Lectric XP

New review by Micah Toll on Electrek.co for the XP. As you might guess, pretty positive!

From the Electrek review... Lectric XP fat tire e-bike

As much fun as the original prototype was, the production version has proven to be even better. The bike has better fit and finish, improved packaging for safer shipping (no more dinged fender!), and the bike just looks nicer to boot! When it comes to the ride, the experience is hilariously fun. The fat tires roll over nearly anything, and the motor is powerful enough to climb hills or tear it up through grass and dirt. Basically, it’s an all-round e-bike that can handle everything from an urban commute to a day at the beach.

And with its current early Black Friday sale price of $879 (marked down from $1,099), this e-bike is a crazy good deal.

Lectric XP tech specs
  • Motor: 500 W (800 W peak) geared rear hub motor
  • Top speed: 45 km/h (28 mph) ships with user-unlockable 20 mph speed limit
  • Range: 45-80 km (25-50 mi) depending on pedal assist level (25 miles is better throttle-only estimate)
  • Battery: 48V 10.4 Ah (500 Wh) using LG cells
  • Charge time: 4-6 hours
  • Weight: 26.7 kg (59 lb)
  • Max load: 125 kg (275 lb)
  • Brakes: Tektro mechanical disc brakes
  • Extras: Large LCD display with speedometer, wattmeter, battery meter, PAS level indicator, odometer and tripmeter, front and rear LED lights, 5 pedal assist speed settings, half-twist throttle, removable and lockable battery, and rack/fenders included standard.

Last edited:
I put black tape over the 'Lectric" logo on the sides and the front forks. It just looks like a cool, black folding bike, no 'electric' questions, unless they see you riding, using throttle, without pedaling for an extended time.

I put black tape over the 'Lectric" logo on the sides and the front forks. It just looks like a cool, black folding bike, no 'electric' questions, unless they see you riding, using throttle, without pedaling for an extended time.
Can you post a photo please? I would love to see it.

1574387703233.png

Went to my local dollar store today (Dollarama) and found a very interesting little toy, a tracking device for my bike! I found that it is small enough to fit into the battery compartment so that it is locked into the bike. (it comes with 3M sticky tape) In the photo it shows some green masking tape that I used to temporarily try out this idea and there is also a keychain string that I will be removing. This would also fit into the headset or seatpost but is too large for the handlebars. Apparently you can connect as many of these to your phone as you need since each one will use a separate name.

Attachments

• trackr1.jpg
    trackr1.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 525
  • track2.jpg
    track2.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 546
Well I found out some other info on the Trakr and I'm glad I only paid $4 for it as it is not a GPS tracker and has a very short range for finding anything. It seems that it would only be good for finding your keys, phone, or remote in your house.

Well I found out some other info on the Trakr and I'm glad I only paid $4 for it as it is not a GPS tracker and has a very short range for finding anything. It seems that it would only be good for finding your keys, phone, or remote in your house.
I had started to say pretty much the same thing as a reply to you. But then figured you would figure this out on your own as I knew you would.0 I went through the same thing with the same POS about a year-and-a-half ago. It's tricky wording to make it seem like it's more than what it is...

The Tile Bluetooth Tracker is the only device I know of that might work for this application. By itself it's not a GPS tracker. Rather, it replies on the "Tile Tracker community" to help find a lost or stolen item, but it's really sort of a hit-or-miss system. You can read this review to get more information.

The Tile Bluetooth Tracker is the only device I know of that might work for this application. By itself it's not a GPS tracker. Rather, it replies on the "Tile Tracker community" to help find a lost or stolen item, but it's really sort of a hit-or-miss system. You can read this review to get more information.
The tile is really no better, they both use crowd sensing or community tracking and neither one works by itself for more than about 80' maximum. Both would still be helpful inside your house if you often have problems finding your keys or phone though.

Back