Known Issues & Problems with Addmotor Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Hello, I’m hoping someone will be able to help me out. I have purchased a 500wt, 48v10 Addmotor bike in Feb 2017 and have problems with the motor cutting out and surging. The battery is full.
This problem has made the bike completely unusable. I contacted Addmotor support but had a very difficult time with them understanding the problem. I thought it may have been a battery issue. They did finally ship me a new battery, how every it did not correct the problem. The whole process what so exhausting I decided not to pursue the issue. It’s shame I have a +$2000 bike sitting in my garage. I’m glad I found this form my hope is I can finally either fix the bike or trade out for a bike that works. BTW, the bike has under 20miles of use 10 months later.

Hello, I’m hoping someone will be able to help me out. I have purchased a 500wt, 48v10 Addmotor bike in Feb 2017 and have problems with the motor cutting out and surging. The battery is full.
This problem has made the bike completely unusable. I contacted Addmotor support but had a very difficult time with them understanding the problem. I thought it may have been a battery issue. They did finally ship me a new battery, how every it did not correct the problem. The whole process what so exhausting I decided not to pursue the issue. It’s shame I have a +$2000 bike sitting in my garage. I’m glad I found this form my hope is I can finally either fix the bike or trade out for a bike that works. BTW, the bike has under 20miles of use 10 months later.

Our bike had the same problem. Turned out to be an easy fix, swapped out the throttle and all is well.

Thanks for your comments. Where would I find a new throttle ? I also have an email into the support team. Hopefully they’ll have someone that can respond effectively.

Our bike had the same problem. Turned out to be an easy fix, swapped out the throttle and all is well.
Just a note to say Addmotor was not that great about replacing the throttle but finally got one many weeks later from China, I ordered one through Amazon that was thumb style and it worked great.

Thanks for your comments. Where would I find a new throttle ? I also have an email into the support team. Hopefully they’ll have someone that can respond effectively.
Just a note to say Addmotor was not that great about replacing the throttle but finally got one many weeks later from China, I ordered one through Amazon that was thumb style and it worked great

Universal 7/8'' Thumb Throttle Assembly For E-Bike Electric Bike Scooter 3 Wires

I have been having the same problem as others in this forum - engine cuts out and is useless after about 30 minutes of usage. Need to turn off and on and then only works if nursed in mode 1 and even then cuts out frequently. Once the motor stops working the bike is basically a heavy rock and unmovable. I have the Motan 2017 model. Its very disappointing quality problem.

I have been having the same problem as others in this forum - engine cuts out and is useless after about 30 minutes of usage. Need to turn off and on and then only works if nursed in mode 1 and even then cuts out frequently. Once the motor stops working the bike is basically a heavy rock and unmovable. I have the Motan 2017 model. Its very disappointing quality problem.

Hi Yamanote,

The motor is not the problem in the most cases. It is more likely that there is a lose wire, or a problem with the controller or battery. Have you already contacted our customer service for help?

Im a totally disinterested third party, as I dont own an Addmotor product, but from the outside looking in the responses made here on this forum to complaints about Addmotor product support are a nice “publicity face” made to look like they are being responsive but the real litmus-test warranty and support wise is how issues are being dealt with off-board.

In other words, forum responses by the sellers are just PR.

What is happening consumer to seller away from the public eye is the important thing. Any real world input (from consumers) about their actual experiences with warranty RESOLUTION are really all that matters.

Hi,
I have the Hithop h2 fat tire ebike (tde18) not from addmotor but bought direct from the Chinese manufacturer, ezbikes as I live in Australia. The bike has been great, love it! I have been getting alot of use out of it. However this last week the motor has been cutting out, the computer contoller is still on but no power is going to motor. To fix it I have to take out the battery and put it back in, (turning it on and off with the key does not work). I thought it may have been a battery connection issue as it is fixed when the battery is put back in, the battery and bike housing does not sit flush so I thought maybe the battery / bike conector pins but after reading the forum it sounds like it could be the brake sensor? Maybe taking the battery out is resetting it? The issue occurs at random and not after brakes have been applied. Could this be a brake sensor issue or something else? Anyone been having this issue?

Hi RIck_Jo,
Addmotor is a trustworthy manufacturer of products good quality.
Addmotor HitHot H2 fat tire e bike with special design and provides good technical support.
Addmotor's bikes have some differences in personality and function to the EZbike.
It's a pity that we can not help you to solve this problem.
Please contact EZbike's technical support team and ask for their help.
Best Regards.
Addmotor

Thanks for your reply Addmotor, appreciated.
Yes for the price my bike is of good quality, I love my bike and I would love more to keep it going.
If I may reply to your comment without sounding rude. Your bikes are that of the EZbike FUJIANG VEHICLE company of the JiangSu Province, China so to claim you are the manufacture is a bit of a stretch. Is Addmotor owned by FUJIANG VEHICLE? If not, putting a sticker on a product does not make you the manufacture. An iPhone is still an iPhone even when bought from a different distributor. Do you redo all of the wiring that comes with the bikes from EZbike?
I have contacted FUJIANG VEHICLE but as yet have not had a reply. Do you have a reliable contact at the Changzhou FUJIANG VEHICLE Co I could get in touch with?

