Known Issues & Problems with Himiway Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Final (I hope!) resolution of my bike battery problem. After the repaired battery was reinstalled and blew another fuse on 3July, I contacted Himiway and they said they would replace battery, battery bracket and controller. The battery is out of stock while the controlled was in stock so I asked that they send me the controller ASAP. After a few days and emails where they finally explained that I had to send a $99 deposit for the warranty controller replacement, I paid it on 7July and received a tracking number. In the meantime Himiway refunded the HiC battery repair charge of $140 (minus 5% PayPal fee) and my husband replaced the battery fuse since Hi-C made the fuse holder accessible. I received the replacement controller on 23July, we promptly installed it and the bike comes on and seems to perform well. So now at the end of July I can finally ride again after the early May malfunction. I have to return the defective controller for a refund of the deposit and after suppling the package size and weight, I’m now waiting for a shipping label from Himiway. While this has been an extremely protracted process with over 45 emails, at least the bike is fixed. The delays are due to communication issues (Himiway is responsive but they only reveal the procedure a tiny step at a time) as well as the shipping time between China and the US. In retrospect, if I had understood the limitations of the Himiway warranty and lack of US-based service I would not have bought this bike.

Final (I hope!) resolution of my bike battery problem. After the repaired battery was reinstalled and blew another fuse on 3July, I contacted Himiway and they said they would replace battery, battery bracket and controller. The battery is out of stock while the controlled was in stock so I asked that they send me the controller ASAP. After a few days and emails where they finally explained that I had to send a $99 deposit for the warranty controller replacement, I paid it on 7July and received a tracking number. In the meantime Himiway refunded the HiC battery repair charge of $140 (minus 5% PayPal fee) and my husband replaced the battery fuse since Hi-C made the fuse holder accessible. I received the replacement controller on 23July, we promptly installed it and the bike comes on and seems to perform well. So now at the end of July I can finally ride again after the early May malfunction. I have to return the defective controller for a refund of the deposit and after suppling the package size and weight, I’m now waiting for a shipping label from Himiway. While this has been an extremely protracted process with over 45 emails, at least the bike is fixed. The delays are due to communication issues (Himiway is responsive but they only reveal the procedure a tiny step at a time) as well as the shipping time between China and the US. In retrospect, if I had understood the limitations of the Himiway warranty and lack of US-based service I would not have bought this bike.
We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience,thank you very much for your patience and support for so long. We will continue to make progress and bring reliable, efficient, and quality services and products to more of our customers. Hope you enjoy the ride!

Really sorry for this trouble. May I ask did you solve your error problem now? If not, please send an email to our after-sale service at [email protected]. We will help to solve your problem. Sorry, we don't have specific shops currently. Normally, we will suggest customers going to the nearby bike shop to solve the problem if we can not solve it via email.
About controlling the speed, there is a solution for you.
Step1: Press and hold "+" "-" and "i" at the same time for 1-2 seconds until the display changes
Step2: Press and hold "+" "-" and "i" at the same time for 1-2 seconds until the display changes
Step3: Enter the password 0510 and press "i" to confirm the password until the display changes
Step4: Press the “+” key one time so it will have a “2” flashing in the top right and the screen should read “SCA”
Step5: Press the “i” key to enter the screen which should now have a flashing “1-5” on the bottom left.
Step6: Press the “+” or “-” key, until the screen shows a flashing “0-9” on the bottom left.
Step7: Press and hold the “i” key to kick you back to the previous screen which should read “2” and SCA.
Step8: Press and hold the “i” key again until it takes you to the main screen.
Step9: You should now be able to press the “+“ key and it will take pedal-assist to “9” in the top right corner.
Himiway is good at saying sorry. Horrible at actually being sorry and fixing anything.

It is late November and I can now say that the functioning of my Himiway bike has been excellent for over 80 miles since a new motor was installed. Himiway paid a local bike shop's bill for installation and the shipping costs to return the failed part. Communications with Customer Service have been much better. I am hauling the bike south for the winter and will run it a lot, with hopes that I finally received the e-bike I had hoped for. 😎🤞
How did you get Himiway to pay a bike shop? They are expecting me to replace the controller, screen and ALL THE WIRING, but refusing any sort of compensation or bike shop referral. Won't even discuss a refund or exchange for a new bike. This one has been dead for 6 weeks out of 6 month so far.

Please send an email to our customer service, we will be sending you the new battery and if you want to get a purchase price refund we can do that as well. Sorry for causing such inconvenience.
here’s an update on my bike and battery problem. A brief summary: ordered bike at beginning of Dec2021, rec’d it early Feb2021, at approx. 70 miles battery dead and won’t recharge, after 20 emails and at Himiway‘s direction (since no LBS willing to work on my bike) we opened battery pack but unable to find replaceable fuse, sent to Hi-C Battery for repair and they replaced fuse “buried in hot glue” and returned battery ($141.20 repair and shipping charges). I emailed Wil at Himiway and he promised to refund cost ASAP on 6/16 but nothing by 7/4.

