Kickstand jack or handlebar jack or handlebar extensions?

I was thinking of getting these or similar anyway. I didn't think of that added advantage. That's why it's good to post, thanks ebr at its best. Hopefully it works that way with my bike as well.
You're welcome!
BTW my extensions cost $15 vs $50 for ergos.
I just flip it over and balance it on the tips of my Ergon GP3's :D

The bar ends/bull bars of the GP3's stick up far enough to protect the screen and other controls when the bike is inverted. My handlebars are almost 800 wide so it balances pretty well.
Ah yeah , like I already said .

I'm in the UK so not 100% on US retailers but Chain Reaction Cycles have the Nexus/Rohloff version available. It's the only version in stock on the UK version of the Chain Reaction cycles website, but it may show different stock for you guys based in the US.

Might also be worth checking out the Ergon GP4's, they're full length bull bars so even more clearance for your screen and bits. The GP3's are smaller - but worked fine for me. I prefered the smaller look too tbh.
Thanks. I like the 3's better plus I think my mirror is high enough to clear them.

I'm in the UK so not 100% on US retailers but Chain Reaction Cycles have the Nexus/Rohloff version available. It's the only version in stock on the UK version of the Chain Reaction cycles website, but it may show different stock for you guys based in the US.

Might also be worth checking out the Ergon GP4's, they're full length bull bars so even more clearance for your screen and bits. The GP3's are smaller - but worked fine for me. I prefered the smaller look too tbh.
I was looking at the gp4 and gp5 also, but don't want them to be cumbersome when off road on trail between trees. So not sure yet.

You're welcome!

Haha yes thank you as well
You're welcome!

Haha yes thank you as well. Martsebike named ergon grips which is one I was already looking at. So it resonated more, versus an obscure pick of bars I couldn't look up, but touche good sir.

Haha yes thank you as well
Haha yes thank you as well. Martsebike named ergon grips which is one I was already looking at. So it resonated more, versus an obscure pick of bars I couldn't look up, but touche good sir.
You show good judgement with that recognition. My bars are just standard extensions found everywhere online.

Last edited:
Are you talking handlebar jack stand? I can see how a set could be easily made out of wood but not how they could be as compact as as the little folding ones in order to not take up a lot of room in the bike trunk bag. Maybe a picture would help?
My best buddy was a cabinet maker. I’m sorry I should’ve been more descriptive. I don’t carry tools. We use stands in the shop. I also have a Park work stand.

I won’t ever fix a tire away from his shop.

The stands look great. I imagine I’d have a pair were I a long dis

Another grips question. How important is it to have a shortened right grip when you have a throttle? Would these work good even if the right grip stuck out a little further than the stock grip?

I was looking at the gp4 and gp5 also, but don't want them to be cumbersome when off road on trail between trees. So not sure yet.
I've had GP3's and 4's and you do get the odd snag, thorny vines that are as tough as ship rope are a favorite ;) but they come into their own on the longer rides. It's nice to have two hand positions to use.

Another grips question. How important is it to have a shortened right grip when you have a throttle? Would these work good even if the right grip stuck out a little further than the stock grip?
If you can still reach all the controls you're good to go, but I wouldn't really want anything sticking out further than the width of the handlebars themselves. You need that support under it.

The grips on your link have the bull bars formed into the grip, so you can't independently adjust them. This might be an issue if you want to use these during tyre changes (turning bike over onto tips)..

Ones like these might work better if you can adapt your current grips to make them fit... https://www.amazon.com/Yosoo-Health...54441794&sprefix=bull+bars+bik,aps,157&sr=8-4

I assume you have a twist throttle?
These would not secure properly if not pushed all the way onto the handlebar.
Notice they have a locking screw on both ends.

I assume you have a twist throttle?
These would not secure properly if not pushed all the way onto the handlebar.
Notice they have a locking screw on both ends.
Thanks. Yes to the throttle. That's kind of what I thought. I was thinking if they were stiff enough the inner lock would be enough.

If you're going to use just one lock, I would use the end one and cut the inside of the extension to fit on the handle bar .

If you're going to use just one lock, I would use the end one and cut the inside of the extension to fit on the handle bar .
Good idea but hopefully won't need to as another forum member has a used set of GP3 with the short right grip I think she's willing to sell me.

I got the set Kyle Chittuck vends, they have been pretty useless.Would probably work pretty good on a stock or near stock bike with MTB handlebars, not so much on the cruisers I mess with, the main reason is the handle bars profile.

Great question. Seems like you are aware that only under a very limited series of circumstances can you turn it upside down-- e.g., if the bike is dry, if you can remove the controller, lights, thumb switch near the hand grips, etc.
I deleted my display. Bunch of useless numbers anyway. I turn my bike upside down frequently. Rests on the seat & the handlebar. Without tools or supplies in pannier my bike weighs 83 lb.

Last edited:
Nice. Anyplace in the USA these can be ordered? Would need the ergon gp3 nexus/rohloff as my Rad Rover has a twist throttle.
I bought my directly from the Ergon website, when you find the grip you want you can select the variant (e.g. Rohloff/Nexus for Rad Owners == one regular, one short grip). They shipped from California iirc and were sent promptly.

Back