Let's see your best pic of your electric bicycle

Here's a Surly Ogre I built up from the ground up for commuting purposes. It's been a blast from the very beginning. I recommend building your own bike, you get what you want, no compromises, well maybe a couple here and there:

Lovely clean, neat and tidy build. :)

A few recent shots of the new KTM Macina Race.

e1.JPG e2.JPG e3.JPG

Last edited:
Many thanks Ann. :)

Once again on The South Downs National Park. :)

I've been down there two Saturdays in a row.

The first ride was 41.8 miles with an elevation gain of 5,171 ft

uz17.JPG

The second ride yesterday, was 60.8 miles with an elevation gain of 4,622 ft

Hailsham 140516.JPG

Both rides can be found in the first two albums from my FB page. https://www.facebook.com/edwardpeterjefferies/ (feel free to delete if not deemed appropriate)

Had a nice 30 mile evening ride yesterday, it was over 80F degrees! We went from a low of 38 a week ago to a high of 88 yesterday.... I hate it when there's no Spring! Mostly off road on gravel/dirt rail trail, from Pennsylvania into Maryland. It was a great evening to be on the bike!

BH Mason Dixon.jpg
Mason Dixon Line. I posted a similar pic of this with my old ebike.

BH new loco.jpg
This is the new/old locomotive. They really are going modern, compared to:

BH old loco.jpg
This their old locomotive;) Pic from last November.

The second locomotive is a reproduction of the train President Lincoln rode these same tracks to give the Gettysburg Address. Unfortunately in just a few short years he rode it again, on his way to be buried in Illinois.

One of my favorite quotes from Abraham Lincoln: "Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be".

Has anyone here used PLASTIDIP spray ? I'd like to try something like it (instead of the gaffer tape that I'm currently using) to "black out" the EasyMotion branding.

Here is an updated photo .... I've removed the gaffer tape and used PLASTI-DIP to cover the branding ... Not a perfect match, but happy with the results.

NeoVoltPlastiDip.jpg

All my transportation is now rechargeable

Attachments

• Natchez Trace 2.jpg
    Natchez Trace 2.jpg
    722.2 KB · Views: 492
  • IMG_2604.JPG
    IMG_2604.JPG
    1,008.1 KB · Views: 356
  • FullSizeRender 4 copy.jpg
    FullSizeRender 4 copy.jpg
    586.9 KB · Views: 338
  • ArkelCollage.png
    ArkelCollage.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 490
Last edited:

Trek Top Fuel 9.9 carbon fibre frame with Bafang BBSHD running at 50v from a Em3ev 50v 19AH battery. All-up weight 25kg. The power delivery is extremely smooth and the motor very quiet. It's the best crank-drive motor system that I've ever tried. It has the gear sensor that cuts the power when you change gear, which helps a lot.

It was a very difficult bike to convert because of the carbon fibre frame and non-standard bottom bracket. We had to make special inserts for the BB and a special pivot bolt for the suspension to anchor the anti-torque plate. The pivot bolt rotates with the suspension, so the plate is not clamped to it.

(Link Removed - Attachment No Longer Exists) (Link Removed - Attachment No Longer Exists) (Link Removed - Attachment No Longer Exists) My Haibike Xduro 29er and my missus' Evo Cross.
Fallen Leaf Lake Waterfalls. Above Lake Tahoe.
Great times!

RG

Trek Top Fuel 9.9 carbon fibre frame with Bafang BBSHD running at 50v from a Em3ev 50v 19AH battery. All-up weight 25kg. The power delivery is extremely smooth and the motor very quiet. It's the best crank-drive motor system that I've ever tried. It has the gear sensor that cuts the power when you change gear, which helps a lot.

It was a very difficult bike to convert because of the carbon fibre frame and non-standard bottom bracket. We had to make special inserts for the BB and a special pivot bolt for the suspension to anchor the anti-torque plate. The pivot bolt rotates with the suspension, so the plate is not clamped to it.

(Link Removed - Attachment No Longer Exists) (Link Removed - Attachment No Longer Exists) (Link Removed - Attachment No Longer Exists)

Getting ready for the rainy season. No rattles and shakes and does fine in the wet, but I did pay attention to sealing the critical areas during assembly.

IMG_2247.JPG

Last edited:
Cool e-bike and I'm looking forward of purchasing an e-bike in a couple of days. Saw some info on that model, awesome!!

That bike's seen some riding, @JRA! A little mud, a bit of wear, all marks of a true commuter :)

Only about 600 miles in the last month since I got it built up actually. But they have not been easy miles and in lots of different environments from sea level to 11,000'+.

IMG_2341.JPG

I wish I could say I commute on it but my job as a commercial fisherman doesn't make that feasible. But it does get me large chunks of time off so that I can ride bicycles! This bike is the culmination of 15+ years of following the progression of motor assist bicycles here in the U.S.. Of the 6 MAB's I have had (3 electric and 3 ICE) this is by far the most useful to me for getting to places that I want to be. The two wheel drive feature of the front hub motor makes the bike very adaptable to different terrain and you can climb some really steep, loose tracks using the motor and your input through the gearing and also make good time on just about any road surface.

My favorite conversion before this was a BOB trailer with a Magic Pie, had a lot of fun with that but the internal controller blew just before fishing a few years ago and I never did get it going again. I thought about resurrecting it but it was only good for roads and I wanted something that would handle gravel type surfaces better. But the fact that I could disconnect it easily from my bike was nice as I like to just ride a bicycle too. This one rides without the power on surprisingly well as the 9c motor has very little parasitic drag, way less than the 2 direct drives I have had previously. A 10 minute swap of the hub motor wheel for the stock one and leave the battery off and presto! It's an only slightly heavier than stock bicycle again.

060f56f509c485ab53b95844ec6e3df1.jpg
14671112_10209641897339924_7405426068876145083_n.jpg

These two pics have been sent from one of our customers last weeks. She was super satisfied with it and I am sure she will have lots of fun with her bike.

Back