Leilie Bike Controller Problem

aussiec6

Hope someone can shed some light on a problem my friend is having. He has a 5000w rear hub kit with controller, and tft display - they are all matched leili (chinese brand) components. He has a 72 volt battery as well. The problem we have is that he seems to be destroying the controllers and we don't know what is happening. So here is what happens. Gets brand new controller made for 5000w wheel. Fitted it, had to change sensor and hall wire combination around to get motor to run perfectly. Then within a day bike decides that it has had enough of that controller. Without warning it starts to pulse power, slow down, and make a loud noise from the hub. When the bike is pushed the hall sensor fail light flashes on/off for a split second as the wheel rotates.

First time around we changed out the controller - fixed the problem - then within 1/2 day the same problem arises, and we cannot keep buying controllers.

We don't know what is happening here and would really appreciate some advice.

Last edited:
Hi

I have the same problem. I have a brand new one 5.000watt and Leilie bike TFT display & controler 7280. .... 30 miles and controller broke down. How did you solve it
Regards

Douglas

Douglas - we have since done a bit of testing and it turns that the 2nd controller is ok - its a hall sensor fault in the wheel. My mate has had a run of bad luck with these components - 1 tft display fried; 1 controller blew; and now it looks like 1 x 5000w wheel has hall sensor problems. The tft display and controller were replaced by the company after some back and forth. We have taken the wheel to a repairer to get fixed - not bothering with trying to go back to Leili. I brought a complete 5000w enduro bike from them before mate brought the separate components. My bike is about 4 months old now and has run perfect - uses same components - either I'm lucky or my mate is unlucky. Go figure. Good luck.

Vicky at Leili will send me a new controller, i hope it will be a better one :)

I bought a complete bike too. Its pretty powerfull :), but i want it to last for more than 30 miles :)

I would like to add a potentiometer to do the offset on my throttle , would you know thet the resistance should be of the potentiometer ?Regards

Regards

Douglas

Douglas - we have since done a bit of testing and it turns that the 2nd controller is ok - its a hall sensor fault in the wheel. My mate has had a run of bad luck with these components - 1 tft display fried; 1 controller blew; and now it looks like 1 x 5000w wheel has hall sensor problems. The tft display and controller were replaced by the company after some back and forth. We have taken the wheel to a repairer to get fixed - not bothering with trying to go back to Leili. I brought a complete 5000w enduro bike from them before mate brought the separate components. My bike is about 4 months old now and has run perfect - uses same components - either I'm lucky or my mate is unlucky. Go figure. Good luck.
HI Aussie, i have so many problems with my kit & i've only ridden it 20 Km!! i would like to know what happened evcentually with your mate's bike DIY? did he give up on Leili's TFT & controller & bought a different controller? or did the replacement Leili sent work out eventually?

Assaad - its a sorry tale. He has been through 1 x 5000w rear wheel (lasted 1 day and has all the problems of a hall sensor failure), 2 controllers (one burnt out a couple of components inside), and 1 x TFT display that fried itself. We paid for the 5000w wheel, for 1 controller, and the original TFT display. We have had replacements sent out for another TFT display and 1 controller. He now has a 1500 w hub wheel - not from Leili - hooked up to their controller and TFT display and it works fine. The 5000we hub is gathering dust as the rep from Leili has gone very quiet. Having said all of this I have to say once again that my Leili enduro bike was bought as a complete kit and has performed excellently, and its done about 1400klms so far.

Assaad - its a sorry tale. He has been through 1 x 5000w rear wheel (lasted 1 day and has all the problems of a hall sensor failure), 2 controllers (one burnt out a couple of components inside), and 1 x TFT display that fried itself. We paid for the 5000w wheel, for 1 controller, and the original TFT display. We have had replacements sent out for another TFT display and 1 controller. He now has a 1500 w hub wheel - not from Leili - hooked up to their controller and TFT display and it works fine. The 5000we hub is gathering dust as the rep from Leili has gone very quiet. Having said all of this I have to say once again that my Leili enduro bike was bought as a complete kit and has performed excellently, and its done about 1400klms so far.
So, if i understand you correctly, you suspect the hub motor was the culprit? and the controller-TFT display worked great with a different less powerful one?

So, if i understand you correctly, you suspect the hub motor was the culprit? and the controller-TFT display worked great with a different less powerful one?
Yes that is correct - we put on a 1500w hub motor (a leftover from another Chinese company) on the bike and connected it up with the Leilie TFT display and used the Leilie controller that came with the 5000w kit. The bike runs great - we are just careful because we using a 72 volt battery and the hub motor gets very warm.

Yes that is correct - we put on a 1500w hub motor (a leftover from another Chinese company) on the bike and connected it up with the Leilie TFT display and used the Leilie controller that came with the 5000w kit. The bike runs great - we are just careful because we using a 72 volt battery and the hub motor gets very warm.
Sorry Aussiec6 to trouble you with my questions but I would like to know your input on the below

98150F31-EC09-4478-829F-76A8BFF5BA32.jpeg

Do you think we can do the same with the Leili tft display controller connector to run displayless?

The controller will not work without the Leili TFT display - if that is what you meant by your question.

Back