We charged (charger light changed from red to green after a few hrs) and reinstalled battery on 3July. There was a very large spark when installing battery and bike doesn’t turn on. One of the battery contacts on the bike appears burnt and the battery is dead again. My husband wants to return bike to Himiway and thinks it’s a fire hazard. He wants me to purchase a better ebike from more reputable company. I dread the ordeal of shipping the bike and trying to get purchase price refund from Himiway under warranty.
Did you actually get any sort of refund from them? I've been weeks trying to get somebody to actually read an email. All I get is "We're sorry", "It's on backorder" and essentially we don't give a damn about customers. I've tried to return for a refund, credit for the 6+ weeks I've not had my bike, compensation for the mechanic's work they expect me to do, a referral to a bike shop - ANYTHING. So far, I've got dozens of apologies and no action.

How did you get Himiway to pay a bike shop? They are expecting me to replace the controller, screen and ALL THE WIRING, but refusing any sort of compensation or bike shop referral. Won't even discuss a refund or exchange for a new bike. This one has been dead for 6 weeks out of 6 month so far.
If the customer goes to the local bicycle shop to repair the bicycle without consulting our customer service in advance, we will not be reimbursed. Also if the accessories break down under a two-year warranty, we will send out the new accessories.

If the customer goes to the local bicycle shop to repair the bicycle without consulting our customer service in advance, we will not be reimbursed. Also if the accessories break down under a two-year warranty, we will send out the new accessories.
Where in the warranty does it say the owner needs to be a bike mechanic? How do I get the work done if I’m not physically able to do the repairs? I’ve asked repeatedly for a referral to a bike shop.

We do not have our own shop yet, you can go to any local shop near you for help. Send an email to our customer service if the bike shop can't fix the broken part, we will send you the replacement.

We do not have our own shop yet, you can go to any local shop near you for help. Send an email to our customer service if the bike shop can't fix the broken part, we will send you the replacement.
Above you said we couldn't go to a bike shop without authorization from customer support. I've asked at LEAST 25 times for that. I am awaiting a controller, wiring harness and display unit. My bike has been dead for 7 weeks of the 6 months I've owned it. I've already had to replace the display unit once. EVERY SINGLE ONE of my emails, probably more than 50 now have begged for authorization to have the repairs done at a shop because I have bad knees and hips and don't know how I will physically do the work. I suspect pulling the new harness through will take time down on my knees (doing something other than begging for help). "Customer support" has simply ignored my requests. I sit waiting on parts that nobody will say how long they will take as the bike season drains away. Looking at fall before I get back on it, likely not able to do my daily rides much longer. Nice plan. Run out the warranty with backorders.

Above you said we couldn't go to a bike shop without authorization from customer support. I've asked at LEAST 25 times for that. I am awaiting a controller, wiring harness and display unit. My bike has been dead for 7 weeks of the 6 months I've owned it. I've already had to replace the display unit once. EVERY SINGLE ONE of my emails, probably more than 50 now have begged for authorization to have the repairs done at a shop because I have bad knees and hips and don't know how I will physically do the work. I suspect pulling the new harness through will take time down on my knees (doing something other than begging for help). "Customer support" has simply ignored my requests. I sit waiting on parts that nobody will say how long they will take as the bike season drains away. Looking at fall before I get back on it, likely not able to do my daily rides much longer. Nice plan. Run out the warranty with backorders.
did you pay by credit card? escalate with them

How does 6 mo the fit into the equation?(truly curious cause I'm about to buy a bike online and figure it's my only protection if I get a lemon or an issue like yours)
If it's under warranty and they are not able to fix it in a reasonable period of time I would demand a refund for a bike thats been inoperable for over a month. To be told they don't have replacement parts in stock yet they're selling new bikes everyday is BS.

I can’t dispute the charge with the credit card company after 6 months. I received the product. The CC paid the bill. They are not a warranty company. My advice is RUN RUN RUN away from Himiway. There is a FB group for Himiway owners NOT run by Himiway. I asked for people to tell me they got their bikes fixed eventually and loved them. Out of about 20 responses, TWO were thrilled. The rest all said they were experiencing the same issues. Reports of waiting weeks for warranty parts are common and in every case you have to do the work yourself. As is indicated here in this thread they simply won’t authorize a repair. My repair will amount to removing the controller from the bottom, pulling the entire wiring harness out through the frame and fishing a new one back in. Then replacing the display unit and switch (for the second time in a month), then reprogramming the display. Two of the parts were supposedly shipped ten days after requested. The tracking number shows the items have been in Chicago since Aug 24 and have yet to be delivered to USPS. Still waiting on the controller to ship. Without all 3 I can’t do a thing. The phone number they give is a fake number Skype number and is not in service anymore. They do not read emails, just respond with generic apologies. Look at Rad or Aventon. I will say, when it works I’ve enjoyed ebiking. Ride about 25 miles a day in hilly terrain I couldn’t otherwise ride. You’ve been warned.

