Lectric XP

Further input on #2539 (white). I weigh 220lbs and it easily got to 20 mph on throttle only. Enclosing a pic of using sawhorses to flip the bike in case you need to adjust the derailleur or any other maintenance work requiring rotating the pedal. One important note! Be sure to tighten up the pedals. As I was working on adjusting the derailleur, one of the pedals came off in my hand. I had forgotten to check them. A very easy fix however. Heard a “clacking” sound after adjusting the derailleur and discovered there was a kink in the chain which was binding and not flexible. A simple screwdriver and pliers to widen the link worked and the whole system is now smooth as silk.
That bike sure does look nice in white with them black rims and tires just like my truck.

Whaaaaaa?!?! 🎉🎉🎉
Quite a few negative remarks about the tires. How much do really, really, really good puncture-resistant-to-the-max tires cost?
The style of the tire is like the type I got for my specialized brand mountain bike. They were actually expensive as heck and came in a small box folded multiple times. When I got them to install I thought the wouldn't last cause they were so flexible. I have had them for over five years of hard riding with nary a problem. Personally so far I'm really impressed with the tires on the XP. I'm running them at 20 pounds and they've survived my 205 pounds ofabuse so far without any problem. They seem to be holding air fine and work in sand, gravel, hardpack and pavement surprisingly well. For those that have tires that are holding air without any problems I would suggest trying them for a while before being too hasty and replacing them. It sounds to me that it's more of an innertube problem. You can't judge a tire by the softness of the carcass

The style of the tire is like the type I got for my specialized brand mountain bike. They were actually expensive as heck and came in a small box folded multiple times. When I got them to install I thought the wouldn't last cause they were so flexible. I have had them for over five years of hard riding with nary a problem. Personally so far I'm really impressed with the tires on the XP. I'm running them at 20 pounds and they've survived my 205 pounds ofabuse so far without any problem. They seem to be holding air fine and work in sand, gravel, hardpack and pavement surprisingly well. For those that have tires that are holding air without any problems I would suggest trying them for a while before being too hasty and replacing them. It sounds to me that it's more of an innertube problem. You can't judge a tire by the softness of the carcass
Ya I agree. I rode a lot today on all kinds of surfaces. (Including Illinois roads😳) Hit many "craters" ( not intentionally but goin too fast to see them in time-heh). The 20lb inflation level worked great! I really expected a blow out on one of the asphalt craters but the tires had no problems whatsoever. Did dirt trail riding....many jarring bumps, sticks, etc. and the XP sailed through it all. I have heard the prickly cactus stuff caused problems for some. Not sure if any tire is gonna prevent that.

So with all this discussion of the XP's low price point and shipping delays, I began to think to myself "what does the $500 difference between an XP and a Rad Mini/Stepthru buy you?" (XP now $999). So here are my thoughts about that:
  • Reliable shipping. I purchased my Rad Mini on 5/12/19. Left the facility 5/14. Arrived in WNY 5/20. Rad Power Bikes does not do pre-ordering. They do not take orders unless they have stock. You can only make an actual purchase when they have stock to ship, so you're never in doubt about the money you've put on your credit card. This is also true of accessories; if there is no stock, you can't buy. Rather than waiting for your shipment to arrive, you're waiting for stock to be replenished. And if you join their mailing list and ask to be informed when that is, they tell you a few days in advance. I had to wait for fenders and a rear rack, but when they were in stock, same deal - easy shipping. I should note that both Lectric and RadPower use Shopify to handle their ordering. With the XP, your bike comes off the ship, sent to the 3rd party handler, sent to FedEx, and then off to you. The XP guys probably never personally handle your bike at all, which makes the fact that these bikes seem to arrive in very decent shape all the more fascinating.
  • Customer service. Your $500 helps to pay the wages and benefits of their full service staff, as well as their investment in their new facility. I spent March-June in the Olympia area, so I had the opportunity to go up and see their new facility in Seattle's Ballard section. Very impressive. That's where I took my test ride. There were three people staffing the show floor, and at least another 5 that I saw back in what appeared to be the service section. And RadPower was clearly hiring more staff. Every time I sent an email for customer service, my issue was dealt with quite smoothly. I actually screwed up and ordered a set of Rad Rover fenders instead of Rad Mini fenders, and I tried to cancel my order within 30 minutes of placing it (which you can't do on line). One of the customer service supervisors noticed my email and my error, corrected it, and did not charge me a re-stocking fee or any other fee to cancel the order. They ate the return charges to have FedEx re-direct the package back to them. Lectric, as far as I know, has three employees, although someone did say they were hiring more. No employees and a small front office/storefront really cuts costs for them.
  • Slightly better components. A 750 watt motor, 48V 14ah battery, front suspension fork, Kenda puncture-proof tires specifically designed for the RadMini, 180mm Tektro mechanical disc brakes, brake light function on rear taillight. The XP's components are not far off, but you do get the fenders and rear rack included.
So, is all that combined worth the $500 difference to you? Naturally, that's your call. For me, given my very particular situation, it's worth the wait to get the XP because I feel it will still do what I need it to do, and I could not afford another $1500 plus accessories (rack, fenders). But for those wondering why Lectric can offer the XP for so much less, consider all the factors above, and it might not be so surprising as to how they do it. You may have saved $500/600 in cash money, but you may be paying in time lost and aggravation.
I think we all need to keep in mind that Rad is a 12yo Company. That's a incredible amount of experience right there vs Lectric 3yo Company.

