Lectric XP

just got new black model. All is great, however the battery is incredibly hard to remove and replace. Anyone else find this?

Bike Trails:
Looking for bike trails in my area all I was finding were state and county parks, I went on my city's website and found bike trails ALL over the city. I road 8 miles of them yesterday and they are everywhere, some I didn't know even existed and I have been here 30 years. Worth checking your local City to see what they have. The majority of the connecting paths and trails I can access 3 block from my house. Nice printable map too. Many of the paths were new in 2019. Example attached.

www.capecoral.net
Check out some of the phone apps as well.. Tons of info.

Last edited:
Check out some of the phone apps as well.. Tons off info.
I have checked out most of the phone apps and that's what got me to check the City's website. None of the apps showed the 30 mile trail that goes to the Gulf of Mexico that I knew was there. Checked the City's site, not only found the map, but 66 miles of trails without having to load my bike in the truck, they are all accessable from my house. The apps are great, but the city website really shocked me.

just got new black model. All is great, however the battery is incredibly hard to remove and replace. Anyone else find this?
Have the battery unlocked, push the key in to remove it. The key has to be out to remove the battery Once you have the battery out, check the phillips screws in front on the side. Some have been reported loose causing binding. Check for any other obstructions.

I did my first test run for my commute to work and back. It’s 9.3 miles round trip. On the way there 4.65 miles took 15 min. Mostly pas 5 and a little throttle. Ride back was pas 3 no throttle and took 17min.

I don’t understand the energy bar. On my last mile I only had 1 bar left but when I stopped it filled back up to half.

A little disappointed as 25 miles was considered the low end range.

Have the battery unlocked, push the key in to remove it. The key has to be out to remove the battery Once you have the battery out, check the phillips screws in front on the side. Some have been reported loose causing binding. Check for any other obstructions.
And make sure the charge hole plug is not inserted/

Mine was the same, I emailed lectric and they said the chargeing port rubber plug got pulled in when battery was installed. I used two putty knives to pry out battery a little bit until I could eventually work it out, and sure enough the rubber plug was inside. Now when installing battery I make sure rubber plug is not in chargeing port.

I have checked out most of the phone apps and that's what got me to check the City's website. None of the apps showed the 30 mile trail that goes to the Gulf of Mexico that I knew was there. Checked the City's site, not only found the map, but 66 miles of trails without having to load my bike in the truck, they are all accessable from my house. The apps are great, but the city website really shocked me.
Wow that's awesome. It's funny how a whole new world opens up with a different form of transportation. My girlfriend and I rode to an airport that we had never been to via trails on a dyke and had a fantastic lunch outside amongst the airplanes at a cafe that we had never been to before🌲 🌳🌲🌳🌳 🚴🌲🌲🌳🌲🌲🛩️🚁✈️ All within 15 kilometers of our house.

Hi... Good info and input! My mission so far was outfitting "Dennis" that's his name 😊.
The other even more importantly was getting rid of squeaks rattles clunks and bangs. One of the noises that drove me crazy was a cracking sound occasionally sounded like frame breaking, scary, OCD,hahaha. Anyway turned out when I tightenef everything I over tightened in my mind the rear fender. What I ended up doing was removing a couple of the fender screws. Boy really tough to do with the tire in the way, and putting in a couple of small nylon washers. Oh my God the cracking noise is gone! One pedal arm was a tiny bit loose and created that click noise. I completely removed it cleaned it up and put it back on, that noise is gone. The headset was loose so I disassembled it and regreased everthing then tightened it up appropriately. Another noise was when the handlebars were pushed down in their lowest position it created a clicking noise as well. After moveing it up any amount the noise goes away. Then of course the famous battery in frame clunk. I just used the plastic shim that was in the box protecting the bike to keep it snug. For some reason one of the pedals made a clicking sound as well when pedaling I added a little bit of oil to it and it went away. I now have a bike that makes absolutely no noise other than that wonderful sound of the tires which I truly love. I have 635 km on mine in a little over a month-and-a-half. That's the kilometres based on the inaccurate odometer which I'm not overly concerned about. Realistically it's probably more like about 750 km on it. Tire wear is zero so far. I've been riding trails and roads going out in the pitch-dark with super bright headlight on and the one on the bike that I have a 20 watt replacement for but am awaiting one of the electrical connectors so I'm not cutting any wires. That's enough for now. I will get to the settings at some point. The only thing I've changed is put it in kilometres per hour and changed it to class three.
Thanks for all your tips,updates, and support on this board. I am sure " Dennis " is a cool customer. My "Boris" is in my garage in Lake Havasu City and I am here in Kelowna until mid November. All the tips and advice from everyone will come in handy when I get down there. Cheets

And make sure the charge hole plug is not inserted/

Yes, to those of you having difficulty removing the battery, I have experienced this a few times because left the rubber protector plugged into the charge hole. When you try to remove the battery with this plugged in, the rubber just gets pulled in and then drags on the battery, and one too many of these incidents and that charge hole protector won't be usable anymore I bet. I've been lucky I haven't destroyed mine yet!

Back