Lectric XP

Better buy the battery now, not sure how long before they start shipping out spare batteries, I know there is a few people including myself, that have bought spare batteries and have not had them shipped yet, I know there trying to get bikes to everyone that ordered, so I will be patient and give them a chance to catch up.

I took your advice and placed an order for spare battery. Order number just under 5500. I think it will be couple of months wait time.

I checked out that link and saw some of what looks like the same battery size and shape, but some higher amp-hour options: 11.6, 12.8 and 14. Checking deeper into the details, I did see three battery sizes by "type" - Type A measures of 370x96x40mm, and then two sizes for Type B: 410x103x43mm and 430x103x43. But I don't see anything that links each AH rating to a particular battery size type. And I am wondering what the stock, 10.4 AH battery size dimensions may be for the one that ships with the bike (my bike is still due to be delivered in a few days). I also wonder how the onboard electronics would handle any different AH rating, or not. My gut feeling is that the answer would be: Stick with the stock battery power capabilities, and just buy a second backup battery for to be able to ride a longer distance" But it still was interesting to see this particular LG battery size and shape does come in a variety of AH options. I have not seen it sold too many other places online.
I just included that link as a quick example, you have to select which battery of that type/size you want. In our case 48V 10a. They are available from several manufacturers and some say samsung, others say LG as the battery source. But they are in fact the same battery pack. As Im sure you are aware, our bikes and batteries are made in china... its not difficult to source the exact same parts. The point of my post is.... if Lectric cant supply extra batteries now or at some time in the future... they can be found elsewhere. They are available from several sellers.

Yes it is. With the stem off, you can look down the hole and see straight through to the fender screw. But it came that way because I've never been out in wet conditions. it looks worse in the picture for some reason. did you notice I covered the "LECTRIC" on the side with reflective tape?
No i didn't notice you covered it but i went back and looked. I like it. I want to cover some of that up too. A youtuber used a vinyl wrap on his. Matte black. I might try that but your way definitely looks easier.

You must have a different generation of XP since your headlight is so different. I just noticed that the white reflective tape I put on the side turns into quite the lightshow with a flash.
You got the old light. If i was you i would check to see if they gave you the upgraded 52 tooth crank. There was another guy about 15-20 pages ago got the old light and old 48 tooth crank

No i didn't notice you covered it but i went back and looked. I like it. I want to cover some of that up too. A youtuber used a vinyl wrap on his. Matte black. I might try that but your way definitely looks easier.
Here's a better view: 38265and with the flash: 38266

I know you can't fix stupid and I would enjoy posting, it's your own damn fault, instead of photo posts trying to help others out. As of now, there is no warning about the derailleur guards except social media and we all know very few read that until it's time to complain. I hate to be on the receiving end at Lectric, "my bike won't shift into high gear". That time could be used to fill orders. JMO.
So far, Lectric has not put out any notices of the new problem with installed derailleur guards, not even on their own web site.
We'll. Seems like we have it covered here.

This is not for Bro box but for those who are not certain of how to bend their derailleur guard. Grab your adjustable wrench or pliers, a shop cloth or piece of rubber, put your tool of choice on the guard and gently lift it towards you. There is no need to pry against the derailleur, it bends very easily and you don't have to bend it very far. I agree with Snow kid, the derailleur is cheap and if you do take the guard off and somehow the derailleur gets damaged you can still keep riding using only the throttle.
Nice. Thanks.

The tires are supposed to be anti puncture and have very thick inner tubes. Some people have aired them down to 10lbs. Kills the mileage a little as it's more resistance. I have three hundred kms on mine so far mostly hard pack trails and glass strewn road shoulders with 20 psi. To me it seems like the best compromise between mileage and ride.
Thanks for the info!

I think the price is great, but I’m going to miss out on the warmer weather for riding, I’m trying to be patient but on the other hand life is so very fast with same day delivery on anything you want form your couch, as your scrolling through all the things on sale, it’s kinda nice to have that feeling again, the Excitement instead of just ordering it, then receiving your purchase the next day. Just saying, maybe try to enjoy that old feeling we had back when.
Agreed

Hi. I want thank everyone for the great info in this thread and want to share some thoughts, tips and mods I have done to my EXP. First of all this bike is a great value and has exceeded my expectations! I'm 240lbs and have hit 28mph multiple times and not once thought I was out of control, the bike was going to break or the brakes would not stop me quick enough.