I ordered this Shimano suspension seatpost 400 mm long from AliExpress just over a week ago I got it today I saved approximately $100 Canadian by buying it through them if you look at the different choices you will find one for a really good price on AliExpress.. There are cheaper ones out there as well but they are just springs. If you look at the way this one is designed it's not a pogo stick
How much?

It was suntour....I paid $76 Canadian with a cover included through alixpress..that's less than $50 us...took less than two weeks to get.
Can you share the link please? I've been a bit skeptical about AliExpress when it comes about critical mechanical parts. But since you purchased this I'm willing to tryout.

I've made well over 150 purchases from them.no real problems...
C$ 70.18 33%OFF | SR Suntour NCX Bike Suspension Travel Seatpost 400mm * 27.2/28.6/30.0/30.1/30.4/30.8/31.6/33.9 Bicycle Seat Post w/ Case
Is your seat post 31.6mm as well?

Ordered on July 4th
Order # 233x
FedEx label created
No other movement. :-(
Your right there with everyone else. 9 weeks before receiving, without 2 holidays during the order and shipping time.. At least there is a bike that already has your name on it, it won't be long now.

Thanks for info Darceman. Thats crazy they fold the tire up like that. I bet that "non motorized" specialized cost more than this lectric huh. Those are great bikes.

Quite a few negative remarks about the tires. How much do really, really, really good puncture-resistant-to-the-max tires cost?
The question is if one can really been found? Watching Youtube videos on fixing bike flats, it seems every brand tire, some of the best, were featured having thorn repairs done. I was looking for a short cut to removing the rear wheel as it has been reported as "it don't fit".

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more and I am one that popped a tube 😂 The black bike has been preforming great, tires feel great and very stable. The only drawback to the tires are they are hard to get the bead to seat if you deflate to add Slime. A tube popping after being aired up is sure not the fault of the tire. I'll know more once I can compare the stock tube to a new Mongoose.

I hope Lectric makes it and this doesn't turn out to be a one trick pony. There is a lot of interests in e bikes at this price point, and not much choice other than the mish mash stuff on Amazon. If they can expand their support processes and staff, I think they could become a solid player, and good competition for Rad Power. For me, I'm going to purchase a couple of Rad bikes, but for all of you who purchased the XP, I am happy to share in your excitement and am pulling for the guys at Lectric to become a huge success.

I remember my first bike at Christmas at around 8 or 9, a brand new Schwinn ... it was one of the most exciting times of my life. Now I have 4 bikes and at 75, I the excitement has gone, especially on the hills, LOL. Now comes the E-bikes, and the excitement is back, big time. Thanks to Lectric, Rad, and the Chinese, and many others for putting the fun back in cycling for us old guys, the disabled and others who need a little assist. Life is good !!
I agree with what you are saying. I researched folding bikes for a month. I chose Lectric for a couple of reasons, even talked to them first. I was once a start up company, needless to say I was partial. I have not ridden a bike in 50 years and didn't know if I was going to like them. Price entered into it, if I decided they were not for me and going to be donated I was only out 1/2 as much for two bikes. A RadMini was my second choice had I not been willing to take a chance on the start up company and wanted them right away. One thing I was sure of, I was not going to purchase a bike that did not have USA support. Amazon is just a front for too many out of country sellers with rented warehouse in the USA. Lectric and Rad have live English speaking people that answer the phone, questions and service the customer.

Another update on my MIA bike(s). First I got an email from Brent giving me a new shipping number on the white bike and cancelling the original shipping number - report that one here yesterday morning. Then I received another email from Christian saying that a new shipping number had been created for the white bike, no number specified, but another apology for losing the first one. Then two emails from Lectric giving two additional shipping numbers, new one for the white, new one for the black. All emails were received yesterday, the last ones at 10 PM EDT. FedEx has no record of any of the three new shipping numbers or either of my old shipping numbers. I think I'm close to giving up. Maybe I'm not supposed to have an electric bike.

Back