Looking for an e-trike

EZ-Glider

Hi, I'm looking for an e-trike for my wife. She has mobility issues (cryoglobulinemia) & overweight (330lbs.)
She is hoping to be able to get out & ride in hopes of getting in better physical health and also to be able to play with our grand kids.
I've looked at some review videos and have tried to read up on a number of e-trikes but still am not sure what trike to purchase.
One bike I had considered was the Evolo trike. We were sold on it.... until we discovered it wasn't available in Canada & they wouldn't ship to Canada either.
The other two e-trikes I'm currently considering are:
Addmotor MOTAN 330 (or 350?) or the Pedego e-trike.
Any thoughts or suggestions on either of these two trikes?

Thanks for your help! My wife is very excited about it.

My wife also has mobility issues. She rides a Liberty Trike. The Liberty has reverse. It will also fold for transportation. The Liberty is narrow allowing its use through doors.

Remember trikes do not turn with any speed. A trike can tip over.

Thanks so much for your responses! We live in the mountains (BC, Canada) and fortunately the roads are fairly flat in our immediate area but the road down to the river is a dirt road and a bit bumpy. I'm wondering if the bike would handle this at low speeds. (one way to find out I suppose).
Thanks again for your comments. I've done a bit of reading but don't know much about electric bikes in general. I'd never heard of them before until last summer when I saw my neighbor's friend riding on one... & then more recently my father rented one while visiting us (86yrs. old) & just loved it!

My Addmotor bike is broken down with a sheared bolt after 200 miles and the factory is not willing to assist, unless you are super handy, you should get something else. Great bike.....until its not.

My Addmotor bike is broken down with a sheared bolt after 200 miles and the factory is not willing to assist, unless you are super handy, you should get something else. Great bike.....until its not.

Thanks for your response Mr. Omaha, I appreciate it.
Can you tell me which bolt it is?

I've watched a couple of videos that electricbikereview has on the internet for the Admotar Motan & the one, where the guy goes for a picnic, makes the bike look very capable! Our hopes isn't for the bike to be able to tackle terrain like this 'but' our driveway is dirt, bumpy & steep at the entrance. It'd also be nice to be able to ride the bike down to the river's edge as my wife isn't able to walk down there & the road isn't accessible to cars.
We like to go camping often in our RV during the summer and some of the local spots will be so much more accessible for her with a bike/ trike... she is an avid photographer... having a vehicle /bike to help her get to good spots will be fantastic.

Now that I've done some more research on the e-trikes, I'm now contemplating purchasing the Evolo Command e-trike from Seattle, & then having it shipped to a town close to here on the other side of the border, then paying the Duty & taxes on it. It just looks like it'd suit our needs much better than the Pedego. With it's mid-drive motor, higher wattage, much higher torque & durable-looking construction, it looks like it's the one for us.

Does anyone have any experience with the Evolo Command trike?

My other thoughts are to purchase the Volt e-trike (a.k.a. AdMotor Motan M-350), & have it shipped here from Vancouver (they say they can get it here in 1-2 days for $49... 'but' they also say they don't have any available until mid-June). It also goes for cheaper than the Admotar site has it listed at by almost $800). Then IF my wife doesn't like it or if it doesn't suit her needs, I could just keep it for myself to ride alongside her when she's riding her Evolo. But if she likes it, she keeps it and we pass on the Evolo.

This would be much easier if she could ride a regular e-bike.... and maybe by this time next year she'll be able to (that's what we're both hoping for).

Lastly, from watching the vids., the riding position on the Pedego e-trike looks almost like you're riding on an encumbant bike. Pedals aren't located beneath the seat which leads me to believe they're not positioned optimally (ie. even exercise bikes, (Lifefitness) are set up in this manner as it is crucial for healthy knees and optimal pedalling). This turned me off the bike as well :(

Thanks again for your help,

Not so easy at finding a rider.

There are two bolts in the bottom of the bottom bracket. On a tandem, you have to adjust the front bracket to keep the chain tight, kind of an offset crank hub. One of the bolts that hold it tight was too tight and when I tries to loosen it, it snapped off. I will need drilled and removed. A machine shop can do it but the point is that Addmotor said "sorry" after sending me a youtube video on removing broken bolts. Once you own it, you are on your own.