Hi RIck_Jo,
Thanks for your message.
We are sorry to tell you and we don't know FUJIANG VEHICLE.
We have a similar bike frame as EZbike's.
Although we are from China,there will be difference to each other.
Because Addmotor company has his own factory and assembles some bike
accessories from other reliable and trustworthy manufacturer.
However,Addmotor company keeps designing for the controller box and the
electric system.
That makes difference in comparing other ebikes,but it is just special for
the Addmotor electric bikes.
Maybe you can contact EZbike technical support team from where you get the
bike or the other manufactures and ask for their help on Alibaba website.
Good luck to you.
Best Regards.
Addmotor

Im a totally disinterested third party, as I dont own an Addmotor product, but from the outside looking in the responses made here on this forum to complaints about Addmotor product support are a nice “publicity face” made to look like they are being responsive but the real litmus-test warranty and support wise is how issues are being dealt with off-board.

In other words, forum responses by the sellers are just PR.

What is happening consumer to seller away from the public eye is the important thing. Any real world input (from consumers) about their actual experiences with warranty RESOLUTION are really all that matters.

I agree with Gogogordy. The difference is I have an Addmotor bike, the M550-P7, purchased in March, 2018. The good thing I will say is that the bike appears to be very well made and I like it very much. It has entry level level components (which is to be expected at this price point) but they do operate properly and smoothly and I have had no problems with them, with the exception of the rear tire tube. And this is where the problem comes in with the company.

I let the air out of the tubes so I could install Slime (the operation went perfectly for the front tire) and when I went to add the Slime to the rear tire it would not go in (the schrader valve was removed), I thought, what the heck, and then tried adding air, that would not go in either. So I took a small drill bit and inserted it in the tube stem and it hit something hard at the bottom of the tube stem, it was not hitting the other side of the tube or the tire. I thought this is really weird and then inserted the drill bit in a pin vice and hand drilled through whatever was stopping the air flow. I was then able to add air and Slime. I then e-mailed the company telling them I had a defective tube and explained what occured. They e-mailed me back saying the tire is very tight on an e bike and very difficult to remove. They obviously did not have a clue as to what I told them so I wrote back saying the tube was defective and that I said nothing about the tire being hard to remove. They wrote back again and said the rear tube is different in an electric bike (a gross lie) and that it is working properly. After that response I realized that what Gogogordy said was true. This company is all mouth and no action and not very savvy about the product.

Another story: When I first got the bike I could not figure out how to reset the trip indicator (the provided "owners manual" is severely lacking any useful information) so I wrote Addmotor and asked how to do it, they said once the display was turned off and back on the trip meter would reset, not true. So I wrote them again saying that did not work, they then asked me to send them a video showing it not working. How ridiculous is that. So I sent the video and they write back telling me to hold the down arrow and mode button at the same time and that will do the reset, and it did. This company either makes you jump through hoops to get something done or says there is no problem. If I ever purchase another e bike it will not be from Addmotor. Why I did not go with RadPower is beyond me.

I agree with Gogogordy. The difference is I have an Addmotor bike, the M550-P7, purchased in March, 2018. The good thing I will say is that the bike appears to be very well made and I like it very much. It has entry level level components (which is to be expected at this price point) but they do operate properly and smoothly and I have had no problems with them, with the exception of the rear tire tube. And this is where the problem comes in with the company.

I let the air out of the tubes so I could install Slime (the operation went perfectly for the front tire) and when I went to add the Slime to the rear tire it would not go in (the schrader valve was removed), I thought, what the heck, and then tried adding air, that would not go in either. So I took a small drill bit and inserted it in the tube stem and it hit something hard at the bottom of the tube stem, it was not hitting the other side of the tube or the tire. I thought this is really weird and then inserted the drill bit in a pin vice and hand drilled through whatever was stopping the air flow. I was then able to add air and Slime. I then e-mailed the company telling them I had a defective tube and explained what occured. They e-mailed me back saying the tire is very tight on an e bike and very difficult to remove. They obviously did not have a clue as to what I told them so I wrote back saying the tube was defective and that I said nothing about the tire being hard to remove. They wrote back again and said the rear tube is different in an electric bike (a gross lie) and that it is working properly. After that response I realized that what Gogogordy said was true. This company is all mouth and no action and not very savvy about the product.

Another story: When I first got the bike I could not figure out how to reset the trip indicator (the provided "owners manual" is severely lacking any useful information) so I wrote Addmotor and asked how to do it, they said once the display was turned off and back on the trip meter would reset, not true. So I wrote them again saying that did not work, they then asked me to send them a video showing it not working. How ridiculous is that. So I sent the video and they write back telling me to hold the down arrow and mode button at the same time and that will do the reset, and it did. This company either makes you jump through hoops to get something done or says there is no problem. If I ever purchase another e bike it will not be from Addmotor. Why I did not go with RadPower is beyond me.