So I got my Himiway in October of 2020, rode it till it was too cold (Northeast, so a only a month and a 1/2), then rode it all Spring and till August, putting on 2k. It's been broken since Aug 21st and it's Oct 17th. At least 40 emails back and forth with Himiway including countless videos. The issue is that during a ride, I had two battery bars left on the display and all of a sudden my display went from two bars to blinking like the battery was going to die. I turned off the bike and turned it on again and it showed two bars again, but as soon as I gave it throttle power it began to blink again and then died completely. I walked the bike home and then charged the battery completely and the battery indicator (the bottom button on the actual battery you push) as well as the wall charger indicated a full charge. However, the display does nothing and does not power on.

Himiway, after many emails and having me buy a voltage meter and trouble shooting things myself (I'm no expert!!!) and send them the countless videos they said they were sending a display. The display took a week to ship and then shipping took another 2 weeks "awaiting for item to arrive" at USPS (then using the slowest shipping method possible) Meanwhile, I took my bike to a bike shop where it sat and the owner was upset that my huge bike was sitting there taking up valuable space for 3 weeks now! So I just got the display, which was supposed to be "brand new", but was completely scratched up and ridiculously worn; it was obvious to my bike mechanic this was a used part and not "new". I emailed Himiway about this who then still claimed it was a "new part" saying it must have been "scratched during the shipping process". There's simply no way, totally not true, and this was even after I sent clear pictures with the VERY scratched up display (see pic bellow). I really don't care though, the bottom line is the display was hooked up and then DIDN'T WORK, DIDN'T DO ANYTHING. So my bike mechanic made me take the bike home.

So after more emails and some pictures and they are sending another "new" display with a controller. I am hoping this does the trick as it will be winter soon!!! Also, the front shock froze and doesn't work, the cheap front light broke off, and the tail light would not go off after I rode during a little rain and so I just yanked it off so the battery would not drain. So there have been other things as well...

Attachments

• IMG_1164.jpeg
    IMG_1164.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 208
I can’t dispute the charge with the credit card company after 6 months. I received the product. The CC paid the bill. They are not a warranty company. My advice is RUN RUN RUN away from Himiway. There is a FB group for Himiway owners NOT run by Himiway. I asked for people to tell me they got their bikes fixed eventually and loved them. Out of about 20 responses, TWO were thrilled. The rest all said they were experiencing the same issues. Reports of waiting weeks for warranty parts are common and in every case you have to do the work yourself. As is indicated here in this thread they simply won’t authorize a repair. My repair will amount to removing the controller from the bottom, pulling the entire wiring harness out through the frame and fishing a new one back in. Then replacing the display unit and switch (for the second time in a month), then reprogramming the display. Two of the parts were supposedly shipped ten days after requested. The tracking number shows the items have been in Chicago since Aug 24 and have yet to be delivered to USPS. Still waiting on the controller to ship. Without all 3 I can’t do a thing. The phone number they give is a fake number Skype number and is not in service anymore. They do not read emails, just respond with generic apologies. Look at Rad or Aventon. I will say, when it works I’ve enjoyed ebiking. Ride about 25 miles a day in hilly terrain I couldn’t otherwise ride. You’ve been warned.
Stay away from Aventon, they have very poor customer support based on several postings to the forums I follow.

Well, I tapped on the controller with my hand and now the display actually turns on and I get an Error 30 when I try to give it throttle. It's definitely the controller box. So I have a new controller box and display Himiway sent, however, there are two wires that seemed to be tucked into the frame that I can't pull out and am afraid to use more force and brake something. So I guess I'l need to take it to my grumpy local bike guy and be charged way to much to hopefully have this done as well. Anyone know if the MagiCycle is any better? It's cheaper, has more torque and the same battery as the Himiway. It looks exactly the same too. Too bad I just had my 2nd Himiway delivered based just because I already had one and based on the battery being a 1/3 of the cost and having two batteries. I'm thinking I may have done better with a MagiCycle? Himiway also now stops you from adjusting the no speed settings and limits the motor now to 25MPH. So I just had to spend another $125 to upgrade the display (color one) so I can set the no speed limiter to "none" like you used to be able to on the Himiway in previous years. Awesome, Himiway, way to take features away and force your customers to spend more!

Back