Lectric XP

Any from the "late August" shipping group hearing from Lectric yet?
Several posts on the Facebook users group that labels with track numbers were printed but nothing reported being at FedEx yet. Early Aug orders took 6 days to get the orders to FedEx

7 miles on my bike so far.
First impressions:

1- First riders keep in mind that the pedal assist will kick in about 2sec after the pedaling. You need to be aware of your surroundings and your route/terrain because if you're maneuvering and the electric motor start, you probably will lose your balance. It has a lot of torque. For maneuvering/turning slowly I would suggest pedal assist 0.

1.2- You will need to be moving your level of pedal assist pretty often if you are not just cruising. Talking about city trails, Downtown exploring, any place with people and other bicycles/cars.

2- Included illumination with the bike is pretty weak. Get lights and reflective decals. I will show the ones I chose and why in the end.

3- The gifted panniers bags (KevCentral/Nomadic Fanatic code) are not the same that you see on the Lectric website. Don't know if the ones that you paid for are like the one I got, if that the case definitely the $49 is overpriced and I suggest you to buy that accessory someplace else. The quality is really low.

4- The bike frame feels really strong and well built. When the bike is folded and you are planning to roll the bike, keep an eye on the pedals and the cables under the frame and the front fender support bracket, because it'll get caught and that might damage the cables/fender if you force it.

4.2- The frame lash and handlebar lash will get caught sometimes. Specially the frame lash when you're trying to unfold the bike and it gets pretty close to the battery contact. You don't want to bend any of those contacts.

4.3- Keep an eye on the computer screen when the handlebar is folded because depending of the position it will be fairly exposed. Tilt it before the storage process.

5- The seat it's not very comfortable but that depends of you and your liking. I'm a heavy person 250lbs. I'm going to change the seat. Any suggestions?

6- You are going to love those fat tires. You can cruise between pavement/grass/dirt/gravel and you will feel secure. Stability comes with the fat tires and also some level of suspension. Lectric suggest 30psi for the tires. For my weight/taste I found 28psi comfortable.

7- Today on a medium hill my battery level went down 50% on pedal assist level 2 and up to 5, then came back to full (remember 250lbs). No throttle. Probably on a high hill I'll be stepping down the XP and using the walking assist which I think is super convenient. Have you ever tried to push a JUMP bike on a hill with no assist? I did. Not fun.

8- My pedaling was not good when I reached 17-18mph. Don't know how I can go up to 28mph with pedal assist if my pedaling is not going to help. My bike was assembled with the 48 tooth crank instead of the 52 tooth crank planned for the production bike. I already contacted Lectric and waiting for their response. Still was really fun.

Accessories that I kept:

1* Helmet: Can't be a bad one or used. The XP can go pretty fast (hopefully 28mph) but at least it'll go up to 20mph. That's fast and you need to protect your brain.

I bought it for $35 and now is $19.99.

Triple Eight Dual Certified Bike and Skateboard Helmet, Gun Matte, Large / X-Large https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0091PBLSK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_pe0zDb943MPQV

2* Lighting is crucial. Even though you are not planning on night driving I would have my lighting always on me/bike. Reviews are usually fake (if you filter the reviews to "Newest first" and you see a bunch of reviews posted on a same date, almost 100% sure that those reviews are fake.) Besides that you will see X amount of the same product with different branding and prices. All the same.
That's why I decided to go cheap $12 a pair with rechargeable battery embedded for my rear light. This lights are easy to loose, the battery can die soon but if I get at least a good 6-12 months, I'm going to be happy. And I'll not be worry about that during my riding or about loosing my good aaa batteries.
Now priced $10.99 that is how Amazon makes some extra cash 🤣

Ascher USB Rechargeable LED Bike Tail Light 2 Pack, Bright Bicycle Rear Cycling Safety Flashlight, 330mah Lithium Battery, 4 Light Mode Options, Water Resistant IPX4(2 USB Cables Included) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FDVSVDX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Dn0zDb9PHMGPP

2.2* Front lighting I bought this one because is strong (300lumens), cheap, the branding is ok (assuming is original of course) and it have the strobe mode. Which is the one you need to use. When you have a fixed light it can be confused with house lighting on the landscape far away or any other type of night lighting. That's why emergency units have strobes. You drag the attention of the people around you. Made them aware of your presence. I'm looking a way to fix this light on my helmet more securely.

