Life Cycle of a Biktrix Juggernaut Classic HD

temujen

After a ton of deliberation, and with some helpful guidance from CS/Roshan at Biktrix, I've just placed an order for my very first ebike!

I went with the Juggernaut Classic HD, with 17ah battery, and opted for the 4" fat tires, as 4.8" was just a little too much given my intent to ride a fair amount on pavement. Also upgraded the brakes to the Tektro Hydraulic option, as I think the added stopping capability is a no-brainer for me, and I don't plan to ride a ton in freezing temps, where hydraulic brakes may not be the best choice.

I wanted to start this thread to chronicle the experience from its inception, and plan to update it with my thoughts on the bike once it arrives, and as I ride it (and upgrade, i'm sure). Even though ebikes have been a thing for years and years now, doing my research the past couple of weeks, I found it difficult to find good documentation of personal experiences with specific brands and models, so hopefully, this thread will be helpful for potential purchasers.

I live in a decent-sized city in Montana, and I actually haven't seen ANY ebikes around, although a ton of people ride road bikes/mountain bikes, so it'll be an interesting experience to start riding around town, etc...

Delivery is set to take place the 3rd week of July, so i'll be updating in the near future!

Now that Im back from Vacation I will see if I can fix that for you Zara. I plan to do some Ride filming. What in particular are you looking for just how the bike flys by? or do you want ride video of the camera mounted on handlebars?

I'm curious about anything you're willing to film!

The juggernaut is on my short list but it's a sight unseen purchase so I'm curious about the bikes geometry, how it performs under different assist / throttle levels, and a front mounted camera would be righteous, too.

Anything you feel comfortable with would be much appreciated!

Thank you very much, sir/madam!

Hi all - still haven't received any shipment notification from Biktrix as of yet, but from Roshan's message above, it sounds like we should be getting notified....by today? It's Friday and i'm assuming shipments don't go out on the weekends.

I will be very thorough on the written and video review - I really wrung my hands over this purchase decision as I like to do my homework before spending any money, especially several grand.

Hi all - still haven't received any shipment notification from Biktrix as of yet, but from Roshan's message above, it sounds like we should be getting notified....by today? It's Friday and i'm assuming shipments don't go out on the weekends.

I will be very thorough on the written and video review - I really wrung my hands over this purchase decision as I like to do my homework before spending any money, especially several grand.

Shipping them in the order they were received. By the end of next week we'll have all bikes out!

Hi Roshan, hope you're well.

I reached out to you last week via email on Tuesday with a couple of questions regarding the fenders/rack being included. I've followed up twice over the past 9 days but haven't heard back. Would really appreciate an update across the board here, with regards to the initial accessory questions, and the shipping, as there's only one more day left in the week.

It has been just about a month since the bike was supposed to have shipped, and while I have a first-hand appreciation for the challenges of working with int'l sourcing, I have to say that my patience has worn thin.

I'm sad to say that i've submitted my cancellation to Roshan via [email protected] as of 1:55pm MDT today. This is no reflection on the quality of the product, as it wouldn't be fair of me to speculate since I never took delivery, but I personally have issue with extended delivery times, etc...as this is valuable/peak riding time here in Montana.

I still may pursue a Biktrix bike in the near future, especially since it's difficult to find a package that offers as much bang for the buck, but i'll have to see how I like whatever alternative I end up going with first.

I'm sad to say that i've submitted my cancellation to Roshan via [email protected] as of 1:55pm MDT today. This is no reflection on the quality of the product, as it wouldn't be fair of me to speculate since I never took delivery, but I personally have issue with extended delivery times, etc...as this is valuable/peak riding time here in Montana.

I still may pursue a Biktrix bike in the near future, especially since it's difficult to find a package that offers as much bang for the buck, but i'll have to see how I like whatever alternative I end up going with first.

Sorry, we've been crazy busy getting bikes out the door. For fast email reply, please email [email protected]

Too bad we lost your order. But like we discussed on the phone, your bike was packed and waiting for pickup.