It's malicious comments left by competitors.
We are trustworthy manufacturer and high quality of products.
Addmotor designs and produces high quality and low budget ebikes,which leads to disatisfied with other competitors.
Addmotor company take charge of the bike after-sales and will help buyer to solve the problems once they have some trouble with Addmotor bike.
Warranty: Technologies 2 Years . Motor and Battery 1 Year Warranty.
We highly stressed that we won't take responsibility which it is broken after repairing without our permission.

It's malicious comments left by competitors.
We are trustworthy manufacturer and high quality of products.
Addmotor designs and produces high quality and low budget ebikes,which leads to disatisfied with other competitors.
Addmotor company take charge of the bike after-sales and will help buyer to solve the problems once they have some trouble with Addmotor bike.
Warranty: Technologies 2 Years . Motor and Battery 1 Year Warranty.
We highly stressed that we won't take responsibility which it is broken after repairing without our permission.

This is what I mean by this company does not take responsibility. I sent Addmotor my invoice number and bike serial number when I communicated with them. They know I am not a competitor. Addmotor does not help customers solve problems, they delay any real help and as I mentioned in my above post they actually lied about the "different tube" they say is used in the rear tire.

I would now recommend not buying anything from this company since they say I am a malicious competitor when, in fact, I own the bike mentioned above. The best thing they do is give excuses. They need a serious attitude adjustment.

This is what I mean by this company does not take responsibility. I sent Addmotor my invoice number and bike serial number when I communicated with them. They know I am not a competitor. Addmotor does not help customers solve problems, they delay any real help and as I mentioned in my above post they actually lied about the "different tube" they say is used in the rear tire.

I would now recommend not buying anything from this company since they say I am a malicious competitor when, in fact, I own the bike mentioned above. The best thing they do is give excuses. They need a serious attitude adjustment.

Hi Delta,
We couldn't find your order record according to your name.
We have directly sales Addmotor E-bike,and have many dealers,but we never heard this complain from them.

If you did purchased Addmotor bike and have any questions,please offer your order info.including the evidence
to our [email protected] or contact to the seller that you get the bike from.We will contact you immidiately to solve it.

Or we only considering you as a malicious competitor.

Hi Delta,
We couldn't find your order record according to your name.
We have directly sales Addmotor E-bike,and have many dealers,but we never heard this complain from them.

If you did purchased Addmotor bike and have any questions,please offer your order info.including the evidence
to our [email protected] or contact to the seller that you get the bike from.We will contact you immidiately to solve it.

Or we only considering you as a malicious competitor.

Thanks for your reply, sort of. The bike was purchased through Amazon on Mar. 13, 2018, order number 114-8314047-4887404. My name is Mark Makie. You received this information before when you questioned me on the LCD display question I had in March. I have already sent you the story on the defective tube to your support address and you wrote back two nonsensical replies, one about the tire being tight on the rim and the other about the tube being fine before I let the air out of it. What evidence could you possibly want besides the order number. All you do is make your customers jump through hoops to get any "customer service" from you. As far as your company is concerned any complaint about you is from a "malicious competitor". Believe me when I say you do not have to worry about "malicious competitors", your own actual customers are your problem, and that is a problem caused by you.

I have yet to add a review on Amazon but if your denial of responsibility to me and other customers continues you can expect a scathing review about your so-called customer service and false claims about how you stand behind your products.

I completely understand the frustration of the customers above. However, I don't think AddMotor is making customers jump through hoops just to jump through hoops. I think there is a language barrier between U.S. customers to Addmotor HQ/support(German?) to the factory in China. I'll explain through my own personal experience....

I purchased an AddMotor HitHot H1 through Amazon back in Feb. It did not work when it arrived. I emailed the support email that is listed above. They responded and I could tell there was a language barrier. They asked for a video so I shot a quick video and uploaded it to youtube and sent it to them. Once they saw the video, they quickly said my controller was bad and that they would send me another one.

Once the new controller came in, it looked the same... but was the wrong controller. It didn't have headlight wires coming out of it and it caused my display to read incorrectly(battery dead when it was fully charged, for example). More importantly, the bike still didn't work. I emailed them again. Again, the response was misunderstood and asked for a video. I sent another video and pictures of the original controller and the new one. They quickly responded and sent me the correct controller.

The new controller arrived and I installed it last night. I took the bike for a test ride and everything works great now. I'm looking forward to hopefully riding down to Seoul and back this weekend(70 miles round trip).

Would I have loved to have the bike functional upon arrival? Absolutely, as I bought it while I'm deployed to Korea to zip around all the mountains and hills daily, but a little patience(and walking in the meantime) and I've finally reached the desired endstate.

Like the saying goes, "A picture is worth a thousand words." It's a great world we live in where we can so easily send pictures and videos to resolve problems. Otherwise, the market would be confined to our local areas.

I would suggest that Addmotor get a more fluent English-speaking customer service rep if they are going to continue to market and sell their product in the U.S. as I think that would help them minimize the confusion with the customers and ultimately help them in the long run.

Back