Known Issues & Problems with Watt Wagons Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Revealing my noobness once again: So my rear brake lever on my Hydra is feeling soft. It comes in to the grip about twice as far as the front break lever. Brake works ok but I don't like it. I suppose this means I need more fluid in that reservoir? Does this involve 'bleeding'? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm new to hydraulic brakes. My analog MTB had mechanical brakes until I recently had it converted to disk and Shimano hydraulics. 🤔 :)

If the lever action is soft/squishy, and not coming back after pumping 3-4 times, then re-bleed should fix it.
Not sure why it is suddenly soft. Are you seeing any fluid around the caliper ? Or the lever ?

If the lever action is soft/squishy, and not coming back after pumping 3-4 times, then re-bleed should fix it.
Not sure why it is suddenly soft. Are you seeing any fluid around the caliper ? Or the lever ?
Don't think so but I'll check tomorrow. Would you happen to know what bleed kit I need to order if that is required? And thank you Pushkar. 👍

EDIT: I did not know about the pumping thing. I'll try that as well.

Don't think so but I'll check tomorrow. Would you happen to know what bleed kit I need to order if that is required? And thank you Pushkar. 👍
Brake Bleed Kit Bicycle Hydraulic Disc Brake Oil Mineral for Shimano, MAGURA, TEKTRO, SRAM Series Bike Brake Repair Tools https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B089MDY3T5/ seems promising. We have the park tools one for mineral oil but OMG they are like $100+ On Amazon right now!
Mineral oil for the magura please.

Yeah. We never had any luck with those.
Park tools are the deal honestly. It’s expensive but that stuff works every time.
You pays yo money and yo takes yo chances. Still, Park is off the charts on their prices for most of their stuff. o_O

You pays yo money and yo takes yo chances. Still, Park is off the charts on their prices for most of their stuff. o_O
Yeah. Honestly though, It’s pretty good quality . If that’s part of daily job like it’s for us, the pricing is worth it. May not be the right price point for one off.

Yeah. Honestly though, It’s pretty good quality . If that’s part of daily job like it’s for us, the pricing is worth it. May not be the right price point for one off.
Too true. I've got a couple of Park implements for critical operations. ( pffft ) but for like a pedal wrench or a cassette wrench .... I aint payin those prices. No wAY. :cool:

The reservoir screw on the brake lever is very easy to strip. Pay attention to the specs on tightening it.

Mine has a syringe that pushes and pulls the fluid through the brake line. The tubing just slides over the barbed fitting. It has come free on me before and pushed fluid everywhere. I have since added a small zip tie around it so that cant happen (or at least less likely).

The reservoir screw on the brake lever is very easy to strip. Pay attention to the specs on tightening it.

Mine has a syringe that pushes and pulls the fluid through the brake line. The tubing just slides over the barbed fitting. It has come free on me before and pushed fluid everywhere. I have since added a small zip tie around it so that cant happen (or at least less likely).
the Shimano kit comes with it but for some reason the park setup does not. I bought some locking forceps to clip it on.

Can you please clarify what you’re asking for here. I ride my Hydras once or twice a week which is all the time I have but they have been treating me very good so far.

I just picked up my Hydra right from the WW shop in Newton. Received a great tour of the facility and learned, first-hand. about the never ending supply chain and overall parts supply issues WW faces. It was great to meet Pushkar and see where it all happens.

The Hydra first impressions are it is FAST, suspension and brakes are excellent and it looks amazing (unrestricted/27.5" wheels, chain drive).

The Large frame just barely fits my 6' 3" height and I will need both bar risers and the longer seat post to get it right for me - so something to keep in mind when picking your frame size.

It's very early in terms of riding time but one immediate niggling issue is when on either fo the two smallest cogs, the chain feels like it catches and jerks a bit; almost like it is in between cogs. The chain doesn't jump cogs but feels like it wants to. This will happen immediately after coasting and then pedaling again but you don't have to be pedaling to experience this jerk/catch - just rolling along on throttle as well. Thinking it may just be an adjustment issue with the derailleur - we will see.

Attachments

• hydra.jpeg
    hydra.jpeg
    703.1 KB · Views: 273
I just picked up my Hydra right from the WW shop in Newton. Received a great tour of the facility and learned, first-hand. about the never ending supply chain and overall parts supply issues WW faces. It was great to meet Pushkar and see where it all happens.

The Hydra first impressions are it is FAST, suspension and brakes are excellent and it looks amazing (unrestricted/27.5" wheels, chain drive).

The Large frame just barely fits my 6' 3" height and I will need both bar risers and the longer seat post to get it right for me - so something to keep in mind when picking your frame size.

It's very early in terms of riding time but one immediate niggling issue is when on either fo the two smallest cogs, the chain feels like it catches and jerks a bit; almost like it is in between cogs. The chain doesn't jump cogs but feels like it wants to. This will happen immediately after coasting and then pedaling again but you don't have to be pedaling to experience this jerk/catch - just rolling along on throttle as well. Thinking it may just be an adjustment issue with the derailleur - we will see.
That's got to be a derailleur adjustment issue. Park Tool on You Tube has an excellent tutorial on adjusting your derailleur. 👍

Back