Load 60 Second Battery Retrofit

andersonimes

There is a Load 60 at a local store that is ALMOST perfect for me. The only thing it lacks is dual battery. Anyone know if there is a way to retrofit a second battery or do I really have to custom order one of these things and wait 5 months?

(To be clear: I know I could get a second battery and hot swap, and I might consider that, but it's not my first preference)

It will likely cost you more to retrofit than to have it configured at the factory, but your dealer should be able to source all the necessary parts to do it.

I was told by a dealer that it can’t be done, they told me to hot swap
It can be done, it's just that R&M discourages it, preferring bikes to be configured for duallbatt from the factory.

Last edited:
I couldn't find someone who knew how or could do it, BUT I found another dealer that happened to have some new Load 60s with precisely the specs I was looking for, so that's the route I took. I'm not confident there is a way to do this - at least I could find no information about it. Clearly it has to be possible because there isn't something fundamentally different about the bike - it has to be just different wiring or something of that nature, but there isn't info on it, which makes it a bit of a no-go, at least in the Seattle area.

Regardless, I'm super happy with my Load 60.

I couldn't find someone who knew how or could do it, BUT I found another dealer that happened to have some new Load 60s with precisely the specs I was looking for, so that's the route I took. I'm not confident there is a way to do this - at least I could find no information about it. Clearly it has to be possible because there isn't something fundamentally different about the bike - it has to be just different wiring or something of that nature, but there isn't info on it, which makes it a bit of a no-go, at least in the Seattle area.

Regardless, I'm super happy with my Load 60.

Just to close the loop should someone be considering the same situation, you can absolutely add a 2nd battery to a Load, the frames are all the same. It's not the easiest thing putting all the parts together but the frame will accept the assorted parts, y harness, and mounting bits. That said YOU CANNOT do the same thing on other R&M bikes. Got a Nevo and want a 2nd batt? You're hot swapping.

Glad you love the Load!!

Back