Lectric XP

In my area ebikes are bringing a premium on Craigslist because of the wait time and people want to see what they are getting. Here is your chance to make a buck and be rid of the bike. A win-win.

Not many ebikes here on our craigslist. I'm not sure but I believe charlotte is the home for purist cyclists lol. You only see Lyra wearing folks riding road bikes around here. Besides, Like I have said numerous times, the bike itself is fine, The issue is the locking of the settings. Although for the right price, I could always be tempted to sell.

Yeah the free ones they sent out with the RV codes. But I did see a YouTube video where there was an old-timer RV guy that's living in a van and he has some ginormous panniers and it appeared he got them from lectric. He was putting gallon jugs in them. I don't know if the early orders got them bigger bags or not but the ones I got are smaller.
I saw that video too. I was hoping for the larger pannier bags.

Some ebike battery thoughts: After 14 miles, the battery has went down 1.5 in level. I have been riding in PAS 0/1/2. So, the battery seems very good.
I think the brakes are good. No squealing from my bike. The Zoom shock absorber post was installed as soon as I unwrapped the packaging, and I quite like it.
It's heavy. It's dead weight heavy. I use it to my advantage while riding on flat ground, putting it in PAS 0 to get the heart rate up. It's a beast. Solid as a rock. I have a friend who welds and he was very impressed with the welds.
Having a lot of fun riding the bike in the mornings, too hot otherwise here in Georgia. Hydrate!
While on a hill, forgetting to apply the brakes right away when stopping for a stop sign will grab your attention pretty quick. 55 pounds will roll backwards fast.

Last edited:
Not many ebikes here on our craigslist. I'm not sure but I believe charlotte is the home for purist cyclists lol. You only see Lyra wearing folks riding road bikes around here. Besides, Like I have said numerous times, the bike itself is fine, The issue is the locking of the settings. Although for the right price, I could always be tempted to sell.
Put an ad on Craigslist, it's free, nothing to loose. Maybe there is none on Craigslist in your area as they have all sold. :) In Ft Myers they are gone in a couple of days. I will say it again, be very thankful you did not order a 2016 Chevy Colorado, you would really be upset with the changes that were delivered.

Our camping trip last weekend. We had a blast on these bikes. Do need a softer seat and one of the suspension devices those here are using! We rode all day on 0/1 and still haven't hit a half a battery. The four inch tires are great for running over snakes. It was just a small garden snake, but still. :(

Attachments

• 20190928_164728.jpg
    20190928_164728.jpg
    621.4 KB · Views: 534
  • 20190928_151557.jpg
    20190928_151557.jpg
    467.8 KB · Views: 442
  • 20190928_131547.jpg
    20190928_131547.jpg
    643.8 KB · Views: 432
Got my two black XPs today, ordered June 30th #219x that was suppose to be a late August shipment. I imagine the black color caused more delay than others that already received later orders with higher order #s, or maybe I just did not send frequent enough delivery inquires. Shipped to Michigan and the Fedex status did not show any progress beyond CA, though I did enable tracking notices that texted me of actual delivery.

My bikes did have several scratches on frames and fenders. The fenders are steel and are a satin black. frame is gloss. The frame has the under crank support, which I thought was missing on the early models. The derailleur guards seem misaligned with little clearance, will try to adjust along with other components. Currently waiting for the battery to charge, before first ride.

Got my two black XPs today, ordered June 30th #219x that was suppose to be a late August shipment. I imagine the black color caused more delay than others that already received later orders with higher order #s, or maybe I just did not send frequent enough delivery inquires. Shipped to Michigan and the Fedex status did not show any progress beyond CA, though I did enable tracking notices that texted me of actual delivery.

My bikes did have several scratches on frames and fenders. The fenders are steel and are a satin black. frame is gloss. The frame has the under crank support, which I thought was missing on the early models. The derailleur guards seem misaligned with little clearance, will try to adjust along with other components. Currently waiting for the battery to charge, before first ride.
Bend the derailleur guard out about 1/2 an inch. It's against the derailleur to protect it in shipping.

Yesterday I had my first long ride on XP. 33 miles by GPS (27.5 miles by bike instrument) with about 700 ft elevation gain. It was about 70% PAS 3, 20% PAS2 and 10% PAS4.

It was a blast. I was cruising around 21mph avg for most part of the trip and passing every one behind me. Specially loved beating all those bikers with skinny road bikes and their skin tight outfits. Some of them even took up the challenge and tried to catch up with me. Thats when I hit PAS4 and they were down to dust. :p
I know its not fair to them but honestly it felt great. I was tired of hearing "On your left" by these bikers when they used to whiz past me all the time.

But all those high speed on a rather windy day took a toll on battery and it ran out of juice around 31 miles. I had to pedal on my own for last couple of miles. Which was ok as it was almost flat and I was comfortably able to ride at 8mph.