There are two bolts in the bottom of the bottom bracket. On a tandem, you have to adjust the front bracket to keep the chain tight, kind of an offset crank hub. One of the bolts that hold it tight was too tight and when I tries to loosen it, it snapped off. I will need drilled and removed. A machine shop can do it but the point is that Addmotor said "sorry" after sending me a youtube video on removing broken bolts. Once you own it, you are on your own.

Aside from this (& the fact that they don't have a storefront location which I've heard has caused a number of bike owners some difficulties), how did you like the bike? How did it ride? Was it fairly powerful? I'm just afraid that the other trikes on the market today won't be robust enough for my wife's needs :( I'm not sure the other bikes would get her up & out of our driveway (our driveway is dirt and is a bit bumpy and a tad steep for the last 20' or so before it meets the road. It would be very inconvenient for me to have to walk her trike down the driveway (driveway is 250' long) while she walks alongside of me with her walker.

I need to get the trike here before we go & pick up our granddaughter at the end of June. My wife is hoping that all 3 of us can go for daily bike rides together, & to take them to the local campgrounds with the RV (guess I am also needing to purchase a trailer or maybe one of those Hollywood Racks.

My decision certainly would be easier if Admotor had a physical location where I could go & try out the trike :(

That certainly sounds annoying to have had the trike arrive with one of the bolts too tight ... one that you'll likely be needing to adjust on occasion to keep the proper tension on the chain. I have a friend who owns a machine shop.... hmm.... maybe I should consider doing him some (not so) random acts of kindness over the next couple weeks as I might be requiring his services sometime soon.

From the description of your driveway, with a front wheel drive trike, you will have to stand up and put pressure on the front wheel to climb. My wife can spin the tire on her trike on gravel easily. She does have a 750 watt motor.

Isn't buying blind fun?

From the description of your driveway, with a front wheel drive trike, you will have to stand up and put pressure on the front wheel to climb. My wife can spin the tire on her trike on gravel easily. She does have a 750 watt motor.

Isn't buying blind fun?

I'm probably not describing the driveway too well. It's actually very hard-packed dirt with a few small'ish' rocks that are set into the dirt (some that are about the size of potatoes). No loose dirt (very little) but a number of ruts from tires as a previous tenant drove an 18-wheeler up & down the driveway while the snow was melting :( It's mostly smoothed out now but still some smaller ruts & bumps on the steeper portion. I wish I knew how to post a picture on here. Yes... buying blind is brutal!

Aside from this (& the fact that they don't have a storefront location which I've heard has caused a number of bike owners some difficulties), how did you like the bike? How did it ride? Was it fairly powerful? I'm just afraid that the other trikes on the market today won't be robust enough for my wife's needs :( I'm not sure the other bikes would get her up & out of our driveway (our driveway is dirt and is a bit bumpy and a tad steep for the last 20' or so before it meets the road. It would be very inconvenient for me to have to walk her trike down the driveway (driveway is 250' long) while she walks alongside of me with her walker.

I need to get the trike here before we go & pick up our granddaughter at the end of June. My wife is hoping that all 3 of us can go for daily bike rides together, & to take them to the local campgrounds with the RV (guess I am also needing to purchase a trailer or maybe one of those Hollywood Racks.

My decision certainly would be easier if Admotor had a physical location where I could go & try out the trike :(

That certainly sounds annoying to have had the trike arrive with one of the bolts too tight ... one that you'll likely be needing to adjust on occasion to keep the proper tension on the chain. I have a friend who owns a machine shop.... hmm.... maybe I should consider doing him some (not so) random acts of kindness over the next couple weeks as I might be requiring his services sometime soon.
I like the bike but the broken bolt is a big problem that could render it unusable. Their service is really terrible.

