Lights added to Thule Easy Fold.

dodgeman

Region
USA
City
Macomb, Illinois
So I saw a video on here of a set of lights added to a Thule Easy Fold made by Curt. Problem is they are not available for over a month are we are taking a trip soon. Went to the local farm store, nothing that would work. Went to Walmart and they had an LED strip that plugs into the flat four trailer lights on my truck. Got some Velcro and all set.

The led strip is exactly the same width as the Thule. Problem is there are reflectors that stand out from the rack. I drilled holes in the reflector mounts. All the way through on the right, only one hole on the left. On the left a couple of inches of the led strip tucked in behind the reflector and on the right it passes all the way through with the wiring coming out on the far right. Velcro holds the led strip it on. There is some ratchet tie downs for the bike wheels and it tucked behind them.

The wiring is pretty thin compared to the Curt setup so I put it in convoluted tubing and taped it up with friction tape. Worked out pretty well, just undo the Velcro to fold it up. $20 for the led strip and $10 for the Velcro. The led strip is somewhat flexible and brakes, turn signals and marker lights all work on it. A couple of pics.

BBB2DB44-4302-4D83-AE5B-BA41FB422A50.jpeg
36C896F6-8D04-4E2A-A86A-2C6D81583003.jpeg

That looks nice! My only question is why is Dodgeman driving an F150??? 🤔

I’ve been asked that before. I’ve owned some classic Mopars in the past and currently own a late model Challenger, hence Dodgeman.

Back