LF: Early ST1 adapter charging dongle...

Kfredtan

Region
USA
Anyone here has an old adapter dongle for chargning the battery out of the bike? Or if anyone can direct me were i can get them? Thanks
stromer-st1-ebike-ladegeraet-adapter-zubehoer_780x520@2x.jpg

If anyone would like to pull out a multimeter and draft up a pinout diagram, that would be swell, too. I can make my own.

If you would pin this out I would appreciate it. Bought a stormer today but you can’t use the charger if the battery is out of the bike frame

Thread revival !!

Did anyone manage to establish if there is an alternative to buying this from Stormer ?

Thanks @DavidRvR for prompt reply.

Alot like the OP, I'm reluctant to spend £40 / 45 CAD on this cable unless absolutely necessary

Surely it can't be a unique plug/socket to Stromer, can it ?!!

Hello,

I had one lying around, so I just created a pinout for it. As it turns out, there are only two conductors. If you can get a hold of the connectors and the shells for the connectors, you should be able to make one up for less than what Stromer is charging.

battery adapter.png

Call Scooteretti in Ottawa. Good people there. Anything Stromer won't be cheap, I think a charger is over $400.

Thank you @andyw - that’s a big help. Looks like Amazon/EBay have the connectors

For the complete novices amongst us, what cable would you use ?

Thank you @andyw - that’s a big help. Looks like Amazon/EBay have the connectors

For the complete novices amongst us, what cable would you use ?
I would use a jacketed, 2-conductor, stranded, 18 AWG cable.

This is the cheapest I could find on Amazon, but it comes with a lot more than you'll need.

You could probably get away with speaker cable if you had any around, and could encase it in shrink wrap if you wanted to make it pretty.

Update.

Thanks for all helpful replies.........I have since found a cable online for 30 euros, which considering the parts cost/skills required is a better solution for me.

Back