Let's see your best pic of your electric bicycle

well I did take some artful effort - but autumn leaves and snow etc are hard to beat .. :)
upload_2017-11-9_10-27-2.png

Falling leaves everywhere!
Bike trail in the fall season.jpg

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
The original Tektro Auriga brakes are not strong enough to slow down the ebike with confidence. I just replaced the front with 4 piston caliper and the difference is like night and day. Stopping is now reassuring and I can stop with confidence even at the last minute.
41q5mkr1yCL._SY355_.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TRP-Slate-4-Piston-Hydraulic-Disc-Brake-System-Left-Lever-Front-Caliper-Black/182792714551?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Last edited:
Falling leaves everywhere!
The original Tektro Auriga brakes are not strong enough to slow down the ebike with confidence. I just replaced the front with 4 piston caliper and the difference is like night and day. Stopping is now reassuring and I can stop with confidence even at the last minute.
41q5mkr1yCL._SY355_.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TRP-Slate-4-Piston-Hydraulic-Disc-Brake-System-Left-Lever-Front-Caliper-Black/182792714551?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Love the red and black juxtaposed with the autumnal colors. Good looking bike!

75C49AA4-F715-47A0-A27F-48450B8513B3.jpeg EF5C61D6-B3BF-456D-B1EE-AE0407661DAE.jpeg 3139E65E-F86A-4945-AC3A-641B53F8B1F5.jpeg 1A8F7C0D-0528-41DA-92A4-B5EC27F0D35E.jpeg 5B482F3C-3B06-4351-A72E-83D208420B49.jpeg 10D35FE5-ACB8-43FD-8D55-B03406205CAB.jpeg

Thought I’d share a few pix showing my Riese and Muller Delite. I was on a run to the ‘libation’ store when these were taken. I’ve added an Ortlieb handlebar bag and their ‘Rack Box’ at the rear. Since the Intuvia display spans the stem area where the standard Ortlieb mount would normally rest, I ordered their E207 mount, and it works great. I still have the tilt adjustment of the display and it’s easily removed. The Rack Box has an adjustable clamp mount which easily accommodates the 16mm diameter top tubes of the bike rack. When fully loaded I will usually add an additional strap to lessen the load on the clamps.

The bike is a real pleasure to ride, even when carrying a load. I have yet to take it off-road, and have yet to be caught in the rain. I think that may change with the approaching winter.

Motobecane's first ebike is a well-specced, full suspension eMTB with pedal assistance from the STePS E8000. My first 50 trail miles have been a blast - more details in another post (click to see).
View attachment 19110 View attachment 19111 View attachment 19112 View attachment 19113
Hoy-Hoy! My eyes zoomed right in on that, even on a smartphone. Small fraternity.

Oh, nice bike too! How are you liking the E8000?

Edit: I see how you like it in the other thread.

Last edited:
...I’ve added an Ortlieb handlebar bag and their ‘Rack Box’ at the rear... Since the Intuvia display spans the stem area where the standard Ortlieb mount would normally rest, I ordered their E207 mount, and it works great...
Hey thanks for the tip on the handlebar bag. You got me checking the Ortlieb website for one for my Charger. I was just assuming because of the Intuvia display and the front light that there wouldn't be any bags that would fit. So it looks from the photos that the bag does not block your headlight? Is that the large or medium bag? I'm torn between the small and medium thinking the medium might take up too much real estate. I'm going to give one of them a try for sure so thanks again for posting your pics - it would be a great upgrade if I can find one to fit my Charger.

Hey thanks for the tip on the handlebar bag. You got me checking the Ortlieb website for one for my Charger. I was just assuming because of the Intuvia display and the front light that there wouldn't be any bags that would fit. So it looks from the photos that the bag does not block your headlight? Is that the large or medium bag? I'm torn between the small and medium thinking the medium might take up too much real estate. I'm going to give one of them a try for sure so thanks again for posting your pics - it would be a great upgrade if I can find one to fit my Charger.
I have the Ultimate6 plus Medium in granite black. The light is not blocked, and since the light that came with the bike has a horizontal cutoff, no energy is wasted lighting the bottom of the bag. I’ve attached a couple of photos. Measurement is from the centerline of the handlebar.