EverBrite Headlamp - 300 Lumens Headlight with Red/Green Light and Tail Light, 7 Lighting Modes, Perfect for Trail Running, Camping, Hiking and More, Adjustable Headband, 3 AAA Batteries Included https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L3LMJCM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ms0zDb9XNA3DA

2.3* Batteries. I have been using this Eneloop batteries for more than 15y with my Canon Flashes. And I still have some of the original ones. I've tried other brands and I come back to Eneloop (former Sanyo now Panasonic). Since I'm going to be riding with my wife I want both to have an extra set of 3 AAA batteries plus the ones in use.

Panasonic BK-4MCCA12FA eneloop AAA 2100 Cycle Ni-MH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries, (package includes 12AAA silver or 12AAA white) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JHKSMG8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_gz0zDbNWYC9Z4

3* Reflective decals. Same scenario. Many options and never sure if the brand is actually original or good. I went with this because of the form factor, ok pricing (was cheaper when I bought it) and I added some to my helmet and some for the frame. Little dots here and there. Nothing too crazy. I will have a cheap reflective vest on my bike just in case. Home Depot/Lowe's are the place for a simple cheap vest. Usually under $10.

ReflecToes Reflective Stickers - Bike Sticker - Bicycle Frame, Helmet, Stroller, Scooter, Pedals - 5 Pack - 3.5 x 5.5 inches Per Sheet - 235 Bright Retro Reflective Stickers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DH4GGNV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ZF0zDb4JKW2K1

This information will not apply to everyone. Every case/needs are different.
That's all for now. I hope it helps. Have a great electric ride people!

UPDATE September 2nd.:

The helmet price is back to $35.

Last edited:
7 miles on my bike so far.
First impressions:

1- First riders keep in mind that the pedal assist will kick in about 2sec after the pedaling. You need to be aware of your surroundings and your route/terrain because if you're maneuvering and the electric motor start, you probably will lose your balance. It has a lot of torque. For maneuvering/turning slowly I would suggest pedal assist 0.

1.2- You will need to be moving your level of pedal assist pretty often if you are not just cruising. Talking about city trails, Downtown exploring, any place with people and other bicycles/cars.

2- Included illumination with the bike is pretty weak. Get lights and reflective decals. I will show the ones I chose and why in the end.

3- The gifted panniers bags (KevCentral/Nomadic Fanatic code) are not the same that you see on the Lectric website. Don't know if the ones that you paid for are like the one I got, if that the case definitely the $49 is overpriced and I suggest you to buy that accessory someplace else. The quality is really low.

4- The bike frame feels really strong and well build. When the bike is folded and you are planning to roll the bike, keep an eye on the pedals and the cables under the frame and the front fender support bracket, because it'll get caught and that might damage the cables/fender if you force it.

4.2- The frame lash and handlebar lash will get caught sometimes. Specially the frame lash when you're trying to unfold the bike and it gets pretty close to the battery contact. You don't want to bend any of those contacts.

4.3- Keep an eye on the computer screen when the handlebar is folded because depending of the position it will be fairly exposed. Tilt it before the storage process.

5- The seat it's not very comfortable but that depends of you and your liking. I'm a heavy person 250lbs. I'm going to change the seat. Any suggestions?

6- You are going to love those fat tires. You can cruise between pavement/grass/dirt/gravel and you will feel secure. Stability comes with the fat tires and also some level of suspension. Lectric suggest 30psi for the tires. For my weight/taste I found 28psi comfortable.

7- Today on a medium hill my battery level went down 50% on pedal assist level 2 and up to 5, then came back to full (remember 250lbs). No throttle. Probably on a high hill I'll be stepping down the XP and using the walking assist which I think is super convenient. Have you ever tried to push a JUMP bike on a hill with no assist? I did. Not fun.

8- My pedaling was not good when I reached 17-18mph. Don't know how I can go up to 28mph with pedal assist if my pedaling is not going to help. My bike was assembled with the 48 tooth crank instead of the 52 tooth crank planned for the production bike. I already contacted Lectric and waiting for their response. Still was really fun.

Accessories that I kept:

1* Helmet: Can't be a bad one or used. The XP can go pretty fast (hopefully 28mph) but at least it'll go up to 20mph. That's fast and you need to protect your brain.

I bought it for $35 and now is $19.99.

