Let's see your best pic of your electric bicycle

IMG_1577-L.jpg

Lighting makes a difference in getting a good shot, even with the shadow, you can
Interesting, they look like the two that burned up on the beach last week.... true story, but those are nice! I like the forward cranks! I'm guessing this couple overstressed the bikes riding through sand. http://www.ocregister.com/articles/bike-747209-beach-vondran.html

The Electric Bike company is the name of the manufacturer of the bikes that burned, The model is called a Newporter. Our bikes are E-Lux and the model is The Newport. One easy way to tell the difference is the fixed basket for the Electric Bike Company models, and no gears in the back as they are a single speed bike.

Similar but not the same. And the riders were on the paved trail not riding them in the sand.

on715x-b88908350z.120170321184933000gv9luso6.10-L.jpg

If you look at the pictures and where the bike path is, from my memory the last time i was there, i didnt think they'd have rolled them out into the sand so far from the path? I've seen riders stress out motors and over heat batteries.
Yes, i did see the difference, not meaning to imply they were the same model. Yours just reminded me of them.
A friend selling bikes there also suspected sand riding and stressing the system out. I'm certain theyre not anvious to take responsibility.

I ride 9 miles in sand with each trip I take. Soft limestone sand in places that rides like powder snow. In the subtropics. Never has my motor or battery heated up. It seems be more to do with quality control and making sure your bike is up to the conditions you will ride in.

I ride 9 miles in sand with each trip I take. Soft limestone sand in places that rides like powder snow. In the subtropics. Never has my motor or battery heated up. It seems be more to do with quality control and making sure your bike is up to the conditions you will ride in.
What size tire are you running?
I think tire size plays a very big role. I cooked a small gear drive, in the power range of the low end bikes like those that burned, and the battery was extremely hot. That was riding in very sandy and muddy conditions with 1.95" tires. Same ride with my fat bike, 4" tires, and similar motor with no problem.

What size tire are you running?
I think tire size plays a very big role. I cooked a small gear drive, in the power range of the low end bikes like those that burned, and the battery was extremely hot. That was riding in very sandy and muddy conditions with 1.95" tires. Same ride with my fat bike, 4" tires, and similar motor with no problem.
I have 4" fattie with a 500 watt motor and 48 volt battery. My only problem is staying up right in the soft sand. If not for my matching fenders I would upgrade to some Schwable Jumbo Jims for better traction.

I have 4" fattie with a 500 watt motor and 48 volt battery. My only problem is staying up right in the soft sand. If not for my matching fenders I would upgrade to some Schwable Jumbo Jims for better traction.
Exactly my point. 4" tire in sand are very different than 2" and under. Nice bike by the way! I wish I'd had a fat eBike when I lived on St Croix, USVI. Would have been the perfect island ride!

Back