I have a Liberty Trike (purchased May 2018) and two Addmotor Trikes M-330 (purchased Aug 2018) and the M-360 (recently purchased). I absolutely love the M-330 and have ridden it for 1500 miles. The Liberty Trike is okay (I have ridden it for 330 miles) but the tires are not wide enough for soft sand (2.125 inches) and I live a few blocks from the Atlantic Ocean. I only purchased the M-360 as an additional trike to spread out the mileage I have been putting on the M-330. I generally ride on the M-330 15-18 miles along the beach at least 3 times a week. It's a blast. I have never had a flat (keeping my fingers crossed) on any of the trikes. I love the tires Addmotor puts on their trikes. I have had no mechanical problems with the Addmotor trikes. With a dirt driveway you want 4 inch wide tires such as the Kenda Krusade (20 inch) which are on the Addmotor M-330 trikes and some other manufacturers. With these Kenda 4 inch wide tires you can travel over most anything and they give you a nice "soft" ride. I would add that the baskets which come with the M-330 are second to none.

One of the reasons I purchased the LibertyTrike (LT) and for that matter the M-330 are the tire sizes. This makes them lower to the ground and easy to mount. The LT has 16 inch wheels and both the M-330 and the M-360 have 20 inch tires. I ruled out any trikes which had 24 inch tires which includes the M-350, Evelo etc. However, if you want a great trike with a front 24 inch tire and two 20 inch rear tires then why don't you purchase the Electric Fat Trike--same company which makes the LT: https://www.electrictrike.com/products/electric-fat-trike The are made in the US (Pennsylvania) and will ship to Canada (with some extra cost I'm sure). They are pretty much the same as the M-350 with the same tires. They have a great reputation and I have dealt with them when my LibertyTrike's display went bad. They sent me everything to fix it and I was up and running shortly.

The problem I found with the LT other than the tire width which I mentioned was the crank arms were only 4 inches and I had to lengthen them to 6.5 inches and they only have one gear and I changed it out to 5 gears. The LT does not have pedal assist which is a godsend if you want an electric trike. The LT only has a throttle so you have to turn the throttle every time you want to use the electric power unless you buy a device to hold the throttle at the speed you want. With the M-330 and all Addmotor trikes for that matter they have pedal assist so everytime you pedal the electric power kicks in assisting your pedaling. Of course, all of Addmotor trikes have a throttle as well.

I have not had any problems with Addmotor and one time I thought I had a problem and I emailed them and they got right back to me and asked me to do a couple things to make sure there was a problem and after starting to follow their instructions I found out that there was not a problem at all. Usually if I email them about something they get back to me the next day. I have changed out the brake pads on my M-330 and if you take yours into a bike shop they could do the same thing easily. But that would be true for any trike you purchase. It is a problem not having a storefront and even though there is a bike shop which sells Pedego's close to me I wouldn't buy one because I don't like the Pedego trike with their ugly plastic basket in the back. And the Pedego trike has 20 Inch wheels which I do like. Also, the speed limitation is also a problem and a couple other things. Anyway, if you have any questions let me know. I'll be glad to answer.

You'll need to get a trailer if you purchase the M-330 or most of the trikes you are looking at except the LT. The M-330 is 70 inches long and 32 inches wide. Those 4" tires take up 8 inches so you can understand the width. The Hollywood carriers are not wide enough or long enough to handle these trikes.

BTW...you'll mostly likely want a different seat ... I'll let you know the best available which I have on all three of my trikes---it has a back as well as a wide seat.

Attachments

• 1558746927197.png
    1558746927197.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 625
Last edited:
Thanks for your response Mr. Omaha, I appreciate it.
Can you tell me which bolt it is?

I've watched a couple of videos that electricbikereview has on the internet for the Admotar Motan & the one, where the guy goes for a picnic, makes the bike look very capable! Our hopes isn't for the bike to be able to tackle terrain like this 'but' our driveway is dirt, bumpy & steep at the entrance. It'd also be nice to be able to ride the bike down to the river's edge as my wife isn't able to walk down there & the road isn't accessible to cars.
We like to go camping often in our RV during the summer and some of the local spots will be so much more accessible for her with a bike/ trike... she is an avid photographer... having a vehicle /bike to help her get to good spots will be fantastic.

Now that I've done some more research on the e-trikes, I'm now contemplating purchasing the Evolo Command e-trike from Seattle, & then having it shipped to a town close to here on the other side of the border, then paying the Duty & taxes on it. It just looks like it'd suit our needs much better than the Pedego. With it's mid-drive motor, higher wattage, much higher torque & durable-looking construction, it looks like it's the one for us.

