LaFree Ebike

Rox

Hello
I am purchasing a LaFree Ebike.
Wondering about using it on both dirt and paved roads... I hope to be able to do both and would appreciate feedback on this!
Thanks!!

Hello
I am purchasing a LaFree Ebike.
Wondering about using it on both dirt and paved roads... I hope to be able to do both and would appreciate feedback on this!
Thanks!!

I'm sure you'll be just fine with that bike on dirt and paved roads. The dirt is some kind of cycling path/trail or something more hard core?

Definitely not hardcore or off road! But I would like it to be able to handle a bit of a mountain road...

Congrats!
The LaFree is getting tons of wonderful reviews.
Many great miles to you.

You will have no problems riding on different types of trails. It handles well on rail trails. I would say I personally do not enjoy loose dirt or sand when riding with my Lafree E+2. However the wide tires help with loose dirt a great deal. Hope it helps. You will LOVE your new Ebike. Congrats!!!

My wife just got a LaFree E+2 today. I have a Specialized Como 2.0 so we now both have e_bikes. I am wondering if anyone can help me with a question. How do you set a LaFree E+2 for AUTO with the onboard RideControl ONE controller (no display). Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
My wife just got a LaFree +2 today. I have a Specialized Como 2.0 so we now both have e_bikes. I am wondering if anyone can help Me with a question. How do you set a La Free for AUTO with the onboard RideControl ONE controller (no display). Thanks in advance.
My Lafree E+2 does not have the auto option. Some of the Lafree E+2 do and some do not. I actually would not have known about that option but the manual mentions it and it also mentions some do not have it. If you don't have the six light indicator and only have five your Lafree does not have the option. I have no idea why some do and some don't. Hope you love your Lafree they are awesome bikes.

My wife just got a LaFree +2 today. I have a Specialized Como 2.0 so we now both have e_bikes. I am wondering if anyone can help Me with a question. How do you set a La Free for AUTO with the onboard RideControl ONE controller (no display). Thanks in advance.
I wonder if the option is in the RideControl app for your smartphone?

I have the LaFree +1.

The Auto Mode is Really Good ! Maybe even better then switching thru Assist levels Manually.

To engage it:

-Once powered up
-Press Down on the Lower Assist Level Button until you are at ZERO assist.
-Then, One more press brings on the Auto Mode.
-Signified by a Light in the Middle.

1565488363047.png

Let us know if that worked for you...................:cool:

Craig

I have the LaFree +1.

The Auto Mode is Really Good ! Maybe even better then switching thru Assist levels Manually.

To engage it:

-Once powered up

View attachment 36429

Craig
I'll try it.... Thanks. ?

I have the LaFree +1.

To engage it:

-Once powered up

View attachment 36429

Craig

THAT worked like a charm. It's 10pm here, so we won't ride it until tomorrow, but sure enough, that's how you get there.

THANK YOU!

It does seem like Giant keeps auto a secret. Once I figured it out for my wife’s bike it is the only way she rides it now!

Works like a charm and, yes, it's a great setting. Kinda like what I can dial in for my Specialized Como with Mission Control. Very cool...

Does anyone know if it’s only the LaFree that has the auto mode?

Any chance the 2019 Explore E+ 1 GTS has it also?

Yep.... It worked on mine too. Thanks for the tip. ?
Hey Tara,

How is the rear cluster/derailleur shifting on yours? The one we got is a little rough. I spent the afternoon trying to dial it in and have it pretty good. Just wondering how yours is.

Hey Tara,

How is the rear cluster/derailleur shifting on yours? The one we got is a little rough. I spent the afternoon trying to dial it in and have it pretty good. Just wondering how yours is.
Mine is great it shifts perfectly. I have had 2 tune ups since I bought it in June. It will slip into another gear if I pedal too hard and don't shift into a lower gear. That is really the only thing I have to watch for when I ride. I have an excellent LBS and they are fantastic as far bike assembly and making adjustments.

Mine is great it shifts perfectly. I have had 2 tune ups since I bought it in June. It will slip into another gear if I pedal too hard and don't shift into a lower gear. That is really the only thing I have to watch for when I ride. I have an excellent LBS and they are fantastic as far bike assembly and making adjustments.

Thanks. I think I have it dialed in. I’ve been working on bikes for a long time (50+ years) and this was tough, but I think I have it. We’d have to drive a ways to get it back to the dealer, who I specifically asked to please check and set up the shifting after the test ride. I think the torque on an electric bike means more frequent adjustments as it breaks in.

Back