Let's see your best pic of your electric bicycle

This is my 5000 watt, off Road BEAST. Taken at HPC HQ just before shipping it out. It is currently on a DHL truck making it's way to California. Should be here tomorrow or the next day. :)

axQlX33qBmLPzX0Tj3FK4iXuDhTUlC.png

This is my 5000 watt, off Road BEAST. Taken at HPC HQ just before shipping it out. It is currently on a DHL truck making it's way to California. Should be here tomorrow or the next day. :)

axQlX33qBmLPzX0Tj3FK4iXuDhTUlC.png

Fitting to have the Jeep Rubicon in the photo!

At our cottage in Ontario. Great paths along the lakes and very bike friendly on the roads. Picture shows new upgrades to my DB with Brooks saddle, Bodyfloat seat post, front and rear USB lights, and water bottle cage. Also have discovered during this trip that there is a Huge difference in power between her 350W Bionx and my 500W currie, plus the rattle and shake of the fenders, basket (lol), and rear rack is unavoidable, and irritating. Not needed if not riding in the rain or wet conditions which I would never do with an ebike. I would definitely suggest the front suspension and seat suspension of your choice. Makes the ride so much more enjoyable at higher speeds I would not recommend less than a 500W motor to anyone under any circumstances. If you don't need all that power most of the time, at least it is there when you do. 20150526_174858.jpg20150526_175116.jpg

Last edited:
At our cottage in Ontario. Great paths along the lakes and very bike friendly on the roads. Picture shows new upgrades to my DB with Brooks saddle, Bodyfloat seat post, front and rear USB lights, and water bottle cage. Also have discovered during this trip that there is a Huge difference in power between her 350W Bionx and my 500W currie. I would not recommend less than a 500W motor to anyone under any circumstances. If you don't need all that power most of the time, at least it is there when you do. View attachment 3207View attachment 3208
Looks just like Northern Minnesota , nice! I am really enjoying my 600 watt geared motor - im a big guy and it zips me to 20 with ease.

Looks just like Northern Minnesota , nice! I am really enjoying my 600 watt geared motor - im a big guy and it zips me to 20 with ease.

I'm not as big, I guess ... 185. Average fitness, baby boomer.

My 350w climbs hills with ease and gets right up to 20 on the level, all while in the lower levels of assist (tour). I practically never set it to turbo anymore. 350w 36v is plenty.

Here's a pic of my china X-bike I picked up here in Phoenix about 8 years ago. I paid$ 750.00 for it new. I rode this bike commuting to work and running errands for about three years. I liked it. Had a leaded battery pack that was good for about 16 miles a charge, good power, and would top out at about 20 mph. It looks more like an electric scooter with pedals than an e-bike to me. regretfully, it was stolen off my porch last month so I am buying a Wave from their campaign and am looking forward to owning one. IMG_0781.JPG IMG_0781.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
My best is already posted, but here is my bike with the second battery mounted on the rack. Shot taken where I drained both batteries(9 and 12 aH) riding the 45 miles from Wassaic Metro-North Station, Dutchess County to Austerlitz, Columbia County, New York. Note the maps on legal sized paper clipped to top tube. My destination was a couple more miles up the road. Some sizeable hills and the bike weighed over 70 lbs, plus I'm 165 lbs. Have gotten over 60 miles range with slow riding on flat suburban terrain. (E motion Neo Xtreme)

(compressed to 1920 x 1080)IMG_2716 copy.JPG

Here's a pic of my china X-bike I picked up here in Phoenix about 8 years ago. I paid$ 750.00 for it new. I rode this bike commuting to work and running errands for about three years. I liked it. Had a leaded battery pack that was good for about 16 miles a charge, good power, and would top out at about 20 mph. It looks more like an electric scooter with pedals than an e-bike to me. regretfully, it was stolen off my porch last month so I am buying a Wave from their campaign and am looking forward to owning one. View attachment 3247 View attachment 3247 View attachment 3247 View attachment 3247 View attachment 3247

Very interesting bike. Sorry to hear it was stolen. It had a classic/utilitarian look to it!

I used to wonder why ebikes weigh so much. It started around 42 pounds, but with the kickstand, the better seat, upgraded wiring, fat tubes, premium tires, and all the electronics, it's around 48. A long distance battery (40 miles) adds around 8#. I can take stuff off in 2 minutes, which can be helpful.

The 350 watt Mac conversion on a BD Elite. I have $1400 in it. This is the bike for me. All business. No fluff.
That's a nice looking
I used to wonder why ebikes weigh so much. It started around 42 pounds, but with the kickstand, the better seat, upgraded wiring, fat tubes, premium tires, and all the electronics, it's around 48. A long distance battery (40 miles) adds around 8#. I can take stuff off in 2 minutes, which can be helpful.
That's a nice looking bike. I don't see a battery on it. Where does the battery fit?

That's a nice looking

That's a nice looking bike. I don't see a battery on it. Where does the battery fit?
I have a small pack that fits in the bag in front, where the electronics are. For range I can use a top tube bag, or on the rear rack. There are two sets of connectors, front and rear.

Hi all:
I don't have too many pictures of my eBike, so this one will have to do for now.
Those are studded snow tires and Bar Mits, both of which helped me get through this past Winter.
Now that it's almost Summer, I guess I'd better take another picture, so I can upload it to this thread.
Allen

DSC08701.jpg

image.jpg
This is my BBS02 750w Fatbike before I changed the chainring (to a blue 42t blingring), saddle (Adamo ISM breakaway) and grips.

Wowzer Adrian, that's seriously phat. You've got a whip that must kick a** and take names.
I just full-screened that picture and my Optibike (the Grey Ghost) moved into the corner and faced the wall.
Allen
;)

It's pretty awesome. I finished it at the end of last year and have been commuting with it since even through snow storms and -18c temperatures. I had to change the tires for some 4 inch studded Dillengers when it got icy though.

The bike itself was a cheap Fatbike even before the sale I bought it on - the battery and motor cost twice what the bike did in fact.

Back