Custom bikes take time to build and I know if this shipped yesterday, you'd have not cancelled the order. We did our best and didn't win. But that's okay.

Note that prices are likely going to jump up 15-25% across all ebikes in North America over the next week. Good luck!

Attachments

• 20180816_145953.jpg
    20180816_145953.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 647
Roshan - was good speaking with you, and i'm glad that we got to chat 1 on 1. Thank you for clarifying the situation, and it is unfortunate we weren't able to do business together this time around. I know you understand my situation, and I understand yours. It's not often that you get to speak directly with the owner of a company, and they're willing to hear you out, as you did with me.

Just want you to know that i'm certainly not opposed to owning a Biktrix, but we just weren't able to make it happen this time around.

Internet sales are most challenging. What I like about Rad Power Bikes is that they will not take accept your order unless they have the bikes in. It is discouraging at first, I had to be patient because their stock would be depleted within 10 minutes of being available on their website. In the long run, I felt better. Only waited a week to get my bike shipped to me once I placed the order. They also emailed me and let me know when the bikes were available on their website to order.

Internet sales are most challenging. What I like about Rad Power Bikes is that they will not take accept your order unless they have the bikes in. It is discouraging at first, I had to be patient because their stock would be depleted within 10 minutes of being available on their website. In the long run, I felt better. Only waited a week to get my bike shipped to me once I placed the order. They also emailed me and let me know when the bikes were available on their website to order.

This works great when you simply build bikes in China and ship them direct to consumer. We can't do this because we custom build bikes. Check out all the options available here for example:
https://www.biktrix.com/collections/bikes/products/biktrix-juggernaut-classic-hd

This works great when you simply build bikes in China and ship them direct to consumer. We can't do this because we custom build bikes. Check out all the options available here for example:
https://www.biktrix.com/collections/bikes/products/biktrix-juggernaut-classic-hd

Nice bikes with options (love options) Roshan. A custom bike would be my choice over some of the others. Delivery dates are important to hit in any business. People become more impatient the longer they wait. We experience the same issues in our business.

Last edited:
I purchased a Rad Rover one year ago. Either the timing was just lucky, or Rad Power was not selling as many bikes then, or both. I bought and 7 days later, I was riding my first ebike! Then Rad Power announced their new step-thru at the beginning of 2018. THREE TIMES, I attempted to purchase one, three times I failed. Talk about frustration!! I decided I would look for another source for a step-thru, and that's when I found Biktrix. Another lucky break, the Stunner LT was in stock!! Once I had the bike, I was very impressed - better build, better design, more features (fenders, rack) for the price. I decided to sell my Rover, and get a better bike - the Biktrix Jugg HD. I understand build to order, and have built computer servers and workstations to order for most of our 40 years in the computer business. We experience delays and it is frustrating when it's out of my control. But I have learned patience may often have great rewards. Looking forward to my new bike!

Any updates on how the bike actually handles and rides?

Living in a country with actual winters, I've been looking for a bike that could sport fat tires for snow conditions and then swap 3" tires for summer and as this would be a commuter, rack and fenders are a must.

Obviously I'm rather cautious about ordering something from the other side of Atlantic, as handling any post-sales problems would be annoying.

But there just aren't that many bikes with mid motor, ability to swap between MTB and fat wheels and guaranteed support for mudguards and rack.

Any updates on how the bike actually handles and rides?

Living in a country with actual winters, I've been looking for a bike that could sport fat tires for snow conditions and then swap 3" tires for summer and as this would be a commuter, rack and fenders are a must.

Obviously I'm rather cautious about ordering something from the other side of Atlantic, as handling any post-sales problems would be annoying.

But there just aren't that many bikes with mid motor, ability to swap between MTB and fat wheels and guaranteed support for mudguards and rack.

Looks like the OP was forced to cancel the order due to late delivery.

Back