Known Issues & Problems with Himiway Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

I recently purchased a Himiway Step thru from a friend and have found that I believe there is a problem in the rear hub with the pawls not engaging correctly inducing a "slip" when I pedal. The bike has less than 60 miles on it and was wondering if anyone has had similar problems.
Hello! Thank you for your support Himiway.
Did you solve your problem now? If not, please send the email to [email protected]. We will help you solve the problem. The warranty can be transferred. Please email us with the original order number. We will solve this problem soon.
Thank you!

I have had a similar experience with Himiway. Their Facebook page is total BS. There is very little truth. Anything even moderately derogatory about the almighty Himiway is NEVER allowed on the page or deleted quickly.

Fortunately I have found sources on these pages where anything that breaks on the Himiway (including the battery, power unit, etc.) can be purchased for MUCH less than what Himiway charges.

When our Step-Thru arrived it was missing the box of parts needed to assemble it. It took our credit card company intervention issuing us a credit to get Himiway, still some 36 days later to mail us a replacement box.

What we discovered is Himiway has NO actual US presence. The "HELP" phone number goes to a warehouse. They cannot and/or will not help you. When you try to actually find someone is the US, you won't. They are all in China. Their emails are poorly written and make little sense. The ONLY people they have in the US is a few warehouse employees.

All I'm saying is BUYER BEWARE. Unless they make big changes to their "after purchase support" I cannot recommend a Himiway to anyone.
Thanks for sharing your experience here.
Glad to know you have received your replacement box although it takes a long time. Sorry for this inconvenience and bad shopping experience.
We are trying to improve our customer service. We will not maliciously eliminate bad reviews, only leave good reviews to deceive customers on Facebook. We will answer questions and try our best to solve the problems when we see customer reviews.
Our company has Americans and Chinese. The'Help' phone number provides some simple service and some inquiries need email confirmation. Oral conversations are not convenient to execute. We need to archive emails for review and follow-up questions. Hope you could understand :)

Great ride today to the Little Red Lighthouse in New York City. Peddled all the way with battery assist in low voltage which I adjusted down in the controller menu. Complete distance was about 25 miles and battery still read full at end of day. So far great bike, but not a bike to choose if you do not like to get hands on adjusting things.

Attachments

• Himi and Red Lighthouse.jpg
    Himi and Red Lighthouse.jpg
    711.9 KB · Views: 262
It is late November and I can now say that the functioning of my Himiway bike has been excellent for over 80 miles since a new motor was installed. Himiway paid a local bike shop's bill for installation and the shipping costs to return the failed part. Communications with Customer Service have been much better. I am hauling the bike south for the winter and will run it a lot, with hopes that I finally received the e-bike I had hoped for. 😎🤞
Now mid-January and over 170 miles of amazing riding, albeit in the “flats” of southern Florida. Every trip out I gain more appreciation for the comfort and easy performance I had imagined when I placed my initial order. Some off-road riding but not very technical in terrain or altitude. Just keeps making me smile. 😎

Greetings, does anyone know if I can replace the stock tires on the Himiway Cruiser with 26 X 4.8 tires? It comes with 26 X 4.0. I don't know if the tires would be too wide for the fork.

MISLEADING SHIPPING, $120 UNSHIPPED CANCEL FEE, CHARGES WARRANTEE SHIPPING

Himiway Shipping policy clearly states "we promise 2 day shipping and 2-7 day delivery from the warehouse to address". Product page: Shipping time within 1 week. Not true. You will get a tracking number with 2 weeks that will not be scanned for weeks. They stock-pile orders until they have "trailer loads" of bikes to dump at FedEx all at once that takes weeks for FedEx to process and ship. 4-6 WEEKS AT BEST, MOST PEOPLE CLAIM 2-4 MONTHS WITH ENDLESS EXCUSES. If you can get a response they make vague excuses why they haven't provided a tracking number or it doesn't show movement, common excuse is to blame FedEx even though FedEx has not received the shipment.

