Load4 75 e-cargo bike

Ericcat

Region
United Kingdom
Hello,
Im looking at a couple of options for e-cargo bikes for my business. One of them is the RM Load4 75 model.
Anyone here got one? Any problems I should know about?
Has anyone made their own load area side panels or rain cover?
Thanks

North West England, north of Manchester - Pennine area, hilly with roads that aren’t the best maintained

Hello,
Im looking at a couple of options for e-cargo bikes for my business. One of them is the RM Load4 75 model.
Anyone here got one? Any problems I should know about?
Has anyone made their own load area side panels or rain cover?
Thanks
I have a '22 Load60 and ride it in all kinds of terrain. It is very stable and managed anything I throw at it.

My understanding is that the 75 is slightly less stable on turns, but not excessively so. This comment came from a salesperson at the dealership.

My problems have been minor but very annoying. The kickstand has rubber feet. Use some sort of glue to make sure you don't lose one. Also, there is a kit with adjustable inserts for the feet. If it's not standard by now, look into it. Long story short: when the height changes between the bottom of the kickstand relative to the ground, chaos ensues. On a minor incline, the bike starts skidding, for example.

The kickstand is held in place by two springs which snap easily at the end loops. When the first one goes, take it seriously -- the second one is not far behind. I was stranded with a swaying kickstand that I tried tying into place with a rubber strap. The rubber strap actually bent the small aluminum bar the springs connect to.

The seatpost is large and non-standard. The bike comes with the lever-pull for the clamp, so anyone can walk off with your non-standard post, leaving you with no non-dealer option. Here in the US, I was not able to order an Allen-adjustable seat post collar, so we removed the lever and fitted an Allen bolt to the original collar.

The Abus keys -- on most RM models, the Abus key feels solid/dependable. On the Load, it's a different key series that feels flimsy -- as though the key will bend or get stuck.

The Suntour front suspension is notorious for early failure, but there aren't many 20" suspension options out there. Me, I just lock off the fs. I find the rear suspension sufficient. Problem solved.

Back