Known Issues & Problems with Riese & Müller Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

I am asking you if you know that to be true since I was under the belief these frames were built in Germany?
Not only have I been told that this is the case, but the Wikipedia entry for R&M states that the frames are made at places “like Pacific Cycles, Taiwan.” I suggest you ask R&M directly if this is up-to-date information as I do not work for the company.

Not only have I been told that this is the case, but the Wikipedia entry for R&M states that the frames are made at places “like Pacific Cycles, Taiwan.” I suggest you ask R&M directly if this is up-to-date information as I do not work for the company.
I did not know that but I am beginning to believe you may be right. I just watched a factory video that only shows assembly, not frame construction.

But Wiikopedia also says bikes are built and shipped from Taiwan to USA? I live in Canada but my bike says made in Germany.

So if we accept that the frames are made in China, but what about the assembly. According to Wik your USA bike is also assembled in China. Is that correct? I have always said that the Chinese know a thing or two about bikes but nevertheless that means only the design and motors are German?

So if we accept that the frames are made in China, but what about the assembly. According to Wik your USA bike is also assembled in China. Is that correct? I have always said that the Chinese know a thing or two about bikes but nevertheless that means only the design and motors are German?
I think you should ask R&M!

Their business model may differ depending on which coast they ship to. I really have no idea, but I’m pretty certain they are not making the frames in Germany. Think about it — if so, it would be a major marketing point with black/red/yellow “Made in Germany” badges or stickers. If something has changed, I’m sure they would be delighted to tell you.

My guess is the Rohloff hub is made in Germany.but nothing else that is a major component except perhaps tires. Rims? Def no. Electronics and motor? My chargers have said either made in Vietnam or Poland. Would not be certain motor is made in Germany.

Not sure why this is such a big surprise. Major companies like Trek and Bianchi switched to outsourcing mid 2000s. Most people would tell you that quality did not suffer. Brands work with their overseas partners and specify desired quality level, ie, cost to them.

i dont have a chain, its a gates carbon drive belt , and no where near the rear supports of the rack
It makes no difference chain or belt ...call it a beltstay then if you prefer but we were talking about worn paint on the part of the frame called the chainstay are we not? This is becoming confusing...time for my nap.

I have a superdelite gx kiox cockpit. I would like to find a compatible handlebar with more rise and sweep for an upright position, while not having to modify any cables. This stem has a wide clamp area (80-90mm) and double clamps. It's a 24.5 clamp diameter. Does anyone have any knowledge and suggestions? Thanks.
Have you tried loosening the clamps at the top of the stem and then pivoting the Kiox cockpit? I am thinking about doing this on my Superdelight to raise the original handlebars to a more upright position. The left side uses a 5mm hex wrench. The 5mm hex wrench does not fit on the right side. That has me stumped for now. Otherwise, it seems like a simple way to raise the handlebars slightly.

Have you tried loosening the clamps at the top of the stem and then pivoting the Kiox cockpit? I am thinking about doing this on my Superdelight to raise the original handlebars to a more upright position. The left side uses a 5mm hex wrench. The 5mm hex wrench does not fit on the right side. That has me stumped for now. Otherwise, it seems like a simple way to raise the handlebars slightly.
Yes, thank you. It is all the way up. The right side does not accept a tool.

Hi Fellow R&M Riders,

I have posted the following in the Accessories section of the Forum as Kiox applies to various brands.

If you have other suggestions perhaps track down Bosch Kiox Upgrade:- Suggestions and Improvements here.

https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/bosch-kiox-upgrade-suggestions-and-improvements.31715/

I have sent the following through to Bosch via "Contact Bosch" on their website. I will keep you posted on their response. If others have upgrade suggestions or agree with this one and wish to also contact Bosch perhaps we can track any communications and feedback from Bosch in this thread.

In a future upgrade can you please consider implementing an option to increase the font size for various parameters where the display layout permits. In my case particularly the Rohloff Gear indication. The demographics of users opting for the Rohloff hub are potentially skewed towards the more experienced (Older) riders who may have trouble even seeing the Kiox display, much less which Rohloff Gear is currently selected. Thanks Stephen

No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from Riese & Müller as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

SUNTOUR AION Front Fork Problem.

I have had my Delite for a few weeks and within about 200 km of usage the front fork lost pressure. (CX 140mm travel but only ridden on tarmac at this stage). Pumped the fork back up to 90 psi and it was back to no pressure overnight. Locked out the front suspension and cycled to my LBS where they indicated the unit would be sent to Australian Suntour Service agent for warranty repair. I was hoping to have my bike back for this weekend but not to be. I am now thinking that I should have gone for the FOX option however would expect that R&M should only use reliable components and hope this is a one off occurrence.

My question is have others had similar problems with the Suntour Aion front fork and if not how much distance/hard work have they ridden with this fork??.

Stephen.

I did this on my Delite, and have found a comfortable compromise between my wife's wonderful Homage riding position and the originally set more aggressive Delite handlebars. After loosening the two bolts you have to pull the handlebars up quite firmly. They "click" between what sets like pre-set positions. Mine went up 3 "set" positions from memory.

Edit: I forgot to add I have the smartphone hub.

SUNTOUR AION Front Fork Problem.

I have had my Delite for a few weeks and within about 200 km of usage the front fork lost pressure. (CX 140mm travel but only ridden on tarmac at this stage). Pumped the fork back up to 90 psi and it was back to no pressure overnight. Locked out the front suspension and cycled to my LBS where they indicated the unit would be sent to Australian Suntour Service agent for warranty repair. I was hoping to have my bike back for this weekend but not to be. I am now thinking that I should have gone for the FOX option however would expect that R&M should only use reliable components and hope this is a one off occurrence.

My question is have others had similar problems with the Suntour Aion front fork and if not how much distance/hard work have they ridden with this fork??.

Stephen.

My wife has the 100mm Suntour Aion and so far so good - only around 300km, mostly (maybe 80%) off road on forestry roads and green single track. I hope you get your forks back soon!

My wife has the 100mm Suntour Aion and so far so good - only around 300km, mostly (maybe 80%) off road on forestry roads and green single track. I hope you get your forks back soon!
Hi Jay,

Hopefully someone will come back to both of us with a 3000 km -30,000 km positive experience of Suntour Aion.

We were in Melbourne for the Australian Open Tennis and were very impressed with Melbournes cycling infrastructure compared with Sydney. We did a cycling tour of the city which was excellent. (0 voltage tour) Cheers

Hi Jay,

Hopefully someone will come back to both of us with a 3000 km -30,000 km positive experience of Suntour Aion.

We were in Melbourne for the Australian Open Tennis and were very impressed with Melbournes cycling infrastructure compared with Sydney. We did a cycling tour of the city which was excellent. (0 voltage tour) Cheers
5000+km in just over 21 months on a 2018 SC GX (Rohloff) and no problems whatsoever. Mostly aggressive riding on roads.
But been on the bio bike for the last month or so as my legs were getting out of condition from applying too much assist! But i don't like it :)
Thinking about doing a complete service on them soon (100mm) and extending the travel to 120mm for extra ground clearance.
As per (where R&M SuperChargers are affectionately referred to as a 'Jeep'):

Last edited:
Back