Lectric XP spoke issue

Finny

Has anyone had issues with broken spokes on their Lextric XP? I had 5 spokes break last October all in the same area of the rear wheel. I replaced the spokes and trued up the wheel. Now I have 6 broken spokes in various positions on the rear wheel and the outer rim is out of round requiring replacement. Lectric has indicated that it would be best to replace the whole wheel but will not cover it under warranty and is offering a discounted replacement. I am wondering if the spoke design has a flaw and if anyone else is having this issue.

I've only had 1 spoke break in 3500 miles of riding the XP. How much do you weigh and what type of riding are you doing?

I haven't heard anything about it. I know you are supposed to check the spokes quite often though because of the torque on the back wheel.

Yep, I have the same issue. 5 broken spokes. I told Letric and they sent me new spokes but they were too short by about 6mm. I have less than 2K on the bike not sure exactly because the ODO resets ever once in a while. :(

Yep, I have the same issue. 5 broken spokes. I told Letric and they sent me new spokes but they were too short by about 6mm. I have less than 2K on the bike not sure exactly because the ODO resets ever once in a while. :(
When did you get your bike? I know this was a big issue with the early versions. Like the first generation reviewer samples and the first ones that shipped out.

If your having that many broken spokes the wheel needs a full rebuild it is pretty much toast. find a good shop that builds wheels. replacing the spokes wont fix it,

I had about 7 or 8 broken spokes on my Juiced.

I think broken spokes are common for hub drive.
I have two juiced bikes. A ripcurrent S. So far so good but I keep an eye on the tension. My hyperscrambler 2 has cast "mag" wheels and I read somewhere that was the reason for using them over spoked because of the torque issues.

How would you know if a local shop knows what they are doing?
that's a tough one but ask around. talk to the mechanics. I have been into bikes long enough to know who to go too. my first mid drive e bike had 3 broken spo=kes after 600 miles all the shops I talked too said the wheel needed rebuilt. it had the 10 gage spokes and that caused the problem. my local shop where I bought it would have replaced the spokes but when I talked to shops that build wheels they all said that the wheel need rebuilt and there bigger spokes make a weaker wheel.

I have 2 myself just changed rear tire @ 2400 miles closing in on warranty

Attachments

• IMG_20221030_171746283.jpg
    IMG_20221030_171746283.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_20221030_170914895.jpg
    IMG_20221030_170914895.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_20221030_170842179.jpg
    IMG_20221030_170842179.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 166
I had this issue on my 2020 Espin Sport... but once I ordered a new set of spokes (2.3mm/13gauge) and had the wheel rebuilt (about $100) haven't had one since.

They also threaded them differently per instructions from Espin ("the rear wheel is much more sturdy when all of the spoke heads are facing in. In other words, all of the spokes should be on the outside of the hub flange").

Not sure if that will help for the Lectric but it's been a year and not a ping.

Last edited:
Back