Does anyone have any experience with the Evolo Command trike?

My other thoughts are to purchase the Volt e-trike (a.k.a. AdMotor Motan M-350), & have it shipped here from Vancouver (they say they can get it here in 1-2 days for $49... 'but' they also say they don't have any available until mid-June). It also goes for cheaper than the Admotar site has it listed at by almost $800). Then IF my wife doesn't like it or if it doesn't suit her needs, I could just keep it for myself to ride alongside her when she's riding her Evolo. But if she likes it, she keeps it and we pass on the Evolo.

This would be much easier if she could ride a regular e-bike.... and maybe by this time next year she'll be able to (that's what we're both hoping for).

Lastly, from watching the vids., the riding position on the Pedego e-trike looks almost like you're riding on an encumbant bike. Pedals aren't located beneath the seat which leads me to believe they're not positioned optimally (ie. even exercise bikes, (Lifefitness) are set up in this manner as it is crucial for healthy knees and optimal pedalling). This turned me off the bike as well :(

Thanks again for your help,

Not so easy at finding a rider.
The Evelo trike you're interested in is called the Compass. There is a lady in this forum under the Evelo thread who just got one and is testing it out. She is commenting on it in that thread. You would be a great addition to that discussion.

Yet another option is the Emojo Caddy fat trike - similar to the Addmotor trikes. But, based on videos of the Emojo, BOTH rear wheels have brakes. Most fat trikes don't. The Addmotor M330 does but the M350 does not. Court's video of the Compass is out of date. The Compass now brakes and drives BOTH rear wheels. I won't buy a trike that doesn't brake both rear wheels.

A dealer that sells Emojo Caddy is www.ReallyGoodeBikes.com . (Google them for their web site) I had an internet chat with them this evening. They are accessible and will share what they know. Other than that 10 minute chat, I know little about that dealer.

I am still on a hunt for a fat trike for this 190lb 73 year old body.

Last edited:
I have a Liberty Trike (purchased May 2018) and two Addmotor Trikes M-330 (purchased Aug 2018) and the M-360 (recently purchased). I absolutely love the M-330 and have ridden it for 1500 miles. The Liberty Trike is okay (I have ridden it for 330 miles) but the tires are not wide enough for soft sand (2.125 inches) and I live a few blocks from the Atlantic Ocean. I only purchased the M-360 as an additional trike to spread out the mileage I have been putting on the M-330. I generally ride on the M-330 15-18 miles along the beach at least 3 times a week. It's a blast. I have never had a flat (keeping my fingers crossed) on any of the trikes. I love the tires Addmotor puts on their trikes. I have had no mechanical problems with the Addmotor trikes. With a dirt driveway you want 4 inch wide tires such as the Kenda Krusade (20 inch) which are on the Addmotor M-330 trikes and some other manufacturers. With these Kenda 4 inch wide tires you can travel over most anything and they give you a nice "soft" ride. I would add that the baskets which come with the M-330 are second to none.

One of the reasons I purchased the LibertyTrike (LT) and for that matter the M-330 are the tire sizes. This makes them lower to the ground and easy to mount. The LT has 16 inch wheels and both the M-330 and the M-360 have 20 inch tires. I ruled out any trikes which had 24 inch tires which includes the M-350, Evelo etc. However, if you want a great trike with a front 24 inch tire and two 20 inch rear tires then why don't you purchase the Electric Fat Trike--same company which makes the LT: https://www.electrictrike.com/products/electric-fat-trike The are made in the US (Pennsylvania) and will ship to Canada (with some extra cost I'm sure). They are pretty much the same as the M-350 with the same tires. They have a great reputation and I have dealt with them when my LibertyTrike's display went bad. They sent me everything to fix it and I was up and running shortly.