Triple Eight Dual Certified Bike and Skateboard Helmet, Gun Matte, Large / X-Large https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0091PBLSK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_pe0zDb943MPQV

2* Lighting is crucial. Even though you are not planning on night driving I would have my lighting always on me/bike. Reviews are usually fake (if you filter the reviews to "Newest first" and you see a bunch of reviews posted on a same date, almost 100% sure that those reviews are fake.) Besides that you will see X amount of the same product with different branding and prices. All the same.
That's why I decided to go cheap $12 a pair with rechargeable battery embedded for my rear light. This lights are easy to loose, the battery can die soon but if I get at least a good 6-12 months, I'm going to be happy. And I'll not be worry about that during my riding or about loosing my good aaa batteries.
Now priced $10.99 that is how Amazon makes some extra cash 🤣

Ascher USB Rechargeable LED Bike Tail Light 2 Pack, Bright Bicycle Rear Cycling Safety Flashlight, 330mah Lithium Battery, 4 Light Mode Options, Water Resistant IPX4(2 USB Cables Included) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FDVSVDX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Dn0zDb9PHMGPP

2.2* Front lighting I bought this one because is strong (300lumens), cheap, the branding is ok (assuming is original of course) and it have the strobe mode. Which is the one you need to use. When you have a fix light it can be confused by house light on the landscape far away or any other type of night lighting. That's why emergency units have strobes. You drag the attention of the people around you. Made them aware of your presence. I'm looking a way to fix this light on my helmet more securely.

EverBrite Headlamp - 300 Lumens Headlight with Red/Green Light and Tail Light, 7 Lighting Modes, Perfect for Trail Running, Camping, Hiking and More, Adjustable Headband, 3 AAA Batteries Included https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L3LMJCM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ms0zDb9XNA3DA

2.3* Batteries. I have been using this Eneloop batteries for more than 15y with my Canon Flashes. And I still have some of the original ones. I've tried other brands and I come back to Eneloop (former Sanyo now Panasonic). Since I'm going to be riding with my wife I want both to have an extra set of 3 AAA batteries plus the ones in use.

Panasonic BK-4MCCA12FA eneloop AAA 2100 Cycle Ni-MH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries, (package includes 12AAA silver or 12AAA white) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JHKSMG8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_gz0zDbNWYC9Z4

3* Reflective decals. Same scenario. Many options and never sure if the brand is actually original or good. I went with this because of the form factor, ok pricing (was cheaper when I bought it) and I added some to my helmet and some for the frame. Little dots here and there. Nothing to crazy. I will have a cheap reflective vest on my bike just in case. Home Depot/Lowe's are the place for a simple cheap vest. Usually under $10.

ReflecToes Reflective Stickers - Bike Sticker - Bicycle Frame, Helmet, Stroller, Scooter, Pedals - 5 Pack - 3.5 x 5.5 inches Per Sheet - 235 Bright Retro Reflective Stickers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DH4GGNV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ZF0zDb4JKW2K1

This information will not apply to everyone. Every case/needs are different.
That's all for now. I hope it helps. Have a great electric ride people!
Great overview. Thanks Pretor!

anyone come up with a crate/basket type that can be attached securely to the back rack? Also plan on attaching a 2 wheel cart to haul feed/deer in and out of the woods 🤠

pretor
Outstanding report and referral links. Thanks you! Ordering the flashing lights today for sure. With the our FL drives that don't see well they are must riding anywhere in this state.

Last edited:
Howdy again, I'm the type of rider that wants to participate fully in the ride and, as I mentioned in a previous post and as pretor pointed out, there in no user participation above about 20mph without spinning like a madman (and I have the larger front chain ring). So I swapped out the freewheel from the standard 14-28 tooth to a DnP 11-28 tooth (like KevCentral did). MAN what a difference. Now in PAS1 I'm in 3rd gear at 10-12 mph, PAS2 in 4-5 gear at 15-16 mph, PAS3 in gear 6 at 20-22 mph, PAS4 in gear 7 at 24-26, and PAS5 in gear 7 (pedaling like a madman) at 28 mph and can feel the limiter kick in. all of this (exept PAS5) is with my normal cadence of about 1 pedal revolution per second.
Of course everyone's bike will go this fast, I didn't change the speed of each PAS mode, I just didn't want to run out of gears too early. This is a huge deal for me. now I can actively participate in my ride up to 24mph and I'm shifting gears again. this was more the experience I was after with an electric bike.
The gearing on the new freewheel is such that gears 1 and 2 are the same, but after that each gear is 1, 2, or 3 teeth lower (less teeth=higher gear). losing a tooth on the rear ring has way more effect than gaining a tooth on the front ring.
anyway, different people have different expectations for how they plan to use their bikes. this worked for me.
PS. for the techno geeks out there, the standard freewheel goes 14 16 18 20 22 24 28 tooth, the DnP goes 11 13 15 18 21 24 28 tooth. 28 tooth is gear 1, 11 is gear 7.

