Lectric XP

Hi. I want thank everyone for the great info in this thread and want to share some thoughts, tips and mods I have done to my EXP. First of all this bike is a great value and has exceeded my expectations! I'm 240lbs and have hit 28mph multiple times and not once thought I was out of control, the bike was going to break or the brakes would not stop me quick enough.

Anyone just getting their bike or still waiting needs to check all components to make sure they are tight and tuned. Any bike shop should be able to do this if you're not able. Most will give you a tune up price if you call. I've had to tighten the pedals, a few bolts and the rear spokes. (wheels with motors will always need spokes tightened at some point.) Put something under the rear rack to raise it while working on the bike upside down.

Mods! 1. I installed the handle bars from my Electra Townie which I hated on that bike but love them on the EXP. They sit higher, are a bit wider and are slightly swept back. 2. Added a DNP 11-28 tooth freewheel. Removing/reinstalling the rear wheel was not bad at all using a large flat head screwdriver. This freewheel allows me to switch gears again and ride at 25mph while using some of my own power. 3. SuntourSR seat post suspension. This makes the ride much better and the stock seat more comfortable. 4. Schwinn Stingray 20x4 1/4 cruiser tires. These tires are great for the street and are much quieter than the stock tires. The extra 1/4 inch was not a problem and I used the original tubes.

Thanks again, pics included!

View attachment 38273View attachment 38275View attachment 38276
That was an awesome report, especailly checking everything including the spokes, which I negleted when I had the rear wheel off. Thank you. Also nice to know 20 1/4 tire fit, that has been asked several time and you finally answered that question. Great report, thank you for sharing.

Picked up our bikes g from the states this morning. Well I must say we are extremely pleased with the quality of the bikes The paint and finish it's very good and they were well packed up. We have already done 7 miles of mostly hardpacked trails. My girlfriend hasn't ridden a bike for one year and she felt like superwoman on it. Definitely there is exercise but not painful. There were some minor issues with my bike, loose bolts, the guard for the derailer was hitting. The front headset was loose and rattled. I regreased the bearings and tightened it up. I tightened up one fender bolt that rattled. Overall everything else is fantastic. We couldn't be happier just minor glitches.Thank you Lectric
How much duty and taxes did you have to pay at the border, I also ordered mine to Ship Happens in Sumas so would like to know. Thank you

Hi. I want thank everyone for the great info in this thread and want to share some thoughts, tips and mods I have done to my EXP. First of all this bike is a great value and has exceeded my expectations! I'm 240lbs and have hit 28mph multiple times and not once thought I was out of control, the bike was going to break or the brakes would not stop me quick enough.

View attachment 38273View attachment 38275
whats that rectangle thing on the bottom of the square tube (under the LECTRIC logo)?

I just receive this email at 3:11 pm today
Early Sept Delivery Date

Shipping Update and Price Increase
Friends of Lectric eBikes,
Thank you for joining our community of riders! We appreciate you!

Great news! Last week we finished an extended process of sending one thousand bikes to many of our August customers. It was a significant achievement. - and we could not have accomplished it without you! Thank you!

We have several additional large shipments scheduled in the next couple of months. Our remaining August customers will have their bikes begin to ship August 27th. Those with a "early September" shipping will begin to have their bikes sent the second week of September and those with a "September shipping" can expect theirs to start shipping around the 4th week of September. All batches will take 7-10 days to have all of the bikes sent from the time we begin shipping. Please note that our expected shipping dates are subject to change. Such is the challenge associated with pre-orders. We know that can be frustrating for you - and we share many of those same frustrations. We are committed to shipping your bike to you as quickly as possible. To our Canadian customers, we are still seeking approval to export our bikes to you. We hope to have that resolved soon.

We have several areas of opportunity related to shipping and communication. We are committed to continuous improvement in ourselves - and our bikes - and we appreciate all who have provided valuable feedback! We also recognize we made some mistakes, and to those impacted, please accept our sincere apologies.

Prior to riding your bike, make sure you review the Lectric XP Owners Manual and review the First Ride video prepared by our Lectric Service Center! (It has come to our attention some customers have received an outdated manual, please use the most up to date version attached to this message) These tools will ensure a safe and enjoyable experience!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=xPFzqKtiUIo

XP Manual

We are pleased to announce the pre-order will continue in September! However, we will be increasing the price of our Lectric XP on September 1 to $999. I'm sure you will agree it remains an incredible value!
mail

I realize purchasing an electric bike is a significant investment. I also realize shipping dates for pre-order purchases are fluid. Thank you for your patience - and for placing your trust in us!

We look forward to riding with you!

View attachment 37269
Man I am so looking forward to getting my ride #5310.

I have gotten most of the kinks ironed out with the bike now except the battery rattles over sidewalk cracks...I'm trying to figure out some kind of spacer for the inside of the frame that shims the inside up to the same size as the battery opening...Doesn't need to be much, just enough to keep the battery from bouncing inside the frame...ANyone else notice this? Both mine and the girlfriends do this...I hate noise and other than that the bikes are silent now...Any ideas guys???
I saw a post that one guy used felt for this problem. You can get it at any dollar store.