The problem I found with the LT other than the tire width which I mentioned was the crank arms were only 4 inches and I had to lengthen them to 6.5 inches and they only have one gear and I changed it out to 5 gears. The LT does not have pedal assist which is a godsend if you want an electric trike. The LT only has a throttle so you have to turn the throttle every time you want to use the electric power unless you buy a device to hold the throttle at the speed you want. With the M-330 and all Addmotor trikes for that matter they have pedal assist so everytime you pedal the electric power kicks in assisting your pedaling. Of course, all of Addmotor trikes have a throttle as well.

I have not had any problems with Addmotor and one time I thought I had a problem and I emailed them and they got right back to me and asked me to do a couple things to make sure there was a problem and after starting to follow their instructions I found out that there was not a problem at all. Usually if I email them about something they get back to me the next day. I have changed out the brake pads on my M-330 and if you take yours into a bike shop they could do the same thing easily. But that would be true for any trike you purchase. It is a problem not having a storefront and even though there is a bike shop which sells Pedego's close to me I wouldn't buy one because I don't like the Pedego trike with their ugly plastic basket in the back. And the Pedego trike has 20 Inch wheels which I do like. Also, the speed limitation is also a problem and a couple other things. Anyway, if you have any questions let me know. I'll be glad to answer.

You'll need to get a trailer if you purchase the M-330 or most of the trikes you are looking at except the LT. The M-330 is 70 inches long and 32 inches wide. Those 4" tires take up 8 inches so you can understand the width. The Hollywood carriers are not wide enough or long enough to handle these trikes.

BTW...you'll mostly likely want a different seat ... I'll let you know the best available which I have on all three of my trikes---it has a back as well as a wide seat.

FANTASTIC information here!! Thanks Dave!

There's a trike up here (Canada) for sale that is also same (very similar) to the Admotor trike. It is called Volt Bike 'Trio'. It's the M-350 but with a slightly different frame (same design but is aluminium and the down tube is sort of flat-sided, rectangular-shaped. Another called the 'Kasen' trike is sold on Amazon. All of them are the M-350 model... which is actually the one I was first interested in (saw an ad. for it on 'kijiji'.. which is a buy& sell type of site in Canada). The M-330 would be much more suitable for my wife with it's smaller wheels and with the frame appearing to be much lower to the ground by the cranks & front sprocket. I don't even think she'd be able to get onto the M-350.
Now the question for me is.... where to get it from????

By chance do you keep the tires inflated to ~15psi? Have you gone over PAS2? (Yes, I'm reading your review on the Addmotor page right now, lol. It was just a fluke that I was reading that page & this one at the same time. Question, how many levels of Pedal assist are there?

More questions....
My wife is very heavy. Could the trike handle 300lbs. okay?
About how high off the ground do you need to lift your foot when getting onto the trike?
I'm aware of how great the tires are... I've just grabbed a 'Moose FatBike 2' and it comes with 4" wide tires which make it possible to ride the thing in the snow! But I'm thinking I'm going to need a motor added to mine if I hope to keep up to the wife. (add motor.... ah ha! lol). She was more sold on the looks of the Pedego & wanted me to grab it immediately (umm.. yes she is a compulsive shopper... and yah.. I am the exact opposite, lol). But it just didn't seem like it would be powerful enough to me. I mentioned to her that the big tires would help to cushion the ride and would make it likely that she could ride it down the trail here to the river right behind our place and there's another fantastic spot just down the end of our street (we just moved here last month) with an amazing fishing spot. There's almost nobody there as a car won't make it down the path but I'm thinking that one of these admotor trikes could.

If I can't get the trike delivered to my place here in B.C. I could make an arrangement to have it shipped to Spokane Wash. & then just drive down, pick it up & bring it back home (duty at the border I believe is ~12%).

Thanks for your help Dave! Addmotor should be paying you as I think you've just made a sale for them here (hmm.... maybe they are paying you??? Dave?? just kidding).
My grandparents lived most of their lives in Florida. They lived in Margate for awhile and then by the time I was 5yrs. old they were up at Satellite Beach. Huge highlites of my childhood going to visit with them down there (we were up in Toronto).

thanks again,
Colin

I'd like some info. on the seat too please! That was one of the things we liked about the Pedego trike. Can you tell me where I can find it at please? Thanks.
I checked out that site you sent me for the Electric Fat Trike. It looks great! But I need the M-330.