Anyone just getting their bike or still waiting needs to check all components to make sure they are tight and tuned. Any bike shop should be able to do this if you're not able. Most will give you a tune up price if you call. I've had to tighten the pedals, a few bolts and the rear spokes. (wheels with motors will always need spokes tightened at some point.) Put something under the rear rack to raise it while working on the bike upside down.

Mods! 1. I installed the handle bars from my Electra Townie which I hated on that bike but love them on the EXP. They sit higher, are a bit wider and are slightly swept back. 2. Added a DNP 11-28 tooth freewheel. Removing/reinstalling the rear wheel was not bad at all using a large flat head screwdriver. This freewheel allows me to switch gears again and ride at 25mph while using some of my own power. 3. SuntourSR seat post suspension. This makes the ride much better and the stock seat more comfortable. 4. Schwinn Stingray 20x4 1/4 cruiser tires. These tires are great for the street and are much quieter than the stock tires. The extra 1/4 inch was not a problem and I used the original tubes.

Thanks again, pics included!

Hi. I want thank everyone for the great info in this thread and want to share some thoughts, tips and mods I have done to my EXP. First of all this bike is a great value and has exceeded my expectations! I'm 240lbs and have hit 28mph multiple times and not once thought I was out of control, the bike was going to break or the brakes would not stop me quick enough.

Anyone just getting their bike or still waiting needs to check all components to make sure they are tight and tuned. Any bike shop should be able to do this if you're not able. Most will give you a tune up price if you call. I've had to tighten the pedals, a few bolts and the rear spokes. (wheels with motors will always need spokes tightened at some point.) Put something under the rear rack to raise it while working on the bike upside down.

Mods! 1. I installed the handle bars from my Electra Townie which I hated on that bike but love them on the EXP. They sit higher, are a bit wider and are slightly swept back. 2. Added a DNP 11-28 tooth freewheel. Removing/reinstalling the rear wheel was not bad at all using a large flat head screwdriver. This freewheel allows me to switch gears again and ride at 25mph while using some of my own power. 3. SuntourSR seat post suspension. This makes the ride much better and the stock seat more comfortable. 4. Schwinn Stingray 20x4 1/4 cruiser tires. These tires are great for the street and are much quieter than the stock tires. The extra 1/4 inch was not a problem and I used the original tubes.

View attachment 38273View attachment 38275View attachment 38276
Thanks for your post. Do you have a link for those bad ass street tires? How does the ride compare from the factory tires to the aftermarket tires?

I'm

The tires look nice! There's probably less resistance to go a bit faster lol 🚵

I just included that link as a quick example, you have to select which battery of that type/size you want. In our case 48V 10a. They are available from several manufacturers and some say samsung, others say LG as the battery source. But they are in fact the same battery pack. As Im sure you are aware, our bikes and batteries are made in china... its not difficult to source the exact same parts. The point of my post is.... if Lectric cant supply extra batteries now or at some time in the future... they can be found elsewhere. They are available from several sellers.
A

Am I missing something specs on the website say 10.4 amp

Can someone share the link for DNP 11-28 tooth freewheel please. Plus any other parts that needs to go with it?

Just wondering if any freewheel comes with lesser number of tooth than 11!!!

You got the old light. If i was you i would check to see if they gave you the upgraded 52 tooth crank. There was another guy about 15-20 pages ago got the old light and old 48 tooth crank
That would be me. But Robby replayed and said that they will ship the new crank ASAP. Still waiting.

Thanks for your post. Do you have a link for those bad ass street tires? How does the ride compare from the factory tires to the aftermarket tires?

The tires and new gearing make acceleration and maintaining speed much better. They ride great and are quiet. You can inflate them to 35psi, I installed them backwards in my rush to ride. Will provide links.

Tires

Freewheel

Last edited:
Back