I saw a post that one guy used felt for this problem. You can get it at any dollar store.
As mentioned before I used the black plastic protector that was in the box that is supposed to protect the bike in shipping. It works perfectly as a shim wedged between the battery and frame. No more rattles on either of our bikes. 350km and counting...

I did 5 miles down to the river and back today to test the Zoom seat post. Used PAS 3 mostly and 7th gear, averaged 18 mph on smooth roads. The Zoom was much better that the factory post and fine for neighborhood and short trail rides. I don't think a 30 mile endurance ride is what it is designed for. For many RV park and neighborhood type riders it might be just fine. I am going to try the Suntour and see if there is much difference. If not, I'll go to an upgraded seat next. In my opinion it is an improvement over the factory seat post, without a doubt.
Any aftermarket seats others are really pleased with?

Attachments

• 2019-09-12 10.17.20.jpg
    2019-09-12 10.17.20.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 388
Public Service Announcement: (If you haven't done so already)

MOST (if not all) bike accessories (suspension seatpost, lights, turn signals, rack bag, panniers, gloves, neck warmers, reflector tape, etc)
can be found on Aliexpress.

They list the literally SAME products on Amazon for way more money.
You can save nearly 50% on them by doing this. Just order while you wait for your bike and they should arrive similar time.

With the money you just saved, order an extra battery lol

I did 5 miles down to the river and back today to test the Zoom seat post. Used PAS 3 mostly and 7th gear, averaged 18 mph on smooth roads. The Zoom was much better that the factory post and fine for neighborhood and short trail rides. I don't think a 30 mile endurance ride is what it is designed for. For many RV park and neighborhood type riders it might be just fine. I am going to try the Suntour and see if there is much difference. If not, I'll go to an upgraded seat next. In my opinion it is an improvement over the factory seat post, without a doubt.
The Suntour has more than double the suspension travel of most brands...50mm=2 inches....Thus the better ride....But....you must adjust multiple times to get the perfect ride....I took an allen key with me and started at the stiffest setting on a really bumpy road and continued to loosen off till it felt like I was floating..

Public Service Announcement: (If you haven't done so already)

MOST (if not all) bike accessories (suspension seatpost, lights, turn signals, rack bag, panniers, gloves, neck warmers, reflector tape, etc)
can be found on Aliexpress.

They list the literally SAME products on Amazon for way more money.
You can save nearly 50% on them by doing this. Just order while you wait for your bike and they should arrive similar time.

With the money you just saved, order an extra battery lol
I have been saying this since the start of this forum...I have over 150 purchases from them...Warning though watch shipping charges on multiple orders...

The Suntour has more than double the suspension travel of most brands...50mm=2 inches....Thus the better ride....But....you must adjust multiple times to get the perfect ride....I took an allen key with me and started at the stiffest setting on a really bumpy road and continued to loosen off till it felt like I was floating..
Perfect, thank you.

I think you'll find a HUGE difference between the zoom seat post and the Suntour... perhaps making a new seat unnecessary. They really are night and day in how they work.

I think you'll find a HUGE difference between the zoom seat post and the Suntour... perhaps making a new seat unnecessary. They really are night and day in how they work.
After watching a few videos I have to totally agree. Wife just had back surgery last week and the Zoom won't even cut it for her. Ordering one now.

I see now that stock 52t chainring and 14-28t freewheel will have hard time to get to 28 mph .
This combination in bike calculator gives me:
22mph at 90 rpm ( cranks per min. )
14.7 mph at 60 rpm ( average cyclists cadence )
23.7 at 97 rpm ( KC max cadence )
To get to 28.1 mph you would have to crank at 115 rpm

KevCentral said in his review that after changing freewheel to 11t cog it got him to 27.9mph but that was his max.
I put 48t ( his chainring ) / 11t combo in calculator and it gives me:
27.9 mph at 97 rpm ( cranking like crazy )
25.9 mph at 90 rpm
23.9 mph at 83 rpm ( KC all day speed )
17.3 mph at 60 rpm

Upgrading just freewheel to 11-28t with 52t stock chainring in bike calculator looks like this:
18.7 mph at 60 rpm
28.1 mph at 90 rpm
30.3 mph at 97 rpm

I want to feel that I do some of the work all the way from 1 to 28 mph so I looked at different chainring on Amazon.
60t was the biggest I could find.
In calculator 60t chainring and 11t cog will get the bike to:
21.6 mph at 60 rpm
32.3 mph at 90 rpm
34.9 mph at 97 rpm

I know I will upgrade freewheel to 11-28t , I already ordered it but I have to wait for bike to known if I will upgrade chainring or not.

All measurements based on 22.2" wheel

Last edited:
Back