Light ebike

1712504973575.png

Not in the market but here's another low power, small battery36# ebike @ $499, 4 year warranty including electronics for an additional $77 with no concern about seller going out of business rendering the warranty worthless. Really good looking stealth ebike that's well equipped including kickstand. Not for Walmart haters but I love my two (non-E) Walmart bikes.
Borderline unbelievable for the right person and use.

won 😀; good catch for low budget.
My roadster is my 3rd ebike, limitation at 20 mph is a real concern
for me. Not for the speed but you feel a brake when you reach around 18 mph. My XP 3.0 when unlock to 28 mph it’s so great, when lock PAS 4&5 have no action. Riding at 20 mph without stop and go from the motor is nice, just the agrément.
Nb: When needed a long range trip, I lock my XP3.0...

750 miles and still love my bike. 👍
Very well surprised with the range ( I ride mainly in PAS 1 ).
It looks like they are selling the last one now 😢

750 miles and still love my bike. 👍
Very well surprised with the range ( I ride mainly in PAS 1 ).
It looks like they are selling the last one now 😢

Did you end up doing the battery-in-a-bag gag?

What's the range?

I thought I should add another option for lightweight affordable city bikes is this Velotric Thunder 1 ST that I've had for a little over a year. A spirited Class 1 ebike that's fun to ride.

Veoltric-Thunder-1-ST.jpg

Torque sensor, hydraulic disk brakes, crisp shifting, plus Find My built-in. About 36 pounds. They advertise range at 54 miles or so, I find it closer to 45 miles with my riding. I had to add a good suspension seatpost to help with our lumpy bike trails and streets here.

I did 25 miles but could do more…
The soft allows you to reach more than 20 mph in PAS 1 ( no break from the system). I have 2 Panaracer tires (110psi), the bike is so fast.

Couldn't find any more Velowaves at walmart.com, but there are a few others that are similar, One or two came with LCD screens, which may help the feel of the pedal assist.

The biggest tradeoff on low cost hubmotors is the three level pedal assist used in their controllers. It's usually set up to run about 12 mph, which is faster than many new ebikers want to go, if they're riding with friends on regular bikes, If you get into five level pedal assist, then PAS 1 is around 10 mph.

Meanwhile the 20 cell 36V7ah batteries are small, but you can usually eke 25 miles out of them.

The prices are going down for the single speed bikes:
lhttps://www.ridefaboard.com/products/hurley-carve-electric-urban-single-speed-e-bike-700c-bicycle-max-distance-52km?currency=USD&variant=39600086974593&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&stkn=4b38c549b77e
Looks the preowned too...

Good looking bike for the flats. Clean lines. I would need some gears.
It depends on where you live/terrain. If I lived on a beach this bike would be awesome. I wish I didn't need gears sometimes lol.

Edit: rim brakes?....I haven't seen that in awhile

Reactions: PSm
I did 25 miles but could do more…
The soft allows you to reach more than 20 mph in PAS 1 ( no break from the system). I have 2 Panaracer tires (110psi), the bike is so fast.
Before I got the extender battery for my Roadster v2, found it to be good for 20+ miles easily, if mainly using lower PAS.

Looked up my ride history and my personal distance record with the Roadster v2 internal battery only was 65+ miles and 6000+ elevation gain, which included I’m guessing 40 miles motor off. Wanted to test it and my own endurance 😅

It depends on where you live/terrain. If I lived on a beach this bike would be awesome. I wish I didn't need gears sometimes lol.

Ha, I had the Roadster v2 with rim brakes, and they actually worked well. Having a lighter bike makes a big difference.

And I actually did a lot of climbing including ridiculous hills with my Roadster v2 and got rid of some belly by the climbing out of the saddle. Before finally selling it (new bike and too many other bikes), my stats showed over 500,000 feet altitude gained 🚴 ⛰️😃 with it.

Last edited:

This is (was?) a great bike. Climbs pretty good grades ok with effort. I love this little sucker, by far my favorite. I can get 25-30 miles easily on most of my rides. But I'm a fan of single speeds - have 4. 2 ebikes and 2 non-ebikes. Also each has a different brakes - rim, mechanical, hydraulic, and even a coaster (my cruiser or klunker whatever I desire). I actually like the rims best. So simple, and they work fine.
Too bad they may be ending this bike.

Back