Lectric XP

The reason I asked is one of the other members Kimbo his axle was in crooked
That is intersting.. I could not get my axle seated until the torque plates were in position. The last 1/8th of an inch was not easy. Maybe they left the plates not seated?

Just the brake or left side of bike axle was not seated all the way in the dropout, the axle was straight. No noise, vibration or rubbing on mine.

Okay so by now you should know that any manufacturer or OEM will never cover anything towards warranty besides how you received your product out of the box. Legally they will fight you tooth and nail to say NO that is not covered because YOU modified it. Basically most warranties are hot garbage and will get thrown out from any case because ANY alteration is deemed outside of the manufacturer's specifications . You went above and beyond what the bike came like out of that box including that little bell you installed! Yup.

Regardless that's not going to stop me from enjoying the product and doing what I want with it including modifying it and improving it how i see fit. I don't care about warranty as long as it boots up, starts up, fires up, and revs up out of the box. My experience with tinkering with electronics and mechanical devices has shown me this from time to time. I fully understand the legalities that the manufacturer wants nothing to do with that sort of "alterations" of their product besides earning those ever so slim margins. And I fully UNDERSTAND why! Therefore I basically voided my warranty when I installed my headlight or changed out my seat :cool:. C'mon let's be real here. Warranties are basically meaningless. Go ahead and get your attorneys and sue them til the cows come home, it's a waste of time period! Just enjoy these cheap Chinese bikes and call it a day. 🤷‍♂️ If it arrived damaged out of the box that's the only time they'll be forced to step in. Otherwise forget about it man! Your're NOT going to win because YOU modified it and that's the end of the story.

Anyways don't forget to lubricate all metal to metal contact points. This will ensure your investment will last longer!

If you want it done right, ya gotta do it yourself!

PS - I used to work at a couple automotive dealerships where they sold extended warranties. Guess what? The majority of those extended warranties didn't cover jack! They're just a financial tactic and a selling point. And, on the off chance that they did cover a mechanical or electronic failure it either got turned down because of some ridiculous complex requirement or it required the customer to cough up some dough out of his pocket after the fact! Talk about a rip, nickel and dime-ing you! I'm just saying, I'm not trying to fear-monger ya'll, were all free to do what we want.

Last edited:
Totally agree with warranties and the use of the product the way you like it. Lectric customer service has been GREAT. But at anytime that company could be sold where the new owners will not want to cover bikes sold by the previous owners. Like you said, it's an $899. throw away. Use it, enjoy it, replace lower end items. When that becomes to expensive, replace the bike. It cost that much for a set of tires for my truck. Those have to be replaced every 3 years. I tow it behind a motor home and that is just the cost of taking it with you. BTW items to make the truck towable are not covered under warranty either and we are talking a lot more than $899. 😊
Use the bike, don't send emails to Lectric volunteering to void the warranty and enjoy it.

Exactly, just do your research and practice a little common sense when it comes to these things. Machines wear out over time (even prematurely) and that's just normal. Today I woke up to snow outside! No more fun rides 😭

According to the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act changing for like stock items will not void a warranty. However altering something that could easily change the weight load capacity causing damage and admitting it up front could be a problem if the motor burnt out while under warranty. By the warranty act, changing a seat or hand grips, etc will not voild a warranty. They are also normal wear items as could a gear set if sand ruined it.
Good info. Thanks!

Exactly, just do your research and practice a little common sense when it comes to these things. Machines wear out over time (even prematurely) and that's just normal. Today I woke up to snow outside! No more fun rides 😭
Agree, if nothing else we all learned something, got to meet some great people who have been so helpful here on this site with fixes and accessories, and you can't deny these bikes have been a real blast. Yeah, 6 inches here yesterday, with more on the way tomorrow 😭.

Okay so by now you should know that any manufacturer or OEM will never cover anything towards warranty besides how you received your product out of the box. Legally they will fight you tooth and nail to say NO that is not covered because YOU modified it. Basically most warranties are hot garbage and will get thrown out from any case because ANY alteration is deemed outside of the manufacturer's specifications . You went above and beyond what the bike came like out of that box including that little bell you installed! Yup.

Regardless that's not going to stop me from enjoying the product and doing what I want with it including modifying it and improving it how i see fit. I don't care about warranty as long as it boots up, starts up, fires up, and revs up out of the box. My experience with tinkering with electronics and mechanical devices has shown me this from time to time. I fully understand the legalities that the manufacturer wants nothing to do with that sort of "alterations" of their product besides earning those ever so slim margins. And I fully UNDERSTAND why! Therefore I basically voided my warranty when I installed my headlight or changed out my seat :cool:. C'mon let's be real here. Warranties are basically meaningless. Go ahead and get your attorneys and sue them til the cows come home, it's a waste of time period! Just enjoy these cheap Chinese bikes and call it a day. 🤷‍♂️ If it arrived damaged out of the box that's the only time they'll be forced to step in. Otherwise forget about it man! Your're NOT going to win because YOU modified it and that's the end of the story.