RESPONSE FROM HIMIWAY ABOUT SHIPPING: Under normal circumstances, we will send it out from CA within a week, and we will create the shipping label first (only when the label is created and could be sent to FedEx to ship) we send hundreds of bikes at the same time, we use several trucks to load the bikes at the same time and send the bikes to the FedEx SITE. This will take a few days, so we will say that it will take about 3-10 days to update the tracking info, but once the package has been scanned and start to be transited, then the package will be normal as usual to be delivered. 4-6 weeks is a general time.

Last edited:
I have had a similar experience with Himiway. Their Facebook page is total BS. There is very little truth. Anything even moderately derogatory about the almighty Himiway is NEVER allowed on the page or deleted quickly.

Fortunately I have found sources on these pages where anything that breaks on the Himiway (including the battery, power unit, etc.) can be purchased for MUCH less than what Himiway charges.

When our Step-Thru arrived it was missing the box of parts needed to assemble it. It took our credit card company intervention issuing us a credit to get Himiway, still some 36 days later to mail us a replacement box.

What we discovered is Himiway has NO actual US presence. The "HELP" phone number goes to a warehouse. They cannot and/or will not help you. When you try to actually find someone is the US, you won't. They are all in China. Their emails are poorly written and make little sense. The ONLY people they have in the US is a few warehouse employees.

All I'm saying is BUYER BEWARE. Unless they make big changes to their "after purchase support" I cannot recommend a Himiway to anyone.
I have the same problem . The bike just stopped working shortly after I got it so I ran through all of the known troubleshooting tips. I emailed them per their directions for the warranty and they said you must send the video of the issue so I did that I’ve never heard back and I email them once a week it’s been eight weeks. It is a Chinese company and they have nothing more than a freight forwarding warehouse here in the United States

Hi

Himiway is refusing to change my battery under my 2 year warranty. They are blaming it to poor maintenance. They have also just blocked me on Facebook for requesting help and asking other owners if hey had experienced the same issue. Eric has been helpless from China and only pushing to purchase a new battery rather than exchange it. Buyers be aware of good reviews, they are super filtered.
I am not sure if Eric is even real of an algorithm. He answered me once . My bike is under warranty - and just stopped working . I did everything in his instructions including you have to video all the test that you’re doing on the bike and send it to him and he’s never responded.

I am not sure if Eric is even real of an algorithm. He answered me once . My bike is under warranty - and just stopped working . I did everything in his instructions including you have to video all the test that you’re doing on the bike and send it to him and he’s never responded.
I’m sorry you had such an unpleasant experience. Would you mind give us your Himiway Order Number? So I will inform our After-Sales Team to contact you ASAP! Or would mind resend us an email to [email protected]
We will always be willing to solve your problem.

Purchased a Himiway bike for my wife for Christmas. On her second ride the bike shutdown on a communications error (code 30). Talked with support and they said to check the connection in the communications cable near the sprocket. No luck. Also, this bike has significant power, but it is not very well managed. My wife is having trouble controlling the bike because even the lowest gear (1) results in a significant acceleration when used. Looking for others with experience with these bikes and to find out if there is a solution to the error code. They are telling me to take it to a shop, but I'm in NW Montana and there are no Himiway specific shops anywhere close.

Thinkering Turtle on Youtube. Very good videos on settings for the pedal, throttle assist, and many other features.