Attachments

• 4C5D8DD6-CB52-44B4-A0F0-61C245ADDB3F.jpeg
    4C5D8DD6-CB52-44B4-A0F0-61C245ADDB3F.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 648
  • 4F56697A-1AB5-457B-BF79-220F7D66F347.jpeg
    4F56697A-1AB5-457B-BF79-220F7D66F347.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 743
Motobecane's first ebike is a well-specced, full suspension eMTB with pedal assistance from the STePS E8000. My first 50 trail miles have been a blast - more details in another post (click to see).
View attachment 19110 View attachment 19111 View attachment 19112 View attachment 19113

LimboJim- This bike is so incredible! All of the bells and whistles for $3500.oo US. Retail @ $7000.00US is a great bargain. I was looking at the specs and could not find amp hours on the battery for this bike. Would you happen to know what it is or where that spec is listed? Congrats on your new purchase!!

LimboJim- This bike is so incredible! All of the bells and whistles for $3500.oo US . Retail @ $7000.00US is a great bargain. I was looking at the specs and could not find amp hours on the battery for this bike. Would you happen to know what it is or where that spec is listed? Congrats on your new purchase!!
I believe it's a 14Ah battery on a 36V system... 502Wh is now the standard for Shimano (Bosch, Yamaha too -most major eMTBs).

I just checked the Ortlieb website, and from what I gather, the height and width are the same on the medium and large sizes. Only the depth (front to back) varies between the two. So if your light is mounted like mine, you should be able to use either one.

I just checked the Ortlieb website, and from what I gather, the height and width are the same on the medium and large sizes. Only the depth (front to back) varies between the two. So if your light is mounted like mine, you should be able to use either one...

Thanks for that. I ordered the small version with the e-bike mount as a starter. I'll mount the small and then see how much extra room there is and perhaps order the medium. Then I can just switch the bags as space needs dictate. I appreciated the extra pics where you showed how much stuff you could carry in the bag. I think my light on the Charger is in the same position as yours so I'm hoping it all works out. Your post was good timing because I saved enough on the bag with the fall REI sale such that it offset the cost of the mount (which I had to order direct from Ortlieb).

Thanks for that. I ordered the small version with the e-bike mount as a starter. I'll mount the small and then see how much extra room there is and perhaps order the medium. Then I can just switch the bags as space needs dictate. I appreciated the extra pics where you showed how much stuff you could carry in the bag. I think my light on the Charger is in the same position as yours so I'm hoping it all works out. Your post was good timing because I saved enough on the bag with the fall REI sale such that it offset the cost of the mount (which I had to order direct from Ortlieb).
Yeah, I was unable to find anyone stocking the E207 Mount here in the states. But it only takes a couple of weeks. Glad this worked out for you.

That adapter is on the ortliebusa.com site. Page 2 of the handlebar bags, $30. Looking at it right now to go with the Ultimate 6 plus I just ordered from REI at their sale price.

It is a bit of a fast money grab by Ortlieb on these though... God knows they sell a ton of these bags I am sure to ebikers as well as the main touring guys... it’s just a matter of adding a second skew to each bag whether it’s the ebike or regular bag. I am aware that adding a skew is not a freebie, but there are a hell of a lot of ebikers out here and more and more are going to start figuring out that you can tour with these things, and Ortlieb could benefit by making it easier.

Just my two cents, thirty bucks isn’t going to kill me, but it takes some time and research to discover that you can use an Ortlieb with an Intuvia display rather than just order up an Arkel. I really wanted the Ortlieb, especially after seeing it and holding it in my grubby hands at the REI along the Erie Canal path in Rochester on my recent trip across the canal, but I knew the damn thing wouldn’t fit just by looking at it. Had to come home and dig to find that adapter.

Back