The Evelo trike you're interested in is called the Compass. There is a lady in this forum under the Evelo thread who just got one and is testing it out. She is commenting on it in that thread. You would be a great addition to that discussion.

Yet another option is the Emojo Caddy fat trike - similar to the Addmotor trikes. But, based on videos of the Emojo, BOTH rear wheels have brakes. Most fat trikes don't. The Addmotor M330 does but the M350 does not. Court's video of the Compass is out of date. The Compass now brakes and drives BOTH rear wheels. I won't buy a trike that doesn't brake both rear wheels.

A dealer that sells Emojo Caddy is www.ReallyGoodeBikes.com . (Google them for their web site) I had an internet chat with them this evening. They are accessible and will share what they know. Other than that 10 minute chat, I know little about that dealer.

I am still on a hunt for a fat trike for this 190lb 73 year old body.

Thanks for your response!
I checked into the Emojo Caddy fat trike and it seems they won't ship to Canada :(
I also found it on Amazon but they wouldn't ship to Canada there either :(

I know my wife would've loved the white paintjob. THe addmotor flat black paint kinda threw her off tbh. (I told her we could buy some stickers for it!)

FANTASTIC information here!! Thanks Dave!

There's a trike up here (Canada) for sale that is also same (very similar) to the Admotor trike. It is called Volt Bike 'Trio'. It's the M-350 but with a slightly different frame (same design but is aluminium and the down tube is sort of flat-sided, rectangular-shaped. Another called the 'Kasen' trike is sold on Amazon. All of them are the M-350 model... which is actually the one I was first interested in (saw an ad. for it on 'kijiji'.. which is a buy& sell type of site in Canada). The M-330 would be much more suitable for my wife with it's smaller wheels and with the frame appearing to be much lower to the ground by the cranks & front sprocket. I don't even think she'd be able to get onto the M-350.
Now the question for me is.... where to get it from????

By chance do you keep the tires inflated to ~15psi? Have you gone over PAS2? (Yes, I'm reading your review on the Addmotor page right now, lol. It was just a fluke that I was reading that page & this one at the same time. Question, how many levels of Pedal assist are there?

More questions....
My wife is very heavy. Could the trike handle 300lbs. okay?
About how high off the ground do you need to lift your foot when getting onto the trike?
I'm aware of how great the tires are... I've just grabbed a 'Moose FatBike 2' and it comes with 4" wide tires which make it possible to ride the thing in the snow! But I'm thinking I'm going to need a motor added to mine if I hope to keep up to the wife. (add motor.... ah ha! lol). She was more sold on the looks of the Pedego & wanted me to grab it immediately (umm.. yes she is a compulsive shopper... and yah.. I am the exact opposite, lol). But it just didn't seem like it would be powerful enough to me. I mentioned to her that the big tires would help to cushion the ride and would make it likely that she could ride it down the trail here to the river right behind our place and there's another fantastic spot just down the end of our street (we just moved here last month) with an amazing fishing spot. There's almost nobody there as a car won't make it down the path but I'm thinking that one of these admotor trikes could.

If I can't get the trike delivered to my place here in B.C. I could make an arrangement to have it shipped to Spokane Wash. & then just drive down, pick it up & bring it back home (duty at the border I believe is ~12%).

Thanks for your help Dave! Addmotor should be paying you as I think you've just made a sale for them here (hmm.... maybe they are paying you??? Dave?? just kidding).
My grandparents lived most of their lives in Florida. They lived in Margate for awhile and then by the time I was 5yrs. old they were up at Satellite Beach. Huge highlites of my childhood going to visit with them down there (we were up in Toronto).

thanks again,
Colin

I'd like some info. on the seat too please! That was one of the things we liked about the Pedego trike. Can you tell me where I can find it at please? Thanks.
I checked out that site you sent me for the Electric Fat Trike. It looks great! But I need the M-330.