Last edited:
Howdy again, I'm the type of rider that wants to participate fully in the ride and, as I mentioned in a previous post and as pretor pointed out, there in no user participation above about 20mph without spinning like a madman (and I have the larger front chain ring). So I swapped out the freewheel from the standard 14-28 tooth to a DnP 11-28 tooth (like KevCentral did). MAN what a difference. Now in PAS1 I'm in 3rd gear at 10-12 mph, PAS2 in 4-5 gear at 15-16 mph, PAS3 in gear 6 at 20-22 mph, PAS4 in gear 7 at 24-26, and PAS5 in gear 7 (pedaling like a madman) at 28 mph and can feel the limiter kick in. all of this (exept PAS5) is with my normal cadence of about 1 pedal revolution per second.
Of course everyone's bike will go this fast, I didn't change the speed of each PAS mode, I just didn't want to run out of gears too early. This is a huge deal for me. now I can actively participate in my ride up to 24mph and I'm shifting gears again. this was more the experience I was after with an electric bike.
The gearing on the new freewheel is such that gears 1 and 2 are the same, but after that each gear is 1, 2, or 3 teeth lower (less teeth=higher gear). losing a tooth on the rear ring has way more effect than gaining a tooth on the front ring.
anyway, different people have different expectations for how they plan to use their bikes. this worked for me.
PS. for the techno geeks out there, the standard freewheel goes 14 16 18 20 22 24 28 tooth, the DnP goes 11 13 15 18 21 24 28 tooth. 28 tooth is gear 1, 11 is gear 7.
Interesting nobody seems to be able to get the bike over 20mph, when Kev Central and Nomatic Fanatic both got theirs over 20mph on prototypes without the code to make it go faster. Good to know about the Dnp 11-28 tooth, where did you get yours?

Interesting nobody seems to be able to get the bike over 20mph, when Kev Central and Nomatic Fanatic both got theirs over 20mph on prototypes without the code to make it go faster. Good to know about the Dnp 11-28 tooth, where did you get yours?
Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T8DS7Y7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
and you'll need this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001B6RGXG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I'm going to do a follow up on removing the rear tire, It's not pretty.

Can you change the speed of each PAS mode? My understanding each PAS mode just deliveres more voltage to the motor. I have not got my bike yet. Suspect mid September deliver. Yes, I am chomping at the bit waiting for my first e-bike. I'm tempted to disable PAS and just throttle when I need a boost. I'm not sure if this is possible, I think it might be. As I understand the way these things work, you pick your PAS level - it delivers power to motor when you even pedal a little bit. I think I should have bought a more expensive bike that senses how hard I'm pushing on the pedals. I'm guessing that using the throttle will let me pick my level of assistance. I have a lot to learn about these e-bike things. . .

FYI-for late August shipping people, I just received an email from Brent that white bikes are ready for shipping but there is a week or so delay in "some" of the black bikes. I'm disappointed that our black bike won't be sent at the same time as our white one, but I am also impressed to get such a quick and honest response from one of the company's founders. I really hope this company makes it through the phenomenon it created and becomes well established. So far they have an A+ rating from me for customer support.

FYI-for late August shipping people, I just received an email from Brent that white bikes are ready for shipping but there is a week or so delay in "some" of the black bikes. I'm disappointed that our black bike won't be sent at the same time as our white one, but I am also impressed to get such a quick and honest response from one of the company's founders. I really hope this company makes it through the phenomenon it created and becomes well established. So far they have an A+ rating from me for customer support.
That is fantastic they are communicating on this shipment batch. A lot less hard feeling that way. The first of Aug orders were at least able to explain to the second group how the shipping works. When we were waiting, after labels were created, we didn't have clue what was going on. With no communication, people were wondering if there were any bikes.

Back