Lectric XP

Wow, it has to be a little on the chilly side up there in Vancouver, what are you using for cool weather gear? Transported my bike in the back of my Camry yesterday, was kind of a bitch at first, but after doing it a few times and taking out the battery and pulling the seat post it became easier with practice.
Good idea on removing the battery and seatpost.
Weather was fantastic yesterday I wore shorts and a t-shirt it's not snowing up here yet , haha contrary to popular belief its very mild here.. I wear shorts at least 10 months of the year

Attachments

• 20190928_120527.jpg
    20190928_120527.jpg
    573.5 KB · Views: 353
It's 31.8 to be exact..I emailed Lectric and they answered me back in half a day so I could get the suntour seat post. When Chevy changes a knob on there Silverado they don't send out an email announcing to the world a knob is different on the truck. You just get a new truck with a different knob. I bought a specialized mountain bike a few years ago and it didn't give me a dimension on the seat post and its on there website now but wasn't a couple years ago..either....Just saying. ..... And 31.6 works fine for the seatpost
I agree. Too many parts to list them all but they should put spec sheet for important ones like battery , motor or controller.
We know battery is LG but we don't know which LG cells were used.
We know nothing about motor and I would like to know what's the gear ratio or how much torque it has.

What happens if you put the top in first? Your roof slopes down to the back so it might be just enough to get it in. Also what happens if you fold the seats down and put both bikes in with one being flat and the other in at an angle partly on top of the other one?

I'll have to try that. I don't think the cargo area is deep enough without putting a seat down though.

Oh, I only have one bike. I was just hoping to keep the seat up so I can take my dogs and bike at the same time. Backup plan is to use my wife's Matrix. It should fit in there without an issue.

It's 31.8 to be exact..I emailed Lectric and they answered me back in half a day so I could get the suntour seat post. When Chevy changes a knob on there Silverado they don't send out an email announcing to the world a knob is different on the truck. You just get a new truck with a different knob. I bought a specialized mountain bike a few years ago and it didn't give me a dimension on the seat post and its on there website now but wasn't a couple years ago..either....Just saying. ..... And 31.6 works fine for the seatpost

Yeah, this isn't a knob they changed, they changed the fundamental programming of the electric bike. It's like buying a new computer and getting it home and find out instead of them putting windows 10 on it, they put dos 5.1 on it. Will it boot, sure, will it do practically anything you wanted it to do? Nope, not without having to completely load new software onto it. An electric bike is heavily dependent on software.

Growing pains? Yeah probably, But at least according to one other person, they are not being very customer focused by refusing to fix their controller. This is where I am afraid they need to be very careful. They piss off the wrong people and they could get a crap ton of bad press that could cost them big time in potential sales. Contrary to popular belief, any press is good press, isn't really true. I'm sure they will eventually find a balance, again just don't screw over the customers that helped your business thrive on takeoff.

Just saw posted on FB that order #4924 has been processed. With any luck the 5,000 will start next week if bikes are in.
I just got a shipping notice for my two bikes, order #4904, scheduled to arrive on 10-2! Very excited! It's been very helpful to read all the great posts from other contributors on this forum!

That said, does anyone have experience using a folding ramp, like a dog ramp, for loading their bike into an SUV or Truck? My friend bought an XP and is worried about being able to lift it into the back of her Honda CRV.

This I find interesting. I got a white bike as well, and was not aware of the physical differences between white model and black model. My experience with the white model was as indicated above.

IIRC, Lectric started selling the XP in June. It appears that they are "dialing in" their process, and those of us who are early adopters are feeling the effects of their process. Some things you can only learn by doing, and trying to get the XP to become the bike they want to ship out consistently unfortunately requires some trial and error. I sympathize completely with those who feel they are not getting what they paid for, and it does sort of suck to get a product you believe is inferior to what you thought you ordered. Right now it appears the white model is a slightly better product than the black model because it has these newer components, but nowhere are these differences listed or explained so as to provide a buyer the information needed to make an informed choice. It appears that, in the short run, buying an XP from Lectric will be a slightly moving target. What they are really failing at is communication, because as they make these changes there is no way for the consumer to know this is the case. They have to get better at communication and improve their web presence considerably IMHO. Many of the complaints can be alleviated with better communication. I mean, I can't even find out the seat post dimension on their website (31.6" ?).

I received a black model (Order 37XX) last week with those same changes. New latch for handlebar and body, sticky glue substance around the crank and pedal, rubber disc stuck to side of the battery to prevent rattles, and a rubber disc to prevent the handlebar latch from directly contacting the handlebar stem.

