Lectric XP

Use the bike, don't send emails to Lectric volunteering to void the warranty and enjoy it.
Don't send emails to get information? Looks like guessing is better. At least now we know what not to say when you have to make that call about not working motor.

Anybody here install the Tuffy flat tire protection strips in their tires? Got some new Kenda Kraze tires was wondering if I should install Tuffy strips in them.

My Kenda Kraze tires are arriving today, hoping to get a little more speed and a quieter ride, and maybe better protection. Supposed to get about 6 inches of snow today, so will be waiting for nicer weather for testing them out, and hopefully that dose not mean spring.
You’re gonna love them Old Biker, a tip when installing them is to spray some soapy water solution around tire and rim, fill it up half way with air then make sure they are positioned evenly on the rim before the final air fill.

Anybody here install the Tuffy flat tire protection strips in their tires? Got some new Kenda Kraze tires was wondering if I should install Tuffy strips in them.

I was thinking about them but I think some kind of tube sealant would be more than enough. Once you take off the factory CST tires and compare them to the Kenda Kraze you’ll see how much thicker and heavy duty the Kendas are. The CST tires feel super thin and they remind me of the foldable road bike tires. I just installed the Kenda Kraze on my black XP last night as well.

So? The XP is supposed to handle the snow decently! Guinea Pig it! Man I cannot believe Chicago already has snow, WTF.

I need to get some better riding gear then I'll give it a shot. The snow finally stopped for today! It was mostly soft and slushy but it's still pretty cold 30*.

Don't send emails to get information? Looks like guessing is better. At least now we know what not to say when you have to make that call about not working motor.
I can read a warranty. I don't need permission to know I am not to exceed 330 pounds. Admit to an alteration that can exceed warranty weight rating, why?

Does anyone bring a spare battery? If so, how do you carry it with you? Looking for a solution to safely bring a spare battery with me.

Does anyone bring a spare battery? If so, how do you carry it with you? Looking for a solution to safely bring a spare battery with me.
I bought the Rhinowalk 25L pannier(s) from Amazon and the battery fits fine in it. It is a very good quality waterproof bag that also comes in a 20L size but the battery is too tall for the smaller bag. There is lots of room in the 25L bag to put protection in for the battery.

Last edited:

I use them in all my bikes and haven't had a flat since. Not to say they're perfect but they definitely work for me. They're light weight and effective.

Mr. Tuffy sells a 4" fat tire version for 27" wheels. I just trimmed the length a bit. Not too short though... The ends should overlap in the tire.

While you have the tire off, check that the rim tape covers all the spoke ends. Mine didn't and that would have led to a flat at some point. I used some duck tape around the rim and that's worked fine.

I use them in all my bikes and haven't had a flat since. Not to say they're perfect but they definitely work for me. They're light weight and effective.

Mr. Tuffy sells a 4" fat tire version for 27" wheels. I just trimmed the length a bit. Not too short though... The ends should overlap in the tire.

While you have the tire off, check that the rim tape covers all the spoke ends. Mine didn't and that would have led to a flat at some point. I used some duck tape around the rim and that's worked fine.
I saw a YouTube video on flat repair and the guy used Gorilla Tape for a tire liner. I wonder how that would work? For a fact, it is heavier than the CST tire "anti puncture" layer.

Are the newest ones shipping with suspension seat posts?
So far there is noting on Lectric web site. Good chance this was a new promo bike sent for review. New bikes that arrived last week did not have the seat post. It looked to be as Daceman referrers to them as "Pogo Sticks" and not a quality upgrade, but a heck of a lot better than the broom stick seat post currently installed. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/328...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_7,searchweb201603_55

Only thing I have heard was verbal comments from Lectric posted on FB user group. Nothing by email yet or on their website.

where did you buy the tires?
I was thinking about them but I think some kind of tube sealant would be more than enough. Once you take off the factory CST tires and compare them to the Kenda Kraze you’ll see how much thicker and heavy duty the Kendas are. The CST tires feel super thin and they remind me of the foldable road bike tires. I just installed the Kenda Kraze on my black XP last night as well.

Check ebay for 20" x 4" tire, there are lots.
Not a bad selection, I was looking specifically for a good puncture resistant road tire, and after extensive research first on ebay, decided the Rad Kenda Kraze for the price was the all round best. But it really depends on what type of tire your looking for.

Not a bad selection, I was looking specifically for a good puncture resistant road tire, and after extensive research first on ebay, decided the Rad Kenda Kraze for the price was the all round best. But it really depends on what type of tire your looking for.
If anyone's interested in a slightly less wide tire, I would venture to guess that the Rad Runner tire would work on the XP. It's 20"x3.3" and designed to work with a 20x4 inner tube. It's a Kenda K-Rad with Kenda K-Shield puncture resistance. Since it's compatible with the Rad Mini/Stepthru, I figured it might work OK with the XP.

Back