Kickstand jack or handlebar jack or handlebar extensions?

Great question. Seems like you are aware that only under a very limited series of circumstances can you turn it upside down-- e.g., if the bike is dry, if you can remove the controller, lights, thumb switch near the hand grips, etc.

I thought to myself, "Someone must have considered, and solved, this problem," and tried a variety of unusual search terms...

And voila! I discovered The Original Handlebar Jack Portable Repair Stand. Have I tried it myself? Well, no... but for 30 clams, someone should, or maybe someone here already has and will weigh in. About $35 on Amazon, doesn't weigh much.

I feel your pain r.e. a similar issue, because right now I'm trying to balance my bike on a cinderblock to do some basic derailleur adjustments.

Which is a stupid idea, the kind of idea that a smarter man would think of, chuckle at, and promptly forget.

I am awaiting the day that I get a flat 15 or 20 miles from home and actually have to try to use the injectable goop I keep in my tiny road bag. I can guarantee right now that it won't work. I won't even be able to read the instructions, they are printed in about a 50 point font.

I have slime in my tubes now on some kendas, I've gotten about 1000 miles and no flats. Tires are balding and I ordered new ones. Going to put Tannus armor, and flat out in new tubes. I just received a 48v25ah and have a backup 48v16ah so I'll be taking some long trips and need to be prepared for flats. Dont want to buy just to try. This ebiking is expensive haha and of course I'm looking at another bike. Also I am 38 and relatively fit so flipping a 70lb ebike is not an issue. Thanks for the replies.

In a pinch, there's always the possibility of laying the bike over on it's side....

$35🙉
We simply crafted out of wood. The eBike doesn’t know the difference. I’m not cheap but I can’t pay for something easily crafted in wood.
The anal retentive could paint it.

I'm a huge fan of the Handlebar Jacks, use them all of the time on my +70lb Rad Rover. Thankfully I've not had to change a flat yet while riding (using FlatOut), I use them doing maintenance in my garage but always carry them. Small, lightweight, reliable, overall very clever and effective and no worries about termites. ;)

$35🙉
We simply crafted out of wood. The eBike doesn’t know the difference. I’m not cheap but I can’t pay for something easily crafted in wood.
The anal retentive could paint it.
Are you talking handlebar jack stand? I can see how a set could be easily made out of wood but not how they could be as compact as as the little folding ones in order to not take up a lot of room in the bike trunk bag. Maybe a picture would help?

Thinking of going with handlebar jack. I like the fact the kickstand jack is already attached, but will a fat tire interfere? How stable are they? Anyone with a kickstand jack on a fat tire?

Thinking of going with handlebar jack. I like the fact the kickstand jack is already attached, but will a fat tire interfere? How stable are they? Anyone with a kickstand jack on a fat tire?
I've only removed the rear wheel on my Rad Rover once to fix a flat and I used the handlebar jacks with the bike upside down which was not too difficult to do. It would seem to me that it would be harder to do if the bike was not upside down but I don't know for sure.

I've only removed the rear wheel on my Rad Rover once to fix a flat and I used the handlebar jacks with the bike upside down which was not too difficult to do. It would seem to me that it would be harder to do if the bike was not upside down but I don't know for sure.
Agreed, that's why I wanted to hear from someone with the kickstand jack. Handlebar jack seems to be the choice unless someone knows better.

Agreed, that's why I wanted to hear from someone with the kickstand jack. Handlebar jack seems to be the choice unless someone knows better.
I added extensions to take the weight off my palms and shoulders while riding.
As a side benefit., I now have built in handle bar stands.

BTW the best way, I have found, to turn over a heavy ebike, is to pop a wheelie, while standing beside the bike, (must have a throttle), and let the bike rotate on it's rear wheel . Use the brake to allow the bike to settle on it's seat, without ever having to lift the bike off the ground. Same procedure in reverse, to stand the bike up, using the brake to control the weight.
IMG_0759.JPG

I added extensions to take the weight off my palms and shoulders while riding.
As a side benefit., I now have built in handle bar stands.

BTW the best way, I have found, to turn over a heavy ebike, is to pop a wheelie, while standing beside the bike, (must have a throttle), and let the bike rotate on it's rear wheel . Use the brake to allow the bike to settle on it's seat, without ever having to lift the bike off the ground. Same procedure in reverse, to stand the bike up, using the brake to control the weight.
View attachment 125179
You don’t need a throttle for that just hold the rear brake lever and pull back I use this method to get my bike hanging on public transport

I just flip it over and balance it on the tips of my Ergon GP3's :D

The bar ends/bull bars of the GP3's stick up far enough to protect the screen and other controls when the bike is inverted. My handlebars are almost 800 wide so it balances pretty well.

The bar ends/bull bars of the GP3's stick up far enough to protect the screen and other controls when the bike is inverted. My handlebars are almost 800 wide so it balances pretty well.
I was thinking of getting these or similar anyway. I didn't think of that added advantage. That's why it's good to post, thanks ebr at its best. Hopefully it works that way with my bike as well.

Nice. Anyplace in the USA these can be ordered? Would need the ergon gp3 nexus/rohloff as my Rad Rover has a twist throttle.

Nice. Anyplace in the USA these can be ordered? Would need the ergon gp3 nexus/rohloff as my Rad Rover has a twist throttle.
I'm in the UK so not 100% on US retailers but Chain Reaction Cycles have the Nexus/Rohloff version available. It's the only version in stock on the UK version of the Chain Reaction cycles website, but it may show different stock for you guys based in the US.

Might also be worth checking out the Ergon GP4's, they're full length bull bars so even more clearance for your screen and bits. The GP3's are smaller - but worked fine for me. I prefered the smaller look too tbh.

Back