Light weight step through ebike

Muckey

Region
USA
I’m a single 62 year young looking for a step through ebike. I’ve tried Aventon step through, however it was really heavy for me to lift up. I’ve also tried riding two other brands here in North Idaho. What’s important to me is a step through, front suspension, light weight really don’t want to over 65 pounds. I have been looking for so many and I really don’t know which is the best a bike for under 2000. I don’t want to go over 2000 for my first ebike. I don’t need a folding one I just don’t like the designs of it, Any suggestions of which bike or experience with a step through under $2000 to stay away from or to consider? Oops I almost forgot I would be riding it on roads and packed trails also taken a Camping

I think it is over 2000 but maybe not much, the flx step thru should be pretty light and I think you can swap out the tires for 2.3 on those rims if needed

It's tough to get a really light weight step thru, because all the structural tubing has been taken out of the center and they need heavier wall tubing to retain the frame strength. Most step throughs rely on the welding only for strength. Do that with thin wall tubing and you get cracking and frame failure.

This powder blue one is electric and not heavy. I just bolted on electric parts to a regular bike.

Attachments

• C7i022104.JPG
    C7i022104.JPG
    358.6 KB · Views: 343
I’m a single 62 year young looking for a step through ebike. I’ve tried Aventon step through, however it was really heavy for me to lift up. I’ve also tried riding two other brands here in North Idaho. What’s important to me is a step through, front suspension, light weight really don’t want to over 65 pounds. I have been looking for so many and I really don’t know which is the best a bike for under 2000. I don’t want to go over 2000 for my first ebike. I don’t need a folding one I just don’t like the designs of it, Any suggestions of which bike or experience with a step through under $2000 to stay away from or to consider? Oops I almost forgot I would be riding it on roads and packed trails also taken a Camping
Espin Flow checks many of your boxes and comes in under 60 lbs...

The new Como SL?
It sure is nice but at $4K the Como is twice her limit.
1621118150813.png

I do not know much about this bike in detail, but it is a mid-drive, step thru with a Nexus and comes in at about $1,899. It is called a Mimo.
1621118584684.png

Another vote for the 55lb Espin Flow

Me, too 😉!

Even lighter when the battery is removed...

Back