How long do Giant batteries live?

My 2019 Road E has over 40,000 km (25000mi) ridden on the original battery. Yes, the battery drains more quickly than it used to and when it gets down to 20% battery capacity, it drains really rapidly. I have a test route I do to test the battery where I ride the whole loop at a certain power level and then track how much battery percentage is left at the end. This old battery used to be at 23% quite consistently years ago, now it completes the loop at 6% or sometimes completely drained before the end of the loop.

That battery has 86% health and 380 charge cycles in Ridecontrol App. I've ridden it hard often riding until it is completely drained to 1%.

Over the years, I've been able to purchase a couple other batteries from riders whose bikes were stolen while their battery was indoors charging so I can swap batteries out and generally always carry one extra battery on a rack which I can swap out mid-ride

Update on mine.

Back up to 92% Battery health. I think what it was, was I hadn't fully charged it for a long time. By that I mean I was taking it off charge when it might say 100% but the charger hasn't done the load balancing thing that it does at the end of the charge. Recently I've left it on the charger for longer, letting the charger light turn green and my battery health has gone up. I still feel the bike's range has gone down a bit though but I don't feel like I need to drop $1200 (Australian) on a new battery, for now

Update on mine.

Back up to 92% Battery health. I think what it was, was I hadn't fully charged it for a long time. By that I mean I was taking it off charge when it might say 100% but the charger hasn't done the load balancing thing that it does at the end of the charge. Recently I've left it on the charger for longer, letting the charger light turn green and my battery health has gone up. I still feel the bike's range has gone down a bit though but I don't feel like I need to drop $1200 (Australian) on a new battery, for now
That's good news. It'll probably yo-yo around a bit based on your charge regime. Even the earlier 84% seems pretty healthy from over 200 cycles.

Giant make the claim that "once it's reached a 1000 charges, it will go to 80% of full capacity for a further 800 charges, then up to 60% of full capacity for 600 charges and so on". (https://www.giant-bicycles.com/gb/electric-bike-battery-guide)

That feels absurdly ambitious, but not a claim I'm guessing even a fraction of users can put to the test, particularly within the 2 year warranty period.

Mine seems to have settled on 90% the last few cycles, more than sufficient for any ride I throw at it.
Screenshot_20230826_190640_com.GiantGroup.app.RideControl2_edit_33991361877104.jpg

Maybe someone can answer my question which is, why do electric auto batteries last so much loner then electric bicycle batteries? Some are warrantied for many years. My understanding is they have the same cells in them as our ebike batteries and usually get heavy daily use.

I believe it's their cooling technology. Tesla uses AI to monitor and optimize the charge for longevity. In ebike, it really depending on the owner who take the responsibility to take care of the battery, so it's not really scalable or sustainable.

I heard early Nissan Leaf are having battery trouble, due to its inefficient cooling system. That's just my guess tho... If you are willing to charge 80 - 90% each time, and never deplete your battery completely, apparently it will last way longer.

Back