Known Issues & Problems with Juiced Bikes Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Just a heads-up to folks shopping for accessories for their new ride: The Abus Bordo Granite 6500 lock (the only folding lock to receive a "Gold" rating from solidsecure.com) is on sale for $88.95 at bikeinn.com. The price seems to have come down everywhere, but when I was looking a month or so ago it was around twice that price on Amazon. I ended up buying one on ebay for $120. For $89 it's a pretty good deal.

Has anyone had issues with bike rattling while riding?

I seem to notice it more now than before. I'm wondering if there's something loose that I need to tighten. Nothing defective, just regular wear and tear.

I seem to notice it more now than before. I'm wondering if there's something loose that I need to tighten. Nothing defective, just regular wear and tear.

No rattles at all here.

I did have a pedaling squeak early on that stopped when I injected a bit of oil past the bottom bracket bearing seals (then wound an oily pipe cleaner round the spindle to ward off water splash ingress).

Good idea to check tightness of everything on a regular basis. Rack height adjustment screws tend to unscrew, in particular.

Last night, for no apparent reason the rear fender stay began to rub on a ride home from the store, the bike making a nasty, hard to locate squeaking noise. Hand bending the two wire stays re-centered the fender tail.

Today my 2.35" wide tires arrive. My fender clearance will be less than ever. At least I know what sort of noise to expect!

No rattles at all here.

I did have a pedaling squeak early on that stopped when I injected a bit of oil past the bottom bracket bearing seals (then wound an oily pipe cleaner round the spindle to ward off water splash ingress).

Good idea to check tightness of everything on a regular basis. Rack height adjustment screws tend to unscrew, in particular.

Last night, for no apparent reason the rear fender stay began to rub on a ride home from the store, the bike making a nasty, hard to locate squeaking noise. Hand bending the two wire stays re-centered the fender tail.

Today my 2.35" wide tires arrive. My fender clearance will be less than ever. At least I know what sort of noise to expect!

Looking forward to the pics :). Also, once you put it in, let us know your thoughts on whether a wider rim (30-35 mm) would help or hurt (ie is it the limiting factor tire height or width).

Looking forward to the pics :). Also, once you put it in, let us know your thoughts on whether a wider rim (30-35 mm) would help or hurt (ie is it the limiting factor tire height or width).
You got it! Am stoked to think they may work. Gotta clear the fenders, though! If not, I will keep with the very nice 2" wide "SnakeSkin" version that's on the bike now.

Will report ASAP. Maybe this weekend. (for sure!!!)

Just a heads-up to folks shopping for accessories for their new ride: The Abus Bordo Granite 6500 lock (the only folding lock to receive a "Gold" rating from solidsecure.com) is on sale for $88.95 at bikeinn.com. The price seems to have come down everywhere, but when I was looking a month or so ago it was around twice that price on Amazon. I ended up buying one on ebay for $120. For $89 it's a pretty good deal.

I was just on ABUS website and noticed that there is both a 6500 AND a 6510 … I could not figure out a difference looking at the English language page.

Maybe there is a sale because the 6500 is being replaced by 6510?
https://www.abus.com/eng/Mobile-Sec...g-locks/BORDO-Black-Edition-GRANIT-XPlus-6510

So my front fender will rattle over bumps, and if I take one hand off the bars it rattles alot more, doesn't matter which hand. I am not sure of a reasonable fix to this. Its really not bad, but it'd be nice to eliminate. I'd love some suggestions from those who have actually improved this.

New to ebikes but these seems strange to me so thought I would ask.

The battery does not seem 100% static on the inside. If I take the battery and turn it upside down I can feel something slide around. Almost like a sand bag from cornhole was dropped from a few inches off the ground.

In my mind that shouldn’t be a thing but am asking to confirm. I don’t think I’ve ever had a battery with moving parts.

Battery is in working order.

Thoughts ?

Last edited:
So my front fender will rattle over bumps, and if I take one hand off the bars it rattles alot more, doesn't matter which hand. I am not sure of a reasonable fix to this. Its really not bad, but it'd be nice to eliminate. I'd love some suggestions from those who have actually improved this.
I had that exact same situation for the first few weeks. I just had to keep tweaking the struts until it went away. And it did! I had to get the right side and left side of the fender equidistant from the tire. It was a narrow tolerance, hence all the tweaking. How nice it was when the rattle went away, especially that one-handed-ride rattle! Hope this helps, @Chris Hammond.

I had that exact same situation for the first few weeks. I just had to keep tweaking the struts until it went away. And it did! I had to get the right side and left side of the fender equidistant from the tire. It was a narrow tolerance, hence all the tweaking. How nice it was when the rattle went away, especially that one-handed-ride rattle! Hope this helps, @Chris Hammond.
When you have time, if you could post pics of both the fork mounts and the fender mounts it'd be great to give me a starting point about where to try adjusting. Thanks.

Good news: seems I fixed it by tightening the nuts on the kickstand.
Bad news: I rounded off one of the bolts and it cant be tightened anymore... Not sure if I did something wrong or the nuts are low quality. Probably both. I used the wrench that came with the bike.

When you have time, if you could post pics of both the fork mounts and the fender mounts it'd be great to give me a starting point about where to try adjusting. Thanks.
Chris, I'd be happy to. But my front fender got messed up inadvertently - long story, no one's fault - and the replacement arrived today. I may have to go through the same process, and if so, I'll let you know what I end up with.

Mainly, I just kept gradually bending the struts, a little bit at a time. I experimented some with moving the little clamps that attach the struts to the fender up and down, to see what would provide the most vertical clearance. That helped a little, but not as much as bending the struts.

My throttle is a bit sticky, stays depressed unless manually pushed back up (and then stays up). How do I fix this? Oil it somehow? Rather dangerous as it is now.

My throttle is a bit sticky, stays depressed unless manually pushed back up (and then stays up). How do I fix this? Oil it somehow? Rather dangerous as it is now.
Have you tried loosening it to see if it is somehow kinked. It’s a long shot, but worth trying.

Have you tried loosening it to see if it is somehow kinked. It’s a long shot, but worth trying.
Very possible, I had transferred it to new handlebars, and didn't have issues before. But the stickiness didn't happen until recently, weeks after I switched bars. Will try.

Make sure it's not being affected by the LCD screen. I had my LCD rotated just a hair too far down and it did something like what you're describing. Just a thought.

If you do, use a Silicon based oil. Other stuff will destroy the plastic.
There are many plastics. The throttle will not be harmed by mere petro oil, for sure.

Olive on this principle, myself.

Oils are various and many have no bad affect on any particular plastic type when you KWYADAWYADI.

Lard knows this is the Truth.

See the latest comment therein for the perfect circle of this thread and the life we heavy frying .400 hitting average baseball/biking daily players batter up.

Last edited:

I can't quite recall it now, but I remember reading (maybe here, maybe elsewhere) that it can rub against the neighboring component on the handlebar and get a little sticky. I'm sure you've looked but have you ruled that out before you mess with oil?

Back