Lock8 - GPS-tracking lock for your Bike

Nichen

Hey guys I'm pretty excited about this lock for Bikes...maybe you've seen it before. I think it will be on sale next year. It's called Lock8 and I will definately get one for my E-bike. I found a great presentationvideo on youtube:

I wonder if it would hold up to complete submersion, put a bag around it and fill with water.. whatever the case thieves will enjoy the challenge. In California we have beater bikes for runs to the taco shop etc, some are so rusty they are like abstract art. -S

Sorry to be a skeptic but this looks like one kick and it's done. Not exactly hidden, like in a seat tube. -S

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Sorry to be a skeptic but this looks like one kick and it's done. Not exactly hidden, like in a seat tube. -S

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

The advantage to this one is nobody knows it's there until you show up with your two friends. Smith & Wesson

The nice thing with Lock8 is that once someone is trying to brake the lock or remove it you will be alarmed instantly thru your smartphone. There will also be a very loud alarm set off. But I'm definately open for other ideas also of course. Biknut that's pretty cool...it's not very expensive at all I like that.

lmao that's a good one "your two friends smith & wesson".....yeah I would also be pretty furious if I caught the sucker in the act trying to steal my bike.

But I'm definately open for other ideas also of course

I'm not a fan of secret security, security the thief doesn't know is there until he damages or steals your bike. And what will you really do once your bike is stolen? Track it and steal it back? Go to jail for B&E. Hurt the thief? Go to jail for assault. Tell the police? They knock on the door and thief says "what bike?". By the time a warrant is issued it will be... what bike?

Far better to attempt to keep a thief from starting to steal. Like most here I'm sure, I've owned a hundred pounds of locks and the Abus Bordo Granit X-Plus 6500 Foldable Lock is the Bes Dam Lock I've owned! Although that would change IF my bike gets stolen:eek:

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of secret security, security the thief doesn't know is there until he damages or steals your bike. And what will you really do once your bike is stolen? Track it and steal it back? Go to jail for B&E. Hurt the thief? Go to jail for assault. Tell the police? They knock on the door and thief says "what bike?". By the time a warrant is issued it will be... what bike?

Far better to attempt to keep a thief from starting to steal. Like most here I'm sure, I've owned a hundred pounds of locks and the Abus Bordo Granit X-Plus 6500 Foldable Lock is the Bes Dam Lock I've owned! Although that would change IF my bike gets stolen:eek:

Most people are going to lock their bike in conjunction with a gps. Using only a lock, by the time you find out someone is stealing your bike, it's already gone. With a gps, when someone's trying to steal your bike, say while you're sitting in a restaurant, you'll get an alert on your phone that your bike is being tampered with. If your lock is as good as the one you use, maybe you'll have time to walk out and save your bike.

I like living by the old adage: an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. That's why I think it's far better to attempt to keep a thief from starting to steal. But peace of mind is worth spending time and money on, there are no wrong sentiments expressed here. Another thought to keep in mind is that many home owners insurance policies will cover bikes, often times for no additional cost, check with your agent.

Back