electric fat bikes of all types with only their large 4+ inch wide sized tires in common, so think first about where and how you will ride. They can go anywhere, do anything, some even fold. See all the details and even more winners on our best electric fat bikes page.

Take a look at the EBR list of Best Electric Fat Bikes of 2020.

Power assist made fat electric bikes the new sensation. Riding on gravel, sand, snow and up hills is fun but requires fat tires, wheels, and frames which all add weight… too much weight for most people to pedal comfortably without the electric assist. There are electric fat bikes of all types with only their large 4+ inch wide sized tires in common, so think first about where and how you will ride. They can go anywhere, do anything, some even fold. See all the details and even more winners on our best electric fat bikes page.

Thanks. I checked it out already. Radrover 5 was the only one that suits my budget but their weight capacity is 275lbs, a little to close to my weight. Lol

Thanks. I checked it out already. Radrover 5 was the only one that suits my budget but their weight capacity is 275lbs, a little to close to my weight. Lol

The weight limit is generally very conservative... you should be fine with the RadRover 5.

Thanks for that. Just emailed them to see if they deliver to Canada. Also, do you know who makes the motor. It mentioned "sy" on their website. Ive heard of Batang before but have no clue about sy.

Bafang. I think it is the largest or one of the largest makers of electric motors in the world...

I believe these (SY) are Shengyi hub motors that are equivalent in quality to Bafang. They are used on some other e bikes.

Back