On the seatpost, I had read earlier that it's 31.6

Yeah, this isn't a knob they changed, they changed the fundamental programming of the electric bike. It's like buying a new computer and getting it home and find out instead of them putting windows 10 on it, they put dos 5.1 on it. Will it boot, sure, will it do practically anything you wanted it to do? Nope, not without having to completely load new software onto it. An electric bike is heavily dependent on software.

Growing pains? Yeah probably, But at least according to one other person, they are not being very customer focused by refusing to fix their controller. This is where I am afraid they need to be very careful. They piss off the wrong people and they could get a crap ton of bad press that could cost them big time in potential sales. Contrary to popular belief, any press is good press, isn't really true. I'm sure they will eventually find a balance, again just don't screw over the customers that helped your business thrive on takeoff.

A part of this discussion that I don't think people are paying any heed to is what happens down the road.

Oh the one hand, there's about to be an explosion in popularity with electric vehicles. Like they say, change happens slowly and then very fast. Communities will respond with laws regulating where ebikes can be used and how fast they can go etc. Picture a nice boardwalk where people on ebikes have been blasting past toddlers and oldsters at 28 mph. New law: 10mph. I'd like to have a speedo that's accurate, the rest of the programming I personally could care less about.

Oh the other hand, why care at all? The next version of the Lectric (probably coming out way sooner than you think), will have suspension forks (wild guess) and other must-haves including an accurate speedo and a 3 day wait for delivery. Who wants to buy my slightly used Lectric 1? :)

Last edited:
I can't find the post of the person who had a red tesla model 3 behind their Lectric XP. I wanted to know if they can fit it into the Trunk and or Inside of the back seat. Thanks

I received a black model (Order 37XX) last week with those same changes. New latch for handlebar and body, sticky glue substance around the crank and pedal, rubber disc stuck to side of the battery to prevent rattles, and a rubber disc to prevent the handlebar latch from directly contacting the handlebar stem.

Using Zoom 31.6 with no issues. 14m in.

A part of this discussion that I don't think people are paying any heed to is what happens down the road.

Oh the one hand, there's about to be an explosion in popularity with electric vehicles. Like they say, change happens slowly and then very fast. Communities will respond with laws regulating where ebikes can be used and how fast they can go etc. Picture a nice boardwalk where people on ebikes have been blasting past toddlers and oldsters at 28 mph. New law: 10mph. I'd like to have a speedo that's accurate, the rest of the programming I personally could care less about.

Oh the other hand, why care at all? The next version of the Lectric (probably coming out way sooner than you think), will have suspension forks and other must-haves including an accurate speedo and a 3 day wait for delivery. Who wants to buy my slightly used Lectric 1? :)
A lot of those older people on the boardwalk are on Ebikes. Like me.

Using a Zoom shock absorber post, 31.6. no issues. The bike is fantastic.

I believe their customer service has been second to none, and as far as I'm concerned, as far as the few people that it pisses off the majority aren't going to care.. this is a great bike for all ages I truly believe it's a select few in the next while that are only going to have an issue with it after that they will continue to sell lots of bikes .. to be honest I think this could be argued to death I resign. 🙂

Another city I will not be visiting. 😂 The lock worked, but not much it could do with thieves like that. Now the guy has his lock and a frame.
I think that was actually a joke if you look at the bike no one would have taken it apart that much.. Vancouver is a great city and has its shares of problems just like any city but what a wonderful place to ride a bicycle or e-Bike... And as noted earlier the weather can be phenomenal all year round for bike riding just not the days it rains LOL

I believe their customer service has been second to none, and as far as I'm concerned, as far as the few people that it pisses off the majority aren't going to care.. this is a great bike for all ages I truly believe it's a select few in the next while that are only going to have an issue with it after that they will continue to sell lots of bikes .. to be honest I think this could be argued to death I resign. 🙂
The bike is amazing. Period. I put black reflective tape on my bike. The pic is with lights off, and flash on. They work, and might save your life.

Attachments

• IMG_20190929_150046390.jpg
    IMG_20190929_150046390.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 397
I think that was actually a joke if you look at the bike no one would have taken it apart that much.. Vancouver is a great city and has its shares of problems just like any city but what a wonderful place to ride a bicycle or e-Bike... And as noted earlier the weather can be phenomenal all year round for bike riding just not the days it rains LOL
Vancouver is a beautiful city. I thought from that picture it had turned into another LA. I can say that, as that is where I am from. 😂 In LA it would have looked like that. Good advertising for the lock brand.

Back