Kiox or battery error?

Xbexlab

Region
United Kingdom
Hi I have an on going issue with my new Haibike s duro 8. I have had the 2 nd range extender fitted as a piggy back battery by the dealer.

After 2 miles the bike loses its power and the kiox seems to cycle searching for battery power. It find both batteries then I get around 2 seconds of power before it goes dead and kiox seems to cycle to find batteries again. This just repeats its cycle continuously. The only way to keep peddling is to completely remove the power tube battery and carry it home whilst peddling using the piggy back extra battery. I have had a new tube battery under warranty (bikes 3 months old) but I have the same fault . Local dealers don’t seem to have a clue and were quick to replace the battery as a solution. Not sure I have ever peddled it without the piggy back battery on the bike. Any experience of this please? Thanks
8322FC63-8704-4E8C-AB96-E7BBA3717580.jpeg

Sounds like something isn't right with the range extender setup ...

Can you ride the bike with just the powertube if you remove the power pack before turning the bike on?

I would take it to the dealer that set it up and have them double check all the connections and ensure both batteries and the drive unit are on the latest firmware.

Thanks. It worked fine for the first ride after the new frame battery last week. Has a service a few weeks ago so would hope that firmware was updated and checked but will ask. It’s only since yesterday now I don’t seem to able to ride with the frame battery alone. We are wondering if the range extender battery is the primary and if that is correct? Unsure if as it seems to fault at 95% if that’s the point that it switches batteries if that’s how it works.

My understanding is that, yes the range extender system pulls 5% then switches batteries so the 2 batteries always remain within 5% of the same charge. Is there a chance you're starting off with the batteries at different states of charge?

Might be worth pulling each battery, resetting them (hold the power button in for 30 sec), and fully charge each one off the bike. Then at least you're starting off in a known good state as far as the batteries are concerned.

@William - Bosch Team , other than taking it to a competent dealer is there any other troubleshooting Xberlab can do first?

If is under warranty, it is a Bosch problem or perhaps a haibike problem. Waste no time trying to do it yourself and get the bike into a good Bosch shop for diagnostics and repair, we can only guess from a number of things it might be, all of which will need attention in the shop anyway. Just take your bike in to the dealer you bought if from. There have been man issues reported lately with pinched or malfunctioning wire harnesses, which for me would be the prime suspect.

Thanks all. Dealer hasn’t got time to look at it until the 25/5! Guess I’ll just have to wait again. Lets hope they don’t need to get parts etc after that date too.

Back