looking for a twist throttle for my level 2 ..

skaz

Region
Canada
3 pin male..it needs to be able to clear the trigger shifter also?
please dont reply if you have'nt bought the correct one

Last edited:
kinky.gif

3 pin male..it needs to be able to clear the trigger shifter also?
please dont reply if you have'nt bought the correct one
This works great on my Abound.
This is my shifter. There's ample clearance.

I didn't like the torque sensor because the lowest setting gave me more boost than I usually wanted. Then the bearings began dragging a lot under load, as in pedaling up a hill. I replaced it with a conventional bottom bracket. Any assistance came from the thumb throttle.

This twist throttle is much more comfortable and so precise that I can use it to maintain 3 mph on level pavement. I use my Abound as a utility bike. I'm usually not over 15 mph. With little air drag, 50 watts or so can make a big difference. If I want to avoid crawling up a hill, the throttle can help me maintain a constant speed, within 0.1 mph.

It came with rubber grips that I like better than any that came on my 4 e-bikes.
twist throttle.jpeg

Spokewrench
If you didn't know, you can have a adjustable cruise control throttle with that model, just remove the small plastic sleeve that fits in the twist part, then jamb to two parts together, this will create friction between both parts and hold what ever speed you want makes for very long battery life when you are traveling long distances etc.
I run the same throttle only on the left side on both of my rides. ymmv

Y’all are heading to the dungeon. The OP specifically asked about the Level2 and no other bike.

I’ll join you. This is my Ride1up 700 with a half twist throttle in the right. There is maybe a few mm of clearance, but the paddles clear the throttle. The bike came with a left side thumb throttle. I hated it because I can not signal and accelerate through an intersection at the same time.

IMG_3382.jpeg

Spokewrench
If you didn't know, you can have a adjustable cruise control throttle with that model, just remove the small plastic sleeve that fits in the twist part, then jamb to two parts together, this will create friction between both parts and hold what ever speed you want makes for very long battery life when you are traveling long distances etc.
I run the same throttle only on the left side on both of my rides. ymmv
Throttle friction wouldn't give me a constant speed. The steepness of a hill changes even if it's not apparent. Besides, as I tire, I would slow if I didn't add a few watts of assistance.

Friction in my replacement shifter was causing missed shifts until I loosened the crosshead screw in the bottom. I think it was designed to be adjustable, but eventually the screw came loose. A dab of Permatex Screw Glue fixed that.

Last edited:
Y’all are heading to the dungeon. The OP specifically asked about the Level2 and no other bike.
He asked if we'd bought the correct one, and I believe I have. There are 6 possible ways to wire the three pins, so I didn't know what would work on my Aventon until I read that this one worked on an Aventure. It stands to reason that all Aventon controllers would use the same throttle wiring because otherwise there would be a lot of hassle over replacement Aventon thumb throttles.

The collar on the inboard end of my throttle has a 47mm diameter, so if @skaz were to remove his right grip and find at least 12mm between the shift lever and the bar, it should work with this throttle. If there isn't clearance, maybe a few mm could be removed from the lever or the shifter could be moved a few mm inboard.

Back