Knobby tire and derailleur replacement

thinhtien

Hi all, things have gone pretty well for my Lectric XP. Received in December 2019 and apart from a bent dropout from shipping and a broken brake cable have been able to ride 2k enjoyable miles. Misfortune struck this weekend and I managed to snap the derailleur in half doing some trails. Will any replacement derailleur in a bike shop work or do I need something specific? All the knobs on the back tire are pretty much gone down the middle so time to get that replaced. Does anyone have any model tire they would recommend. I want to keep a trail tire as I ride those as well. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi all, things have gone pretty well for my Lectric XP. Received in December 2019 and apart from a bent dropout from shipping and a broken brake cable have been able to ride 2k enjoyable miles. Misfortune struck this weekend and I managed to snap the derailleur in half doing some trails. Will any replacement derailleur in a bike shop work or do I need something specific? All the knobs on the back tire are pretty much gone down the middle so time to get that replaced. Does anyone have any model tire they would recommend. I want to keep a trail tire as I ride those as well. Thanks in advance for any help.
I replaced me tires at 2300km with Kenda. They are equivalent. The derailleur is a schimano tourney that is under$20 on AliExpress or Amazon. Its cheap and works well although somewhat clunky..I bought an extra just in case..

Last edited:
The Vee Speedsters 20x4 should be great cross over tires. Fast rolling for the road, and decent for trails. They are definitely what i will be buying once the stocks give out.

I have the Panaracer Gravel Kings on my hybrid and they are trail crushers, and these are very similar tread. Granted you wont be scaling any mountains with either.

The Vee Speedsters 20x4 should be great cross over tires. Fast rolling for the road, and decent for trails. They are definitely what i will be buying once the stocks give out.

I have the Panaracer Gravel Kings on my hybrid and they are trail crushers, and these are very similar tread. Granted you wont be scaling any mountains with either.

Those Vee Speedsters look awesome. I will def. get those as well once the stocks give out. A lot of the road buzz will go away i suspect.

Those Vee Speedsters look awesome. I will def. get those as well once the stocks give out. A lot of the road buzz will go away i suspect.

Special mention for these bad boys....

They do them in a white wall variant!!! A YouTuber has them on his XP. So badass.

Last edited:

You can upgrade your derailleur to Altus or Acera, only about 10 bucks more than the Tourney. It has better reviews, more durable, precise shifting and lighter than Tourney. Will be changing mine soon.

Back