Each of the two bikes we purchased (one standard and one step thru) had one bent brake disc (one front and one rear). I could not get the rear one to not drag on the brakes no matter what I tried (adjusting cable, adjusting pad carrier and trying to straighten/bend rotor). I will look into the tool previously mentioned and may need to remove the disc entirely to straighten it accurately.

-Mike

Each of the two bikes we purchased (one standard and one step thru) had one bent brake disc (one front and one rear). I could not get the rear one to not drag on the brakes no matter what I tried (adjusting cable, adjusting pad carrier and trying to straighten/bend rotor). I will look into the tool previously mentioned and may need to remove the disc entirely to straighten it accurately.

-Mike
Mike,

I just received this Brake Rotor Multi Tool in the mail today, seems like a decent tool, the fit and finish is not perfect but good enough. The front rotor on mine is junk, after about 15 minutes spent it looks like it would take more time to straighten it then to replace it. Since I’m already a 6 pack of beer poorer I’m going to put a dial gauge on it to get a base line and tweak it, might as well put the shiny new tool to use.

I bought 2 of these bikes a year or so now.. Both have what you would call an issue.. Does it bother us? No. Cheap rim, Gub and tires.. Not a big deal to us for the price.. Like mentioned earlier.. Entry level bike.. Entry Level Price. I have seen these bikes sell for 7-900$ ...Cheaper than returning it. But I say just lower the pressure in the tires and go ride.. After you do am mile or so on the Road I think you will forget the issues.. Now on our bikes both had an issue with brakes and squeak and I replaced both the pads and rotors.. they work fine...

Did I get what I expected for the price of this bike? Yes Fully.. I added a suspension seat and some other things but for the total package on these I think you get what you pay for..

I have 2 lectric bikes, 1 Evelo Aries, 1 Giant and I still think for the money between the other brands I have I like my Lectric bikes.. I prefer it over the others.. Its simple and its size just fits me.. This was our doorway into electric bikes...

Now I have 2 more bikes coming... Frey CC for the wife and I ordered a Frey Beast for myself... ride trails or the street mostly but after using and falling in love with my lectric it allowed me to be more confident on a purchase of a superior bike.

Lectric is what motivated me to move up.. I have a Thule jogger cart connected the my bike I haul the grand baby in.. She loves it and it works great.. Its about the fun and the memories.. With a product that is not perfect but very useful..

After a year I feel I got my monies worth and then some.... Ride and let the wind wash the headache away...I am a little handicapped also so being able to get out and spend time outdoors means a lot to me an the wife.

Good luck

YEs I have a slight wobble... spokes are probably not trued and the fat tire is probably not perfect either.. Lower the pressure and ride it.. Once you have a few miles and everything settles then adjust the spokes and true the balance of the tire if needed..It doesnt bother me and like has been said... When you spend $10k I think I would have a comlaint or 2... I spent $800 so it was a throw away bike for me but it actually turned out to be a lot of fun. I have the original version and I have about 600 miles on it now..

YEs I have a slight wobble... spokes are probably not trued and the fat tire is probably not perfect either.. Lower the pressure and ride it.. Once you have a few miles and everything settles then adjust the spokes and true the balance of the tire if needed..It doesnt bother me and like has been said... When you spend $10k I think I would have a comlaint or 2... I spent $800 so it was a throw away bike for me but it actually turned out to be a lot of fun. I have the original version and I have about 600 miles on it now..

Good to know you made it 600 miles with a wobble. I paid 2200.00 two xp2.0's, I wish I could say I’m in the throw away income bracket for that amount but sadly that's not the case.
Your scenario seems to entail I will most likely get a couple of years out of these before they fail so that makes me feel a bit better.

Thanks

I bought 2 of them also.. in the pre order so I had to wait a while to get them... Not sure what income bracket is needed to be to be comfortable but my point was... I bought them knowing I wasnt getting a Giant or any other big name brand. I guess you can say you get what you pay for and when its cheap and Chinese well Quality and affordable do not go in the same sentence with those two involved.

The miles involved are mostly from out of town so that is them being loaded up and transferred to different locations when we travel.. They have held up great....

Plz dont take this wrong but these are not Mercedes quality but they are affordable and fun. I received a great product for what I paid... They are durable.. I have upgraded the battery on both to a 14ah so I can swap the battery and not wait for anything to charge.

Like I said ... Ride it and then try and true the spokes.. Thinking the tires are not perfect either. If you are able to have some fun on these...Lower the tire pressure a little .. You will probably forget all about it after you ride it on the rough road.

I'd like to see a couple of changes (or options) offered on these bikes that would improve the ride quality and reduce maintenance substantially...yet not cost any more. 1) Spoke-less MAG type wheels (see Jeremiah McIntosh'es latest fat tire eBike review). This would eliminate any possible wobble issue due to spokes, and also eliminate flat tires due to those metal spokes poking through the rim tape. 2) Offer tires that are not nobbies, but more of a hybrid like the RAD Power 4" KRAZE tires which fit the Lectric version 1 ebikes. The ride is much quieter, and yet have enough bite to go in the dirt or grass. These seem like little things but would make a huge difference.

I'd like to see a couple of changes (or options) offered on these bikes that would improve the ride quality and reduce maintenance substantially...yet not cost any more. 1) Spoke-less MAG type wheels (see Jeremiah McIntosh'es latest fat tire eBike review). This would eliminate any possible wobble issue due to spokes, and also eliminate flat tires due to those metal spokes poking through the rim tape. 2) Offer tires that are not nobbies, but more of a hybrid like the RAD Power 4" KRAZE tires which fit the Lectric version 1 ebikes. The ride is much quieter, and yet have enough bite to go in the dirt or grass. These seem like little things but would make a huge difference.
mag wheels are the lowest quality wheels and will never least and your stuck with the junk hub them come with. there is a reason you only see them on cheap bikes.

HI,
The power for my recently purchased lectric XP 2.0 has been failure, it happend when we reconnect frame after folding it for carry, follow all troubleshooting by customer service instructured, it still not turn on,
wonder if controller burn short ? or somewhere wire broken, there is no any falling down/impact for the bike during transportation on folded status.

Back