Colin
You have some good questions. Let me start with the seat: Brown version: https://www.amazon.com/Micargi-Bicy...PEHYEFJV7BC&psc=1&refRID=SACSK1HBNPEHYEFJV7BC

Black Version: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H7OLHF8/ref=sspa_dk_hqp_detail_aax_0?psc=1&smid=A3W8YKNL7NKNI

I have 3 black versions of the seat and other than the fact that the back will slide down after riding it for awhile (maybe I just haven't tightened it enough or maybe I could place a shimmy to hold it) but that is the only problem I have with it. I find that after I ride with it for an hour and a half my behind can be sore but if I had another kind of seat it would be worse. The seat holds up quite well i.e. durable. I weigh 220 and I put it to the test. It should hold your wife okay if you have it tightened sufficiently.

I have not been able to locate the M-330 anywhere but Addmotor. Yes, you can find the M-350 or something very similar everywhere but not the M-330. Maybe Alibaba but expect to pay a premium for shipping. Occasionally Addmotor will have it on sale for a couple hundred off. EBR has not reviewed it either as they did the M-350. I've noticed that they have changed from 6061 aluminum which is what I have to 7075 aluminum but the differences are not that distinct but 7075 is supposed to be stronger but less flexible. It doesn't matter because I have the 6061 version and it has held up remarkably well. The welds are excellent.

I keep the PSI at 15 without any problems but as you know you can lower it to 5 or raise it to 30. Anyway as I have said before these tires are great and I have them on the M-360 as well. There are no fenders so you might have some kick up of dirt but the only kick up I have had is the salt water from the front tire which I rode through a couple times.

I also really like the chainring. They use a Shimano Altus derailleur which is an upgrade from the Tourney and you can tell the difference. This was mentioned on EBR's review of the M-350 which also has the Altus. Of course it is still on the lower end of the Shimano derailleurs but it works great. The chain itself has held up despite what I have put it through plowing through sand although I try to degrease it and clean it whenever I get a chance which is a simple procedure with the right tools.

I like their display which I believe is 5" and easy to read in the sun. I wish they had a more exact measurement of the battery life but it has 5 bars and I can go for 20+ miles. It tells you how much wattage you are using as well. EBR's review of the M-350 has the same display which is reviewed.

The stepover is low...I measured it at 15 and a half inches. The 20-inch tires contribute to keeping the trike low to the ground. It's easy to get on the seat which I think I have it at 30 inches from the ground which is low.

It has 5 PAS levels but as I have said in my reviews I rarely go over 2 PAS. For only 500W the 48Volt Bafang motor has spunk. When I hit the soft sand I put the motor to the test as well but I am able to plow through it while pedaling at the same time which definitely helps. Sof t sand is one of the more difficult "compositions" to go through with a trike. I would imagine that snow would be easier but I'm in Florida so I haven't had the opportunity to try it out. I wouldn't think the dirt road would be a problem.

The brakes are pretty good and they have both front and back brakes with both wheels in the back with brakes even though only the right wheel is powered by the chainring which is common for most e-trikes. It's best to press both brakes when stopping and make sure the brake pads are not worn out after it has been ridden for a considerable number of miles but again that is the way it is for most e-trikes. Because I ride my M-330 so much and so hard I am probably the exception regarding wear and tear.

The main downside to the M-330 is that you have to email Addmotor and explain your problem if you have one. They will ask you to take a video of the problem but that is normal for a company to ask for that so they can actually see where you are having a problem. I have never actually had a problem with either of the Addmotor trikes but I thought I had a problem with the M-360 and I emailed them and they got back to me the next day and as it turned out I just hadn't pressed a button to turn on the throttle. The M-330 doesn't have that issue of turning on the throttle with a button. It is just on all the time. However, it seems as though Addmotor keeps upgrading their trikes because the M-360 came with a bunch of things which weren't mentioned in their ads. What an upgrade!!

I mentioned the Bafang motor located in the front wheel. If for some reason you run out of battery which only happened to me once when I forgot to charge it the day before and rode it an additional 15+ miles I used the Shimano derailleur with 7 speeds to get home which was not very difficult. Start out in low gear (1) and slowly move up the gears. It's not as fast as using the motor but it is not very difficult either. When you consider the Pedego which has a mid-motor if for some reason your chain breaks or your motor has a problem you're out of luck. The chain and motor are intertwined in these mid-motors so you will not be able to ride the trike. You'll be stuck. With a front hub motor if your chain breaks you can still use the motor to get home or if the motor stops you can ride home using the gears. They work separate from each other.

