Known Issues & Problems with Watt Wagons Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Does the throttle still work when this happens or are both PAS and throttle dead when this happens

In installed the new display and cables that Pushkar sent on my CrossTour. It did not fix the problem. The motor will still randomly cut out if I stop pedaling for a moment. I was able to get motor power back sometimes while leaving the display on by decreasing the power level to 0 for a few seconds and then increasing the power level again, but it doesn't work all the time.

I have had a BBSO2 bike for much longer with many more miles and this has never happened once on that bike.

In installed the new display and cables that Pushkar sent on my CrossTour. It did not fix the problem. The motor will still randomly cut out if I stop pedaling for a moment. I was able to get motor power back sometimes while leaving the display on by decreasing the power level to 0 for a few seconds and then increasing the power level again, but it doesn't work all the time.

I have had a BBSO2 bike for much longer with many more miles and this has never happened once on that bike.
I have the same exact problem. I just hope he will send me a stock ultra with a bafang controller. I hope to figure something out soon. I haven't been able to ride this much at all with other problems as well. Pushkar has been responsive In trying to fix the problems, but there has been many.

I went for about a 35 mile ride today on the CrossTour. Motor cut out more than 10 times. The frequency seems to be increasing. Maybe its heat related since its getting warmer out (70s) and the frequency of cut outs seems higher near the end of the ride.

Is the motor cutting off an issue specific to this bike or are there similar reports from other owners? I ask as I don't remember reading about this issue with others.

So someone posted their new Watt Wagon (Hydra I think) and they showed hitting over 40 mph in ECO 1, and yet I'm barely hitting 30 mph in Sport 5. I went in to the max speed setting and cranked that up. Is there another setting I'm missing? I'm wondering how to check my settings as my configuration was to be 2,300 watt de-restricted. A few people have commented on other (non-WW) threads that they have to do something specific and I think/hope I'm just not doing that. Any advice? I have the cable, just haven't used it yet (I will this weekend).

The 30 mph is fast enough in 90% of my commute, but I'm on an absolutely empty bike path for very long stretches, and there's a mile of bus access road that no one ever uses where I want to push this bike much more. Thanks!

So someone posted their new Watt Wagon (Hydra I think) and they showed hitting over 40 mph in ECO 1, and yet I'm barely hitting 30 mph in Sport 5. I went in to the max speed setting and cranked that up. Is there another setting I'm missing? I'm wondering how to check my settings as my configuration was to be 2,300 watt de-restricted. A few people have commented on other (non-WW) threads that they have to do something specific and I think/hope I'm just not doing that. Any advice? I have the cable, just haven't used it yet (I will this weekend).

The 30 mph is fast enough in 90% of my commute, but I'm on an absolutely empty bike path for very long stretches, and there's a mile of bus access road that no one ever uses where I want to push this bike much more. Thanks!
I have the same issue. Pedaling as hard as possible, Sport 5, 2300W controller/motor, max speed around 30 mph on Wattwagon CrossTour.

You can have all the power in the world but speed is still a function of gear ratio.
Not sure if this helps: I get to the highest gear - 14 - (ie hardest to pedal) and I slow down/lose momentum a few mphs, so I back off a gear or two and I can speed up slightly, so on flats I'm not even getting close to 14th gear. It just seems like at 28 mph I'm hitting a restricting wall somehow and on the slight downhill or with wind on my back I can get to 31. So how would I confirm I'm not restricted is the question.

The post in question was with the bike off the ground, no weight, no wind or wheel/tire resistance. Just rear wheel free spin….
-BB

edit- more of interest when getting wheels balanced….

This post and Leon's have been nagging at me. Is it possible the motor is cutting back power as one reaches the 28 mph zone?

To check this I would take the bike to a longer downhill run - possibly steeply downhill. Get it up near 28 mph and in the highest gear and find out if throttle will help around that speed and beyond. If the throttle or PAS cuts back the help then there is a settings issue.

Might have to slow way down and do this several times to make sure motor isn't tapering back power so smoothly that it's imperceptible.

This post and Leon's have been nagging at me. Is it possible the motor is cutting back power as one reaches the 28 mph zone?

To check this I would take the bike to a longer downhill run - possibly steeply downhill. Get it up near 28 mph and in the highest gear and find out if throttle will help around that speed and beyond. If the throttle or PAS cuts back the help then there is a settings issue.

Might have to slow way down and do this several times to make sure motor isn't tapering back power so smoothly that it's imperceptible.
Thanks for the suggestion! I have a hill I can try next week with a good 6 to 12% decent.

There was something wrong with the motor on my CrossTour. Pushkar sent me a replacement motor because the old one would periodically and randomly cut out. With the new motor, I no longer have any top speed issues. I was at 35 mph in eco 3 and up to 37 in eco 4. I didn't feel comfortable going any faster, but I'm satisfied the problem has been fixed..

Back