Some things I noticed when it ran out of power.
- The bike display screen never made obvious that it ran out of power
- The energy status on display always showed there is one bar left, but no pedal assistance was being provided.
- There was enough battery to turn the headlight on even if motor is not able to engage.
- If you change the PAS level, it will briefly display error 006 on screen and get back to normal.
- The voltage section showed the power was fluctuating between 40-41 V

I think the performance of battery will improve after few cycles of charging, but I dont think it will be close to 40 miles with my kind of riding. So I guess buying second battery was a good decision (awaiting its delivery though).

Overall a fun day and a great workout.

Love it, blowing off the spandex crowd, that would have made my day. After visiting a spandex crowd bike shop (they hate ebikes) and the treatment I received, I am waiting for that day that I get to do the same thing. 😊
On the battery cut off, setting P15, in an emergency, that could be lowered to 39v and get you home. It looks like your battery cutout might be set to 41v.
I have 3 charges on my battery, I ride about like what you did and it looks like my battery would also be discharged at 30 miles.

Last edited:
I do not dislike the bike at all. Only for what the company did to those of us who actually care about the settings without any warning. Even in its locked state, it will satisfy most people. I'm hoping that those of us who have been complaining loudly, that it will enact change at lectric and force them to be more forthcoming when it comes to the technical details of the bike and improve their customer relations and communication.
Doomsday, I posted a message on your profile. Please respond to it when you have time. Thanks for your help.

Does anyone remember where it was posted a few days ago that tells the results of the actual distance recorded for a trip on the XP display verses the actual measured distance for the XP's that have the settings that are locked? I remember reading it last week, but don't remember what page this post was located.

Yesterday I had my first long ride on XP. 33 miles by GPS (27.5 miles by bike instrument) with about 700 ft elevation gain. It was about 70% PAS 3, 20% PAS2 and 10% PAS4.

It was a blast. I was cruising around 21mph avg for most part of the trip and passing every one behind me. Specially loved beating all those bikers with skinny road bikes and their skin tight outfits. Some of them even took up the challenge and tried to catch up with me. Thats when I hit PAS4 and they were down to dust. :p
I know its not fair to them but honestly it felt great. I was tired of hearing "On your left" by these bikers when they used to whiz past me all the time.

But all those high speed on a rather windy day took a toll on battery and it ran out of juice around 31 miles. I had to pedal on my own for last couple of miles. Which was ok as it was almost flat and I was comfortably able to ride at 8mph.

Some things I noticed when it ran out of power.
- The bike display screen never made obvious that it ran out of power
- The energy status on display always showed there is one bar left, but no pedal assistance was being provided.
- There was enough battery to turn the headlight on even if motor is not able to engage.
- If you change the PAS level, it will briefly display error 006 on screen and get back to normal.
- The voltage section showed the power was fluctuating between 40-41 V

I think the performance of battery will improve after few cycles of charging, but I dont think it will be close to 40 miles with my kind of riding. So I guess buying second battery was a good decision (awaiting its delivery though).

Overall a fun day and a great workout.

If you watch the videos done by the small gentleman who has done updates at 60 miles and 120, he says that the battery is designed to cut out when it gets down to around 41Volts. So My method of determining battery life is to scroll into the voltage function with the mode button and see where it's at during a PAS mode. You can see the voltage fluctuate down when the power kicks in, so back off and coast a bit and see where it levels out, if it's well above 41, you're good, the closer it gets, then that is a sign to lower your PAS mode, or coast and pedal more before it decides to stop outputting power.

Not sure if it's good to adjust the low voltage cutout, I am sure Lectric put that in place to prevent long term damage to the batter from being run down too far?

Does anyone remember where it was posted a few days ago that tells the results of the actual distance recorded for a trip on the XP display verses the actual measured distance for the XP's that have the settings that are locked? I remember reading it last week, but don't remember what page this post was located.

My test using the 1/4 mile markings on a paved bike path showed the odometer was under reporting by 25%. I watched a video of a review of a white bike and he had a gps program that reported 23.8 miles while the bike's odometer reported only 18.9 miles. A difference of 26%.

Here is mine, the math is up to you. 😁 A 2.2 mile trip, checked with an app GPS and Truck GPS. Bike odometer read 1.9 miles I changed to wheel size to 22.2 and the odometer is right on but the speed is off 1.5 MPH at higher speed. Easy solution for me, left one bike on 20 inch tires and one on 22.2, now I have one of each reading correct. GPS on phone is always correct.

Not sure if it's good to adjust the low voltage cutout, I am sure Lectric put that in place to prevent long term damage to the batter from being run down too far?
I would do that only in an emergency to get home and put the charger on right way. A constant habit of draining the battery will kill it, but a one time setting, probably not.

Back