I purchased a Himiway on Sept 2020 and by no fault of the dealer, it was stolen from the shipper's warehouse in Chino California. After figuring out that my new e-bike was not going to be delivered and it was stolen, EBC sent me a replacement, however, I ordered a step-thru and the only replacement they had was the cruiser. Finally, in Jan 2021 my Himiway showed up. The box was saturated in oil, I reported it and then I put it together without any problems. I then test rode it and found out that the forks were making a crunching noise, and the bike had an acceleration problem like the first guy complained of. Well, I reported the oil and fork problem and within 3 weeks Himiway sent me a replacement fork. I installed it without much effort, then tested it again. It worked smoothly and all but the extreme acceleration was fixed. I downloaded a copy of the controller and display manual and reset the pedal-assist to 1-7. This helped with the violence accelerating and made it reasonable to ride. I really love this Himiway e-bike but I wish that I had waited for a Step-Thru model. I am 76 years old with replaced knees and bad hips which almost make it impossible to get on the seat without a stool. I have also purchased Bolton hydraulic disc brakes and replaced the throttle with a thumb throttle. Sure is easier to ride without arthritis pain in the wrist and it stops much faster now. If anyone out there would like to swap a Step-thru for a Cruiser, let me know.

I purchased a Himiway on Sept 2020 and by no fault of the dealer, it was stolen from the shipper's warehouse in Chino California. After figuring out that my new e-bike was not going to be delivered and it was stolen, EBC sent me a replacement, however, I ordered a step-thru and the only replacement they had was the cruiser. Finally, in Jan 2021 my Himiway showed up. The box was saturated in oil, I reported it and then I put it together without any problems. I then test rode it and found out that the forks were making a crunching noise, and the bike had an acceleration problem like the first guy complained of. Well, I reported the oil and fork problem and within 3 weeks Himiway sent me a replacement fork. I installed it without much effort, then tested it again. It worked smoothly and all but the extreme acceleration was fixed. I downloaded a copy of the controller and display manual and reset the pedal-assist to 1-7. This helped with the violence accelerating and made it reasonable to ride. I really love this Himiway e-bike but I wish that I had waited for a Step-Thru model. I am 76 years old with replaced knees and bad hips which almost make it impossible to get on the seat without a stool. I have also purchased Bolton hydraulic disc brakes and replaced the throttle with a thumb throttle. Sure is easier to ride without arthritis pain in the wrist and it stops much faster now. If anyone out there would like to swap a Step-thru for a Cruiser, let me know.
Watch the videos I suggested on YouTube. You’ll learn the settings for acceleration

To be honest, i wouldn’t buy it again. :(
the service is very unreliable, we never know what's going on and they always reply with a generic answer.

Since the delivery (that was late) up until now that i've a problem on the throttle and i don't know if someone is looking into the video i sent.
i'm a bit worried about eventual future problems in my bike and that kinda kills the vibe :/

They tell you that you have to send a video before they will help you. It appears to be a technique to stall the process . They won’t write you back. You have to send them a email each day with the video attached each time for a few weeks then “ Eric” which is likely a algorithm will finally answer you. Then he may send you a $10 throttle a month later . They are really missing a business opportunity by not having a part house in the United States and Europe . If they just simply said will send you the throttle and it’ll take 30 days for free or you can have it sent in seven days for $20 everyone’s going to take the $20 but you don’t get any options. My PAS sensor finally came after months it’s about a $14 part in the USA. If you follow the themes here the old adage “if it seems too good to be true it is” I feel like such a sucker. I wish I had found electric bikes review blog long before I bought it. That said, people really pull together on this blog and someone may be able to find you the throttle because Himiway just uses many many sources of parts to put these bikes together and so many of the parts can be found on eBay under different manufacturer name. There under $20 on eBay so maybe someone will see this and find you the replacement throttle under a different part name.

To be honest, i wouldn’t buy it again. :(
the service is very unreliable, we never know what's going on and they always reply with a generic answer.

Since the delivery (that was late) up until now that i've a problem on the throttle and i don't know if someone is looking into the video i sent.
i'm a bit worried about eventual future problems in my bike and that kinda kills the vibe :/
I'm curious where was your bike shipped from and to what country?

Greetings, does anyone know if I can replace the stock tires on the Himiway Cruiser with 26 X 4.8 tires? It comes with 26 X 4.0. I don't know if the tires would be too wide for the fork.
Those are considerably wider tires, you would need to measure the from forks and rear wheel area to see if they would clear.

I service bikes and help out people in my neighborhood. Are people having problems with Himiway batteries?

Back