Known Issues & Problems with Himiway Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

I service bikes and help out people in my neighborhood. Are people having problems with Himiway batteries?
I follow the forums on the Himiway bikes as well as other sources of information on e-bikes. I personally haven't heard on any battery issues.

@hoggdoc Not a representative sample but I have recently run across two with battery problems and poor support from Himiway. Thanks.

@hoggdoc Not a representative sample but I have recently run across two with battery problems and poor support from Himiway. Thanks.
Have you opened the batteries? A month ago I contacted Himiway tech support for information on the batteries. They asked for the serial number on the battery and answered back with the type of cells used in my battery. At the same time they told me they used 3 vendors for the batteries.

What issues are these batteries having? I have a lot of experience with Li-ion batteries used in the RC hobbies maybe I can help if you let me know what's the packs are not doing.

I just told someone to create an account here and contact you. That way you will get it first hand. Sounds like a faulty BMS has damaged cells and Himiway cannot honor the warrantee. Just endless delay tactics and runaround. The BMS may need to be jumped for further diagnostics.

I just told someone to create an account here and contact you. That way you will get it first hand. Sounds like a faulty BMS has damaged cells and Himiway cannot honor the warrantee. Just endless delay tactics and runaround. The BMS may need to be jumped for further diagnostics.
Why are they not willing to replace the batteries. The BMS is part of the battery package it makes no sense the can't or won't honor the warranty.

The fact is there is a world wide shortage of premium cells. Himiway does not have batteries. Hence the runaround. They told her to open it on her kitchen table and replace a fuse. This battery does not have a fuse. And she is not qualified to open an Li battery. It is playing with dynamite.

I'm the person with the malfunctioning Himiway battery that PedalUma referred to in the previous post. I've had my bike for 3 moths and have ca. 70miles on it. The battery is not charging and the bike display doesn't turn on when the battery is connected to the bike. I've been in contact with Himiway for over a week with 18 emails to date seeking warranty battery repair or replacement. Himiwaysays there are no batteries in stock (perhaps by August!) and asked me to have a "local" bike store examine and repair the battery and then they will reimburse me for expese. I can't find a San Fran bay area bike shop that is willing to examine my battery (I've called >3 in Sonoma Co.). At Himiway's request, my husband opened the case and looked for a replaceable fuse but couldn't find it (clearly no spade fuse as shown in a photo sent by Himiway). Himiway annotated the photo I sent of my opened battery and circled a part that, while it may be a device that sort of acts like a fuse, is not a user replaceable part. So I'm going to contact FTH and Hi-C (S CA and CO, respectively) to see if they will work on my battery. I do feel like Himiway has not been delivered on the 2 y warranty.

I'm the person with the malfunctioning Himiway battery that PedalUma referred to in the previous post. I've had my bike for 3 moths and have ca. 70miles on it. The battery is not charging and the bike display doesn't turn on when the battery is connected to the bike. I've been in contact with Himiway for over a week with 18 emails to date seeking warranty battery repair or replacement. Himiwaysays there are no batteries in stock (perhaps by August!) and asked me to have a "local" bike store examine and repair the battery and then they will reimburse me for expese. I can't find a San Fran bay area bike shop that is willing to examine my battery (I've called >3 in Sonoma Co.). At Himiway's request, my husband opened the case and looked for a replaceable fuse but couldn't find it (clearly no spade fuse as shown in a photo sent by Himiway). Himiway annotated the photo I sent of my opened battery and circled a part that, while it may be a device that sort of acts like a fuse, is not a user replaceable part. So I'm going to contact FTH and Hi-C (S CA and CO, respectively) to see if they will work on my battery. I do feel like Himiway has not been delivered on the 2 y warranty.
Hi Karana,

I just purchased and received a Himiway Escape and purchased accessories. Straight out of the box, the battery does NOT charge. The charger remains "green" whether it's plugged into the battery OR NOT. I was given the same run-around (via e-mail) from Himiway support as most of the forum members here. I have had the bike for more than a week and have NOT been able to ride it. Was told to send videos of battery and charger testing before a replacement could be sent. Charger replacement was sent and still the SAME issue. I have no time for repairs on a brand new product (almost $2k w/ accessories) that does NOT function as advertised OR at all for that matter. I've requested a full refund and if there is an issue with my refund request, my friend at the News Station will have a field day putting HIMIWAY and their product on blast with all the evidence about their product and service (or lack thereof).

Hi Karana,

I just purchased and received a Himiway Escape and purchased accessories. Straight out of the box, the battery does NOT charge. The charger remains "green" whether it's plugged into the battery OR NOT. I was given the same run-around (via e-mail) from Himiway support as most of the forum members here. I have had the bike for more than a week and have NOT been able to ride it. Was told to send videos of battery and charger testing before a replacement could be sent. Charger replacement was sent and still the SAME issue. I have no time for repairs on a brand new product (almost $2k w/ accessories) that does NOT function as advertised OR at all for that matter. I've requested a full refund and if there is an issue with my refund request, my friend at the News Station will have a field day putting HIMIWAY and their product on blast with all the evidence about their product and service (or lack thereof).
This is the problem area. Not that it matters because your battery is under warrantee and it is not your job to diagnose or repair it. Cracking a case is like playing with explosives. Do not do it.
It is called a Positive Temperature Coefficient Automatc-Resetable Thermo Resistor. It can act like a fuse based on temperature. Kind of like a thermostat temporarily shutting down the furnace when it is hot.

