Lectric XP

Yes it helps a lot ..I mistakenly said 32 teeth initially, it's actually 34 teeth ...The more teeth on the freewheel =34 teeth= 1st gear is geared lower.Less teeth on the flywheel ie:11 teeth = geared taller =7th Gear.... Definitely better in 1st and 7th Gear consequently...contrary to the prior post above 34 teeth works fine with the original regular chain I'm not the first to do this either so it does work...
That's about the same on my unlocked bikes.. For every ten kilometers it says I go is really 12... I wouldn't bother bugging them about it.. it is what it is, motorcycles are not accurate either..
Hey Darceman, I ordered the 11-34T....Did you change out the front tooth crank also? Another thing I wanted your opinion on is the brakes...did you keep the stock ones? Your opinion on hydraulic “plug” ones that use existing cable and levers? Thank you.

Can you tell us which Battery to order or do I need to read thru 130 pages. Thanks
Upper right hand corner there is a search tab. Very easy to find the post you want to review. I see many have not learned there is a search tab and ask about looking back through a 130 pages. If every post was repeated we would be up to 260 pages. 😂

Hey Darceman, I ordered the 11-34T....Did you change out the front tooth crank also? Another thing I wanted your opinion on is the brakes...did you keep the stock ones? Your opinion on hydraulic “plug” ones that use existing cable and levers? Thank you.
Hi I left the front gear alone, as far as hydraulic brakes, now that my cable actuated disc brakes have settled in I think the stock brakes actually work pretty well and are fairly low maintenance. Im not sure if it's worth spending the money for the extra little bit of feel..

Hi I left the front gear alone, as far as hydraulic brakes, now that my cable actuated disc brakes have settled in I think the stock brakes actually work pretty well and are fairly low maintenance. Im not sure if it's worth spending the money for the extra little bit of feel..

I met a guy with a fat tire mountain bike that rides through the winter and he advises against hydraulic brakes in cold weather due to the effects of low temperatures and viscosity. The brake fluids can freeze, the seals can leak, and braking force can decreases. He said he'll trust good ole mechanical cables in the name of safety and security.

I'm sure all brakes need to remain as clean as possible and lubricated to operate to their best ability.

Last edited:
That will work. Don't forget the tool to remove and install it.

Thanks I already got the tool, this one:

US $1.20 34%OFF | New Bicycle Freewheel Cassette Lockring Remover Removal Repair Tool

I just wasn't sure about the gears because they use the word flywheel and freewheel interchangeably. And then there's cassettes too.

Thanks I already got the tool, this one:

US $1.20 34%OFF | New Bicycle Freewheel Cassette Lockring Remover Removal Repair Tool

I just wasn't sure about the gears because they use the word flywheel and freewheel interchangeably. And then there's cassettes too.
I ordered the 11x28 and Darceman install the 11x34 DNP freewheels. He said is works fine, I am waiting for mine, but many have installed same one.

Here is a good video for those who are looking for batteries. The Aliexpress batteries I've seen have only a 20 amp continuous rating regardless of the amp/hour rating (explained in the video). I went to check the label on my batteries but I can't read the ratings plate on account of padding that I had glued on to the battery but I think ours are also a 20 amp continuous rating.

Video on $799 BLACK FRIDAY and Cyber Monday price. Don't try the code early, it doesn't work. Can't buy the $600, 65 inch TV at Best Buy yet either. 😂
I think this is the second review I've seen lately that mentions a suspension seat post. Can anyone confirm that the XP is now shipping with a suspension seat post? Or are just reviewers getting them? I'll be getting a suspension seat post in the spring, but not the one on the XP site. Too expensive.

I think this is the second review I've seen lately that mentions a suspension seat post. Can anyone confirm that the XP is now shipping with a suspension seat post? Or are just reviewers getting them? I'll be getting a suspension seat post in the spring, but not the one on the XP site. Too expensive.
I think if they are now using suspension seat posts on the 2019 XP's we should also get a seat post for free since most of us just received bike. What are your thoughts? Maybe I am being petty...

I think if they are now using suspension seat posts on the 2019 XP's we should also get a seat post for free since most of us just received bike. What are your thoughts? Maybe I am being petty...
I haven't tried the XP seatpost but based on personal experience with what looked like the same seatpost I wouldn't want that pogo stick on my bike.

A post on Facebook bought one and said it was a joke. It's a $20. "pogo stick" quoting Darceman.

I was thinking of adding a booster battery that I can carry in the rack and just plug it in to the recharge port on the main battery.

I was thinking similar, but carrying the extra battery behind the seat downtube. There seems to be a space and mount point for that on the Lectric xp. A wiring connect can be a real issue.

It's a $20. seat post. I purchased my bike and got what I paid for. Do people go back to car dealers and ask for new "free" upgrades that are on the new models?
Issues of its price and quality aside, I'd still want to know if the XP is now shipping with a suspension seat post. Personally I would not expect Lectric to send me one for free, but I do know that sometimes stores will offer 30-day guarantees on price matching, so that if an item falls to a lower price within 30 days of your purchase (and you can prove it) they will refund the difference.

There has been some interest in piggybacking an extra battery using the charge hole for a connection. This will not work with our system as our charger is rated for 2 amps and the cord connection might be rated for 4 or 5 amps maximum. Our motor is pulling anywhere up to 20 amps which will burn out our connector, short out both batteries, and probably start a Lithium fire between your legs as you are riding the bike! You might have gotten the idea from EbikeSchool.com but here is a picture of the connector he would use as compared to ours. Lectric is fair in the pricing of their batteries and you can find other batteries on Aliexpress so unless you are trying to use an old battery that you have sitting around or building your own it is no cheaper to buy a different battery and try to cobble something together.

Attachments

• connector1.jpg
    connector1.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 369
  • connector2.jpg
    connector2.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 373
Back