I know it sounds like I work for Addmotor but the truth is that I have a considerable amount of experience with this e-trike and I know people like you are wondering what is this trike like...how does it work, etc and when I was looking I appreciated it when people were willing to share their experiences with various e-trikes. When I purchased the M-330 back in last August there were no reviews on this trike (although I relied somewhat on the M-350 EBR review) because it was just coming out so I was blind going into this trike but I liked the specs so much I was willing to take a chance.

I prefer the front hub on an e-trike and I prefer a "geared" motor which is what the Bafang motor is. I also have a "gearless" motor on my Liberty Trike but they are much heavier even though they say they are almost indestructible. It seems as though most e-trikes are using a "geared" motor nowadays because they have improved the geared motors. Most companies will advertise "brushless" motors and don't explain whether it is gearless or geared. In any case, the M-330 motor has held up rather well considering the mileage I have on it and the rough treatment I have given it. If your wife brakes a lot make sure the brake pads are holding up and not worn down significantly especially because she'll need those brakes going downhill.

Learning how to ride an etrike is an adventure at first so make sure she takes it slow and learns how to turn (slow). The back wheels will run parallel to the ground which means on an angled driveway for example the back wheels will run with the angle so you have to lean away to balance it out. I have never had a spill on any etrike but I was cautious at first until I learned how to ride it.

I have had a blast with the M-330 and people come up to me all the time asking about it. I was riding one time along a road near the beach and there was this guy up in one of those "pickers" atop a telephone pole and yelled out "look at that trike" and everyone turned and waved. I think the M-330 would be a better choice for your wife than the M-350 but you're kind of stuck as to where you purchase it. I am sure they will ship to Canada but you could email them at [email protected] or better yet at [email protected] and ask them. If you have anymore questions let me know. I am adding a picture of the M-330 in the box after I opened it if you haven't seen it on the addmotor site where I posted it. Anyway good luck on any choice you make!!! If you do buy the M-330 you will need a storage container to fit in the back basket such as this: which I have--you have to make it fit but it works well to keep things dry or clean from dust: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D65KW5C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I also place a net over the storage container which gives it more security and you can place things in the net itself: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T6JKH2C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Dave

Attachments

• P1010416.JPG
    P1010416.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 723
Last edited:
I just saw a new version released by electric trike . com out of Pennsylvannia. The trike has a mid-drive motor, dual discs on the rear & a few other additions. Have you seen that one Dave?
I'll learn to post pics. on here (&/or links), to show you what I've found so far. They're mostly looking like the M-350 but with slightly altered frame where it seems they could be a bit easier to step through.

It looks like I can get a Daymark Florence at a location that is only a 4hr. drive from my house. I'm hoping they have some on location. Going to call them on Monday. Are you familiar with the Daymark Florence? (another that looks like the M-350 I believe)

It looks like I can get a Daymark Florence at a location that is only a 4hr. drive from my house. I'm hoping they have some on location. Going to call them on Monday. Are you familiar with the Daymark Florence? (another that looks like the M-350 I believe)

Colin
I couldn't find the new one you mentioned at electric trike. I have never heard of Daymak but I looked on their site at the one you mentioned and it looks pretty good. It has a Bafang 500W motor in the front and a 48volt 20ah battery which is remarkable. It has most of what you want and so close to you makes it even more attractive. You could drive up there, fall in love with it and haul it back to your place on Monday. I wonder if they would give you a few days for your wife to try it out.
Dave

I am watching this thread closely with interest because I may need to buy an e-trike soon for my wife. She currently has a Blix Aveny eBike that gave her great joy last summer, but because of declining health, she has been unable to ride so far this season and that situation has kept me off my ebike as well. We tried once, and she only made it 20' before falling, so I am hesitant to try again. My local LBS has a iZip E3 GO eTrike in stock for $2300. I kind of like the looks of it because it has a mid drive motor instead of a front hub drive and a 3 speed Sturmey Archer internal hub shifter. I realize this is a big compromise over her Blix eBike, but it may be our best option to stay on the trails. Does anyone have any experience with the iZip E3 GO?

Back