Attachments

• HimiwayBatProblem01.jpg
    HimiwayBatProblem01.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 390
This is the problem area. Not that it matters because your battery is under warrantee and it is not your job to diagnose or repair it. Cracking a case is like playing with explosives. Do not do it.
It is called a Positive Temperature Coefficient Automatc-Resetable Thermo Resistor. It can act like a fuse based on temperature. Kind of like a thermostat temporarily shutting down the furnace when it is hot.
Oh, I absolutely will NOT attempt opening or taking the battery for repairs. I filed a complaint with my bank and Himiway asked me to withdraw the complaint promising to send a battery, but still have not. I’m requested a refund and return, but they are not complying despite the fact my request is within the 15 days. Meanwhile, the Himiway Escape is sitting and collecting dust.

Oh, I absolutely will NOT attempt opening or taking the battery for repairs. I filed a complaint with my bank and Himiway asked me to withdraw the complaint promising to send a battery, but still have not. I’m requested a refund and return, but they are not complying despite the fact my request is within the 15 days. Meanwhile, the Himiway Escape is sitting and collecting dust.
Himiway is disingenuous in promising a battery because they do not have any. Your situation is not a one-off fluke. It is known. They were fully aware of it when they shipped the non-functional product to your door. Kindly post all communications or at least highlights. They like to move you to their private platform so others cannot see. Hush, hush. Working with your bank is the way to go.
When you get your money back consider a bike of 1/2 the weight with the motor in the middle. Less is so much more.
Weeheeheehee dee heeheeheehee weeoh himiaway

Himiway is disingenuous in promising a battery because they do not have any. Your situation is not a one-off fluke. It is known. They were fully aware of it when they shipped the non-functional product to your door. Kindly post all communications or at least highlights. They like to move you to their private platform so others cannot see. Hush, hush. Working with your bank is the way to go.
When you get your money back consider a bike of 1/2 the weight with the motor in the middle. Less is so much more.
Weeheeheehee dee heeheeheehee weeoh himiaway
2DA2539A-6820-40C9-941C-4F5F8A9105B9.png

Have the CC company withdraw the funds. This represents fraud in my view as an electric bike mechanic and not as a district attorney. Himiway has an EBR account and can see this.
I already filed the complaint. They are working on it. Thank you!

I already filed the complaint. They are working on it. Thank you!

Due to the effect of COVID-19, we are currently facing a supply shortage of Samsung batteries, for maintaining the quality, we have to wait for the best Samsung batteries and that results in a shipping delay. We are working with our supplier urgently to fulfill the demand in the earliest possible time frame. We will ship it for you as soon as the batteries arrive.

here’s an update on my bike and battery problem. A brief summary: ordered bike at beginning of Dec2021, rec’d it early Feb2021, at approx. 70 miles battery dead and won’t recharge, after 20 emails and at Himiway‘s direction (since no LBS willing to work on my bike) we opened battery pack but unable to find replaceable fuse, sent to Hi-C Battery for repair and they replaced fuse “buried in hot glue” and returned battery ($141.20 repair and shipping charges). I emailed Wil at Himiway and he promised to refund cost ASAP on 6/16 but nothing by 7/4.

We charged (charger light changed from red to green after a few hrs) and reinstalled battery on 3July. There was a very large spark when installing battery and bike doesn’t turn on. One of the battery contacts on the bike appears burnt and the battery is dead again. My husband wants to return bike to Himiway and thinks it’s a fire hazard. He wants me to purchase a better ebike from more reputable company. I dread the ordeal of shipping the bike and trying to get purchase price refund from Himiway under warranty.

here’s an update on my bike and battery problem. A brief summary: ordered bike at beginning of Dec2021, rec’d it early Feb2021, at approx. 70 miles battery dead and won’t recharge, after 20 emails and at Himiway‘s direction (since no LBS willing to work on my bike) we opened battery pack but unable to find replaceable fuse, sent to Hi-C Battery for repair and they replaced fuse “buried in hot glue” and returned battery ($141.20 repair and shipping charges). I emailed Wil at Himiway and he promised to refund cost ASAP on 6/16 but nothing by 7/4.

We charged (charger light changed from red to green after a few hrs) and reinstalled battery on 3July. There was a very large spark when installing battery and bike doesn’t turn on. One of the battery contacts on the bike appears burnt and the battery is dead again. My husband wants to return bike to Himiway and thinks it’s a fire hazard. He wants me to purchase a better ebike from more reputable company. I dread the ordeal of shipping the bike and trying to get purchase price refund from Himiway under warranty.
Please send an email to our customer service, we will be sending you the new battery and if you want to get a purchase price refund we can do that as well. Sorry for causing such inconvenience.

I'm sorry to hear of the problems you've experienced. Thank you for the update and letting us know of your experience. I'm sure many will make a better informed decision from this.

That being said I am having a better experience with my bike and continue to put more miles on everyday. Fortunately, I do have a LBS that is willing to work on my bike should I have an issue. Otherwise I could totally see owning this bike being a complete nightmare.

One observation I've made is that this bike is very close in design to the RAD Rover so I'm thinking that any problems we have with the Himiway might have solutions in the RAD forums. That's how I am approaching this bike since the Himiway users are not that many in number.

Good luck!
View attachment 48769
Yes indeed the Himiway bikes are very close to Rad bikes as they are built by the same OEM company in China. In fact that same company makes bikes for a surprising number of Brands. The company's name is HAIDONG.

Back