Lectric XP

Yo Sonnyib. Please take the time to read through every single page of this 130 page thread and you will find your answer as well as many many other gems of information in here. This topic has been discussed on just about every single page ad nauseum. Go read.
The Search tab in the upper right corner will pull up all the posts with that subject. Get an adult beverage, there will be alot of reading. To shorten the evening of reading, your new controller is locked.

Last edited:
You sir, rock! Thank you so much for checking out your bike. I too, have ordered the same freewheel as you, and am looking forward to installing it, so when I take the rear cassette off I will then be able to tell if anything looks out of place there. Should be doing this this weekend.

In addition, I will check my front chainring for spacing and compare to yours (Looks like it's actually 1 7/16" instead of 1 7/8").

Lastly, my wife has a white XP coming in tomorrow, so I can check hers carefully as well to compare. I will find an answer soon!

- No response to my inquiry with Lectric on this issue thus far.
Could you provide a web link to the freewheel that you bought that was the same as what Bxg purchased? Thanks.

A word of warning. When you are doing 20+ mph, you should only be looking at the road ahead, not at your speedo or phone. Any bump in the road can send the bike sideways. I hit a buckle in the asphalt. I was at about 23mph. 30psi in the tires. The bike went sideways and I went over. Thankfully there was a 4 inch high bush along the roadway which cushioned me like a pillow. Just some scrapes and the bike only got a 2 inch war wound on the fork. I was lucky. Had I hit cement there would have been broken bones. From now on 20 psi in the tires. Around 15-20mph is fast enough. Don't learn this the hard way.
So glad you weren’t hurt!

That's too much, when you compare it to the Suntour which has two inches of travel. I love Lectric and the company but that's too much money... The Suntour is the best out there and it's less money. I have had a few different suspension seatposts. Suntour is vastly superior to all of them that are in this price range

I was disappointed when I saw the price especially with what else is out there.

Yo Sonnyib. Please take the time to read through every single page of this 130 page thread and you will find your answer as well as many many other gems of information in here. This topic has been discussed on just about every single page ad nauseum. Go read.
Every single page?

Yes it helps a lot ..I mistakenly said 32 teeth initially, it's actually 34 teeth ...The more teeth on the freewheel =34 teeth= 1st gear is geared lower.Less teeth on the flywheel ie:11 teeth = geared taller =7th Gear.... Definitely better in 1st and 7th Gear consequently...contrary to the prior post above 34 teeth works fine with the original regular chain I'm not the first to do this either so it does work...
Thanks...ordered the 11-34. Did you change out the front tooth crank also? Another thing I wanted your opinion on is the brakes...did you keep the stock ones? Your opinion on hydraulic “plug” ones that use existing cable and levers?

I when on a measured 4 mile route the other day. My trip odometer read 3.3 miles. I knew it was off but was somewhat surprised that it was that much off. So, for every 33 miles registered on the odometer you have actually traveled 40 miles. Sure wish I could adjust the settings for the odometer, but since it is my understanding that the control settings for this fix have been locked on my newer production XP, I guess I will just have to live with it.

I also have 2 XP's. I've had them for about a week now and have tried to change some of the mode settings. I had no problem changing Mode 08 from 32 to 45, but I tried to change Mode 06 from 20 to 22.4 (which is the actual wheel diameter) and the up nor down key on the controller pad will not change the setting. I have the same question, are some modes locked? I would like to be able to change this setting since my indicated speeds and odometer reading are about 20% lower than smartphones GPS bike app indicates.
The more recent shipped bikes have locked settings. The odometers from what I've read on here aren't that accurate even with the ability to adjust the wheel size. I'll save you some reading because I don't like to read and I'm sure other don't, and some may not have the time to read.

Can you tell us which Battery to order or do I need to read thru 130 pages. Thanks

The bike has a 10.4ah battery now. Higher Ah will give a longer run time.
I’m not endorsing this battery but am thinking seriously about one myself.
The cells are Korean/Japan, i.e.LG or Panasonic. The unknown is the BMS. For $300 I might roll the dice and try a 14Ah one. That would put my range closer to the advertised 50 miles.

The bike has a 10.4ah battery now. Higher Ah will give a longer run time.
I’m not endorsing this battery but am thinking seriously about one myself.
The cells are Korean/Japan, i.e.LG or Panasonic. The unknown is the BMS. For $300 I might roll the dice and try a 14Ah one. That would put my range closer to the advertised 50 miles.
Thanks a lot for the imformation ...I been looking to get a extra battery also....Has anyone brought a battery from someone outside of Lectric ?

I when on a measured 4 mile route the other day. My trip odometer read 3.3 miles. I knew it was off but was somewhat surprised that it was that much off. So, for every 33 miles registered on the odometer you have actually traveled 40 miles. Sure wish I could adjust the settings for the odometer, but since it is my understanding that the control settings for this fix have been locked on my newer production XP, I guess I will just have to live with it.
Call Lectric and see what they are doing on the new shipped bikes that the odometer is so far off and let us know.

Call Lectric and see what they are doing on the new shipped bikes that the odometer is so far off and let us know.
That's about the same on my unlocked bikes.. For every ten kilometers it says I go is really 12... I wouldn't bother bugging them about it.. it is what it is, motorcycles are not accurate either..

Back