Lectric XP

I went with this bag... almost the same from Ail. But what I like about this one its a hard case. Haven't seen this on Amazon. Order about 2 weeks ago. Check-out the different models they have. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001020494621.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.66944c4dIEKDri

Nice, I do like the idea of a hardshell.

Oh! I feel like I should mention that the bag I got (and I think most bags of this design) isn't designed for a fat frame like the XP and you will need some extra velcro and/or to modify the back strap to get it to sit correctly. (the other two straps are sufficient length).

[/QUOTE]
Nice, I do like the idea of a hardshell.

Oh! I feel like I should mention that the bag I got (and I think most bags of this design) isn't designed for a fat frame like the XP and you will need some extra velcro and/or to modify the back strap to get it to sit correctly. (the other two straps are sufficient length).
The one bag that I do have like this came with long straps for a fat frame . If this one don’t have.... I can made it work. Looking at the picture, it has a long strap in the front. I might even try and stack this bag on top of my older bag.. which has the side pockets.Have to wait and see...What I like about this bag Also that it set on top of the frame, plus it has a shade that can block the sun and it’s a hard case... OKAY... I do see them on Amazon now...double the price. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089K96WX...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Last edited:
Nope, the bars won't fold down anymore because of how I have the cabling tied up. If I wanted to split the cabling in two it might be able to fold down again, but like you say I'm not sure it would work anyway with that style of bars. Not much of a concern for me personally (and it still folds from the center fine), YMMV.

My photo skillz (and my phone) suck, but I tried to get a better shot of the bars:

28P5lLt.jpg

4I9ODq4.jpg
Nice bag you have at the back. Is it from Lectric or Amazon or ???

Here are a few pics from my first ride....i love this bike! I rode 26 miles.

Attachments

• 20200703_071434.jpg
    20200703_071434.jpg
    682.7 KB · Views: 418
  • 20200703_071444.jpg
    20200703_071444.jpg
    735.2 KB · Views: 424
  • 20200703_071515.jpg
    20200703_071515.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 430
  • 20200703_080237.jpg
    20200703_080237.jpg
    561.4 KB · Views: 429
Anybody use a different headset that worked with a suspension fork other then the h185 neco? I've been looking for the h185 for a month now with no luck. :(

Anybody use a different headset that worked with a suspension fork other then the h185 neco? I've been looking for the h185 for a month now with no luck. :(

I'm installing this one now. Search ebay and aliexpress for threadless headset 44/50/44. I'll keep you posted.

She arrived! 2 weeks early! Thanks to everyone who backed out to order a step-thru! Upgraded to the coil fork, and then went back to rigid, for now. The new fork is about 4" taller than the stock one. Nothing wrong with that, if you're okay with the look, I am. I like the BMX look as opposed the MTB so I might stay with the rigid fork.

20200708_034422.jpg

20200708_034319.jpg

And here's the super easy and cheap work stand I used.

20200706_223337.jpg

Does that work stand allow for the rear of the bike to be elevated? It looks to me like there is too much much weight in the rear end to allow for that...so really that only works if all you are doing is working on the front end.

Has anyone ever ridden in the rain with their bike? Well, don't do it because Lectric won't fix it if it breaks! Especially if you tell them it got wet. Their warranty does not cover getting it wet at all. I learned the hard way after riding in the rain a couple of days ago. Bike died and the display went out and I smelled electrical smoke. I took the controller out tonight and found it's the source of the smoke smell. Katie at Lectric told me the bad news. I'm really surprised the bike isn't more water-resistant. I really figured you could ride this thing just like a normal bike. Expensive mistake and now I need a new controller. :(

Has anyone ever ridden in the rain with their bike? Well, don't do it because Lectric won't fix it if it breaks! Especially if you tell them it got wet. Their warranty does not cover getting it wet at all. I learned the hard way after riding in the rain a couple of days ago. Bike died and the display went out and I smelled electrical smoke. I took the controller out tonight and found it's the source of the smoke smell. Katie at Lectric told me the bad news. I'm really surprised the bike isn't more water-resistant. I really figured you could ride this thing just like a normal bike. Expensive mistake and now I need a new controller. :(
Do you mind me asking how much a new controller is from Lectric? Also, are you only having to change out the controller? no other damaged parts? Curious to know what needs to be waterproofed or looked after.

That sucks, can't imagine I'm going to be able to avoid the rain forever here in Oregon. I wonder if simply putting a sandwich baggy over the controller would be enough protection to get home in such a case.

That sucks, can't imagine I'm going to be able to avoid the rain forever here in Oregon. I wonder if simply putting a sandwich baggy over the controller would be enough protection to get home in such a case.

It would be easy to put a plastic bag over the display but the controller is in the frame. I suppose an electrical short in the display, or button assembly could have fried the controller, or water may have got to the controller itself.

Where is it located in the frame? Like, do you think keeping the rubber plug over the charging port is crucial? I wonder where the water is coming in from and if it could be sealed.

I also need to know what and how how to protect. Here in Toronto, I want to ride the bike during winter. It snows a lot and I would like to use the bike during winter. I had very good experience with Volt Mariner bike which worked great during severe snow storm.

Has anyone ever ridden in the rain with their bike? Well, don't do it because Lectric won't fix it if it breaks! Especially if you tell them it got wet. Their warranty does not cover getting it wet at all.

This is disappointing. Was your controller actually wet? A cheap replacement should be less than $50. Let us know what Lectric wants to charge you.

Where is it located in the frame? Like, do you think keeping the rubber plug over the charging port is crucial? I wonder where the water is coming in from and if it could be sealed.

When you fold your bike, the battery is on one side, the controller on the other. Some type of gasket in the hinge area would help.

One day I noticed after riding through a couple puddles an alarm fob I have attached to the key was wet, so something to protect water getting in that way would help too.

Back