Known Issues & Problems with Watt Wagons Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

I just picked up my Hydra right from the WW shop in Newton. Received a great tour of the facility and learned, first-hand. about the never ending supply chain and overall parts supply issues WW faces. It was great to meet Pushkar and see where it all happens.

The Hydra first impressions are it is FAST, suspension and brakes are excellent and it looks amazing (unrestricted/27.5" wheels, chain drive).

The Large frame just barely fits my 6' 3" height and I will need both bar risers and the longer seat post to get it right for me - so something to keep in mind when picking your frame size.

It's very early in terms of riding time but one immediate niggling issue is when on either fo the two smallest cogs, the chain feels like it catches and jerks a bit; almost like it is in between cogs. The chain doesn't jump cogs but feels like it wants to. This will happen immediately after coasting and then pedaling again but you don't have to be pedaling to experience this jerk/catch - just rolling along on throttle as well. Thinking it may just be an adjustment issue with the derailleur - we will see.
I am quite certain you received a medium frame unless the mold for the large has changed since earlier this year.

I just picked up my Hydra right from the WW shop in Newton. Received a great tour of the facility and learned, first-hand. about the never ending supply chain and overall parts supply issues WW faces. It was great to meet Pushkar and see where it all happens.

The Hydra first impressions are it is FAST, suspension and brakes are excellent and it looks amazing (unrestricted/27.5" wheels, chain drive).

The Large frame just barely fits my 6' 3" height and I will need both bar risers and the longer seat post to get it right for me - so something to keep in mind when picking your frame size.

It's very early in terms of riding time but one immediate niggling issue is when on either fo the two smallest cogs, the chain feels like it catches and jerks a bit; almost like it is in between cogs. The chain doesn't jump cogs but feels like it wants to. This will happen immediately after coasting and then pedaling again but you don't have to be pedaling to experience this jerk/catch - just rolling along on throttle as well. Thinking it may just be an adjustment issue with the derailleur - we will see.
Geez, that bike looks stealthy good. I like it.

LG frame vs Med - check some single measurement from the Hydra info thread.

It’s difficult to say from the pictures. Typically the large does not have a shock lined up straight perfect with the rear stays like this one. I looked at my bikes and the large it is 19 3/4” From BB center to to of painted frame under seat post clamp. And Medium is 17 1/2”. I am 6 feet 2 1/2 and I’m torn between which size I like better. My pants are only a 32 inch inseam. On the large I have the dropper as low as it can go. on the medium I could have seven or eight dropper. That would be really cool. The large frame has more than 1“ longer TT. I find this better for downhill but not nearly as nimble and the tight switch backs.
Orange is large and blue is medium

Attachments

• DDD87137-0A0D-423C-BBD2-72D2E9C04710.jpeg
    DDD87137-0A0D-423C-BBD2-72D2E9C04710.jpeg
    279.9 KB · Views: 194
  • 6BCD2CF3-AAF2-4B7A-960C-5FFA4FBBC355.jpeg
    6BCD2CF3-AAF2-4B7A-960C-5FFA4FBBC355.jpeg
    312.4 KB · Views: 200
I am even riding with swept back bars. Making the bike shorter. What is your inseam?

Thanks for the good info. My inseam is 34” and with the seat all the way up it feels a little short. I have the standard dropper I believe. When I measured tonight I got just about 17” from BB to top off paint and though not as accurate, a couple of the other measurements seemed close to medium as well. WW is thinking the frames may have been mis-painted, but we’ll know tomorrow. This color is ‘Northern Lights’ which is a dark green that can look black in certain lighting.

Thanks for the good info. My inseam is 34” and with the seat all the way up it feels a little short. I have the standard dropper I believe. When I measured tonight I got just about 17” from BB to top off paint and though not as accurate, a couple of the other measurements seemed close to medium as well. WW is thinking the frames may have been mis-painted, but we’ll know tomorrow. This color is ‘Northern Lights’ which is a dark green that can look black in certain lighting.
Was anyone from ww there when you did your test ride. I would think that as soon as a 6’4” person got on a medium frame that it would be really obvious that something wasn’t lining up. A lot of talk about extender this and riser that, but how in the world would a person who basically sells one frame not immediately see the problem. A poster recognized it from a picture without you even sitting on the bike.

Last edited:
@Lzthrs
I am not getting it.
You was at WW headquarters? Why did you not ride your bike for trial run before you took it home.

Please post.
What is Wattwagons' solution for your bike.
That will be a tough one. Either keep a bike designed for someone 5” shorter that will never fit or back in line. See you in another 6 months.

That will be a tough one. Either keep a bike designed for someone 5” shorter that will never fit or back in line. See you in another 6 months.
I am nearly the same size Lzthrs. His inseam is 2 inches longer than mine which would mean his torso is shorter and I ride both sizes equally well. The frames on Wattwagons bikes run large and long compared to something like a Turbo Levo. Putting a 40mm rise bars and a 7 or 8 inch dropper he can have the ability to get the seat lower for steep descents or technical maneuvers which is a benefit.
just because the frame has a medium mark on it versus a large doesn’t really mean that much. Riding the bike and making minor changes

Lsthrz, I've been thinking about you. Hope things are getting worked out in a way that is as great as it can be at this point. That's a good looking bike. One would want everything about it to be just right.

The more I ride it, the more it feels small to me. Yes, I could get a longer seat post and bar risers but I think I’d like what I originally ordered (and paid for) and work with that. Working with WW on a solution.

The more I ride it, the more it feels small to me. Yes, I could get a longer seat post and bar risers but I think I’d like what I originally ordered (and paid for) and work with that. Working with WW on a solution.
Absolutely, period, end of story.

When a meal I've ordered isn't just right I will go with it under most conditions ......this is a little different.

Hey guys, quick update. @Lsthrz reached out to us. We found the issue and we are building a new bike to be picked up by next week.

I want to say it is an honest mistake, but it is a mistake nonetheless. That being said, we also know why this happened - so better documentation and better tagging the frames before painting should prevent it from happening.
I know we have messed up on some orders by providing upgrades and not charging for them 😉 .. but the wrong size is a first.
Thanks for raising the issue @Lsthrz . Appreciate your patience.

Has anyone had issues with the battery locking mechanism? Does your battery "click" in to provide confirmation it's locked? Mine does not and it isn't clear if it's secured. Not sure if you can adjust the locking pin.

Ahhh, communication, and so then a necessary reply to an understandable but rare occurrence, a catharsis....thank you.

Has anyone had issues with the battery locking mechanism? Does your battery "click" in to provide confirmation it's locked? Mine does not and it isn't clear if it's secured. Not sure if you can adjust the locking pin.
Try to push the battery in more. If you can’t, We can FaceTime with our tech and see if the cabling behind the battery is misaligned.

I’ve shared the above “buyer beware” warning on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Google business reviews (so far) of my experience with @pushkar/WW. I’ll continue to spread it wide and far so others don’t fall prey to his deception.

Last edited:
Back