Known Issues & Problems with Frey Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

And once you stop pedaling the throttle disengages? Even if not, I would still not buy a bike with a "partial" throttle...
Once you're moving the throttle is fully engaged, and by all accounts it engages power quickly anyway, but from standstill you do risk the chance of ripping through you're cassette with the power provided, the chain can slip wearing the teeth away, especially on the smaller cogs. Rolling a bit negates some of the risk. Saying that. I asked Frey if Throttle from standstill could be enabled for me and was told this wasn't a problem.

Once you're moving the throttle is fully engaged, and by all accounts it engages power quickly anyway, but from standstill you do risk the chance of ripping through you're cassette with the power provided, the chain can slip wearing the teeth away, especially on the smaller cogs. Rolling a bit negates some of the risk. Saying that. I asked Frey if Throttle from standstill could be enabled for me and was told this wasn't a problem.

So you ordered yours with the throttle enabled?

I ordered the bike "as is" (throttle disabled) because I didn't know about it at the time, but then I read reports on various forums/facebook and emailed Frey about this and asked if mine could be enabled before they ship it to me. I was told this would be no problem. So, I hope it turns up enabled, but ultimately I will have to check when it arrives.

So quick update from me, bit of back story I had an old bafang home made bike and it had throttle from standstill and I like it, to help get started now and again and especially on pulling out of busy junctions etc. I got the programming cable with mine, just to turn on that really. I mentioned earlier and it’s was pointed out you need different firmware to achieve this, when I posted the question I also email Frey, and the other guy on Facebook . Frey have sent me a link to a update file, which I’ve just installed and it’s all sorted, throttle from standstill. I know you can request this on your order, so you don’t have to do it yourself, buf for me its handy now, if I want to turn it off or mess about with settings etc in the future.

ok, now i just have to decide what color and what add ons! Torn between the Red, Matt Black and Creme!
My "Mellow Yellow" arrived. Assembling it together today.

Attachments

• MyBike1.jpg
    MyBike1.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 348
Thanks for that, I’ve dropped him an email, this also means I wasn’t making a mess of the programming, it’s a firmware update. Hopefully he will reply and I can get it sorted
I am currently traveling till October 22 and have limited access to my Frey email account and the file. Please ask Ivy and her team to send it to you. Sorry for the inconvenience..

ok, now i just have to decide what color and what add ons! Torn between the Red, Matt Black and Creme!
All the colors are beautiful ,either way you cannot lose. the candy red is my favorite
The rear rack looks to be very useful and looks good on all the CC's that I seen. Lights . either way enjoy

I believe you need a different firmware to enable throttle from zero...It cannot be done with the stock firmware.

I was reading reports online about this and e-mailed Cecilia about having throttle from zero enabled from factory. She said at the time it was no problem. So hopefully it gets done but I won't really know until it arrives.

From what I can gather, Frey don't really want to share this file, but there is a Frey "brand ambassador" who has helped others with this ([email protected]), although no doubt you do it all at your own risk.

This FB thread has more info https://www.facebook.com/groups/257350408708195/permalink/268662317577004
I have bought the cable from Amazon for my ultra motor and I got the firmware [email protected] I have the Frey cc my bike now can go from a stand still, he will help you

I have bought the cable from Amazon for my ultra motor and I got the firmware [email protected] I have the Frey cc my bike now can go from a stand still, he will help you
So Dra, how do you like your CC so far. There aren't a lot of reviews other than Micahs on EBR, Tom on this forum and Simon with Adrenaline across the pond. I would love to hear more reports. I just placed my order last week...

Guys I have built the bike but when tightening up the front wheel the grub screws on the disc dig into the fork and then the wheel wont spin? Any ideas

Ta

Attachments

• 1a.jpeg
    1a.jpeg
    242.3 KB · Views: 302
  • 1b.jpeg
    1b.jpeg
    206.5 KB · Views: 302
  • 1c.jpeg
    1c.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 329
Back