Let's see your best pic of your electric bicycle

More and more, I think my best bet, since I truly love my Globe Sport touring bike, is to install a back wheel hub motor kit that allows me to keep all my gears, has throttle on demand, assistance override, and an attachment that cuts the engine when I brake. So, with the battery in the rear rack pack (which turns into a backpack) it would look like this: :)

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_08 Dec. 15 13.13.jpg
    ScreenHunter_08 Dec. 15 13.13.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 362
Supramax, if you already have a bike you like, a kit is a great way to go. I started out with putting an Electric Bike Outfitters kit on my old Trek 830 and it is a wonderful machine. In fact, it is my "go-to" bike for riding on the street, bike paths, and errands, despite my having a couple of mid-drive emtbs.
20160213_140257_zps8cfu0bm7.jpg

Very nice. I'll check out Electric Bike Outfitters. I was just reading a thread and watching a video on a Dillenger front wheel kit that was really affordable and had everything on my wish list for a conversion kit, except it was only a 350 motor and a front wheel conversion. I originally wanted the front wheel conversion, but I want more power and a rear wheel conversion seems a whole lot safer.

Very nice. I'll check out Electric Bike Outfitters. I was just reading a thread and watching a video on a Dillenger front wheel kit that was really affordable and had everything on my wish list for a conversion kit, except it was only a 350 motor and a front wheel conversion. I originally wanted the front wheel conversion, but I want more power and a rear wheel conversion seems a whole lot safer.

I'm delighted with the EBO kits, and even put one on my wife's bike which has enabled us to do a lot more riding together. Almost every Sunday we ride quite a ways down the pathways to old town and have a nice lunch together. They are rated 350 watt geared motors and assist up to about 19-20mph, and I have gone 43 miles and still had a "bar" of charge remaining.

Maybe, I don't need as much power as I think. I live on a pretty steep hill and after I get to the bottom, I have to go up a not quite as steep half mile hill. Two miles later there's a wicked one that I rarely see anyone except myself, drive up (in 26/32). :)

A really gorgeous view. Might have been above Rolle or Essertines. You a very fortunate to be able to ride in that region. Pretty nice rental :)

A little further west than I thought. I have never ridden in that part of GE. It must have been a very nice ride and its a really nice photo.

Talk about integrated batteries! That's what I call a beautiful bike. What is it and what is this?

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_28 Feb. 21 19.10.jpg
    ScreenHunter_28 Feb. 21 19.10.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 368
Another beautiful bike. It's invisible if you're not logged in. :)
I considered Rad's, but they want $400 to ship it to Canada.

Very nice JayVee !! On the edge of Lac Leman too. I cant help making a comparison with my month old 2016 Trekking SL. Similar but you have some additions. You have a different headlight and it looks like you have 20 gears compared to my 10. I plan to eventually modify mine like that or at least put on a slightly bigger chainring. I like the kickstand that folds itself up which is also a mod that I would like. I'm guessing its a Swiss bike tag on the rear mudguard or fender. The Ortlieb Panniers seem to fit nicely and increase your visibility. Have lots of pleasure riding your really nice bike!!

Thanks for the kickstand info JayVee. I have removed mine from my bike to see if it could work the way your does but unfortunately not. It has no brand name on it and actually seems to be nicely engineered.....to do exactly what I don't want it to do LOL. It snaps into place both forward to set it up and then backwards to park it with a flat spring inside the pivot which is held on by a big rivet which would need to be drilled out to investigate further. It has a different appearance to yours with a telescopic or sliding adjustment extension. I might be able to modify it but first I will search out a way to buy the one that you have. Its probably not available in the USA :). If I do work something out, I will also post in the Haibike section.
Incidentally you have the exact same rack that I have, a "Carrymore" with the I-rack mechanism and lock. Good luck getting a bag to fit the neat mechanism LOL. They are available in Germany, probably in CH too, but not in USA.

Back