Anyways don't forget to lubricate all metal to metal contact points. This will ensure your investment will last longer!

View attachment 40791

View attachment 40792

View attachment 40793

If you want it done right, ya gotta do it yourself!

PS - I used to work at a couple automotive dealerships where they sold extended warranties. Guess what? The majority of those extended warranties didn't cover jack! They're just a financial tactic and a selling point. And, on the off chance that they did cover a mechanical or electronic failure it either got turned down because of some ridiculous complex requirement or it required the customer to cough up some dough out of his pocket after the fact! Talk about a rip, nickel and dime-ing you! I'm just saying, I'm not trying to fear-monger ya'll, were all free to do what we want.
I have to disagree...Your warranty is not voided because you changed something. Your warranty would be voided if they can prove the modification caused whatever the problem is. The same for cars. For example I am in the auto industry and just cause you put different rims on the car or put a wing on the back or even run a tuner that doesn't void the warranty. The manufacturer or seller has to prove that caused whatever problem your having. Just like they cant void the warranty because you put in your favorite brand of oil or do the oil changes yourself or use XXX brand oil filter...Warranties are there to protect the customer not the seller. Now if you have a company that is unscrupulous and have deeper pockets than you, that might make things a little bit different.

So? The XP is supposed to handle the snow decently! Guinea Pig it! Man I cannot believe Chicago already has snow, WTF.

So I put a 11 to 32 tooth freewheel on last night. I was kinda concerned that it was going to be a difficult job with all the comments on how tight it was to get the wheel back on. It was no issue at all literately gave a bit of a pry and it dropped in to place. The gearing is way better with a granny low gear and better top gear. Not set up perfect yet but getting there lol ;)

So I put a 11 to 32 tooth freewheel on last night. I was kinda concerned that it was going to be a difficult job with all the comments on how tight it was to get the wheel back on. It was no issue at all literately gave a bit of a pry and it dropped in to place. The gearing is way better with a granny low gear and better top gear. Not set up perfect yet but getting there lol ;)

Awesome! Mine just came in today as well. I likely will install it after work and then give it a spin if the rain holds off. The frame is aluminum which should give a bit, I am not concerned about removing the rear wheel, and I'm curious to see if everything appears to be installed correctly, or if my new rear cassette will fix the cross-chaining issue I have had since I got the bike.

Awesome! Mine just came in today as well. I likely will install it after work and then give it a spin if the rain holds off. The frame is aluminum which should give a bit, I am not concerned about removing the rear wheel, and I'm curious to see if everything appears to be installed correctly, or if my new rear cassette will fix the cross-chaining issue I have had since I got the bike.
Let us know. I am going to order the new freewheel tonight.

New freewheel on, and the whole process of removal and install probably took me about 30 minutes front to back, I attempted to install wheel with the bike upright and trying to hold it with one hand while the other finagles the wheel in place. That was a joke. I ended up putting some blocks down for the handlebar ends so the display would not be damaged and turned it upside down. Still took me awhile to get it in there properly, this is not an easy task since the axle is shaved on both sides and not perfectly cylindrical, goes into the rear dropout one particular way and the tabbed washers go in there one particular way and if that's not all lined up, you will struggle. Almost 60 degrees outside and I was dripping sweat when done, HA! I detest humidity and my body is very sensitive to it, so I think today's humidity just generated excess sweat.

Now I need to re-index the shifter as it's not shifting properly. Watched the Park Tool video for the 100000th time and every single time, there are just so many combos of adjustments my brain hurts! I finally wrote it down step by step so I did not have to go forward and backward on my iphone to get through the adjustment.

But now it's raining out and I may not even get to it tonight :(

I did test drive in 7th gear and it is definitely noticeable and I feel like I can get more speed out of this bike now.

I take it you got the freewheel from AliExspress, could you tell me which one you got?

New freewheel on, and the whole process of removal and install probably took me about 30 minutes front to back, I attempted to install wheel with the bike upright and trying to hold it with one hand while the other finagles the wheel in place. That was a joke. I ended up putting some blocks down for the handlebar ends so the display would not be damaged and turned it upside down. Still took me awhile to get it in there properly, this is not an easy task since the axle is shaved on both sides and not perfectly cylindrical, goes into the rear dropout one particular way and the tabbed washers go in there one particular way and if that's not all lined up, you will struggle. Almost 60 degrees outside and I was dripping sweat when done, HA! I detest humidity and my body is very sensitive to it, so I think today's humidity just generated excess sweat.

Now I need to re-index the shifter as it's not shifting properly. Watched the Park Tool video for the 100000th time and every single time, there are just so many combos of adjustments my brain hurts! I finally wrote it down step by step so I did not have to go forward and backward on my iphone to get through the adjustment.

But now it's raining out and I may not even get to it tonight :(

I did test drive in 7th gear and it is definitely noticeable and I feel like I can get more speed out of this bike now.
Is your chain rubbing problem any better?

Back