Just picked up my 2021 Vado 5 SL. What a beauty!

Guys, all I can say is wow! I stopped for gas on way home and got this pic of the Vado 5 coming back from the bike shop yesterday. You can still see the inventory tag on handlebar. On my first ride I turned the bike off and rode up the hill by my house like I always do which is fairly steep in parts. And the Vado 5 rode slightly better than my Specialized Sirius Elite even though my Elite is 10 lbs. lighter. Rode back down then hit the magic button and rode back up. Felt a little like Christopher Reeves and just what an old man needed. Told the manager of Keswick Bike that the next one you get, make it a demo and don’t let the sales guys sell it. After a customer rides it, just take their deposits and your order book should full in no time. These are hard to get and I just got lucky.

When I was at the bike shop yesterday wanted to add the Cirrus Cycles KINEKT 2.1 Aluminum Bike Seatpost with Suspension, Post 27.2 x 350 mm. Folks are raving about this post since it really smooths out rough terrain. The mechanic said they wouldn't be able to install since there is a wire feeding up the seat post powering the rear light. So sent in a request for an Amazon return. Cirrus Cycles reached out to me and said they have done hundreds of these and just requires a 1/4 holes drilled into the post. They were going to reach out to my LBS and detail how its done. That's good service. Bike will go in for a tune up in September and will schedule install for the new seatpost then.

I haven't had a whole lot of time to ride it yet but I know what it can do. I'll have a lot more miles with it next week when I'm on vacation at the New Jersey shore and will provide more of an update then. Still pinching myself.

new Vado 5 at Wawa.jpg

Last edited:
That's quite a beauty, and it was very fortunate that you could find an e-bike you wanted in stock!

Wishing you many happy miles on your new bike. Kind of like being a kid at Christmas again, isn't it.

Guys, all I can say is wow! I stopped for gas on way home and got this pic of the Vado 5 coming back from the bike shop yesterday. You can still see the inventory tag on handlebar. On my first ride I turned the bike off and rode up the hill by my house like I always do which is fairly steep in parts. And the Vado 5 rode slightly better than my Specialized Sirius Elite even though my Elite is 10 lbs. lighter. Rode back down then hit the magic button and rode back up. Felt a little like Christopher Reeves and just what an old man needed. Told the manager of Keswick Bike that the next one you get, make it a demo and don’t let the sales guys sell it. After a customer rides it, just take their deposits and your order book should full in no time. These are hard to get and I just got lucky.

When I was at the bike shop yesterday wanted to add the Cirrus Cycles KINEKT 2.1 Aluminum Bike Seatpost with Suspension, Post 27.2 x 350 mm. Folks are raving about this post since it really smooths out rough terrain. The mechanic said they wouldn't be able to install since there is a wire feeding up the seat post powering the rear light. So sent in a request for an Amazon return. Cirrus Cycles reached out to me and said they have done hundreds of these and just requires a 1/4 holes drilled into the post. They were going to reach out to my LBS and detail how its done. That's good service. Bike will go in for a tune up in September and will schedule install for the new seatpost then.

I haven't had a whole lot of time to ride it yet but I know what it can do. I'll have a lot more miles with it next week when I'm on vacation at the New Jersey shore and will provide more of an update then. Still pinching myself.

View attachment 61511
is it properly secured to the rack ? Looks like the bottom half could tilt back and forth...
What rack is that ?

Enjoy many glorious happy carbon free miles on your new machine !!

Thanks guys. I actually ordered the Vado back in Early June putting down a deposit of $2500. I knew what I wanted and the LBS tacked it on to 3 separate purchase orders and Specialized shipped one of them. He wasn't worried about getting stuck with any extra Vado's. The bike rack is a good one made by Hollywood and it's all aluminum. If you look closely you will see a black hand crank at the bottom next to the tire. That connects to a long threaded bolt that goes back to the hitch pin. On the end of the bolt is an oval eyelet the hitch pin goes through and when you crank it down, makes the hitch tight to the receiver hitch frame. No rattles.

Cable Dude,
Wow, that is one very pretty bike! It looks so sleek.
Did you intentionally get silver so it would match your Chevy Traverse? 😆😊

Regarding the Kinect: yes, Cirrus (or any skilled person with a drill) can modify the seat post. My Trek class one has the light mounted on the seat and I didn’t want to lose the light. Another member on these forums mentioned that Cirrus can drill a hole for the wire through the seat post. Yes, they charged me $25 at time of order but that’s ok. My husband is a master electrician so he connected the wires.

So glad I did! Not only do I have a fabulous seat post but the seat light makes me very visible on the road. I still get lots of compliments from other cyclists. And the customer service from Cirrus is fabulous. They are very informative and patiently answered all my questions.

Many wonderful miles to you.

The bike rack appears to be a regular bicycle rack rated at 35 lbs per bike. I use one very similar and have just towed my ebike at 49 lbs. with no problems. I’m keeping my fingers crossed and watch closely at the weld points. California type bike carriers are what is recommended to haul e-bikes. They are heavy and awkward, but the wheels fit into a track and the frame is secured. Cost is above $400.

View attachment 61511

That’s a really great looking bike. I just picked up the 4.0 eq model last week. Just hit 111 miles today. What an incredible bike. I also picked up the range extender and I love it. Congrats on your new bike.

Attachments

• 91C1A814-9580-4D7B-9C4A-37B04F14B7F9.jpeg
    91C1A814-9580-4D7B-9C4A-37B04F14B7F9.jpeg
    675.4 KB · Views: 471
Buckeye, that is a beauty just like mine! I didn't realize the Vado 4.0 came in white since it's not shown on Specialized website. And see you have a phone mount for your Mission Control App. It really looks good. I only have 55 miles on mine so far and wish it was more. I can go a lot further since hills don't give me any problems. Was riding at the NJ shore last week but had to keep my speed down since there was just too many people and that becomes dangerous.

My Vado going into the LBS next month week for a 100 mile tune up, Cirrus Cycles seat post, and a kickstand. Can you get a part number for the kickstand? I don't see it on their site.

Buckeye, that is a beauty just like mine! I didn't realize the Vado 4.0 came in white since it's not shown on Specialized website. And see you have a phone mount for your Mission Control App. It really looks good. I only have 55 miles on mine so far and wish it was more. I can go a lot further since hills don't give me any problems. Was riding at the NJ shore last week but had to keep my speed down since there was just too many people and that becomes dangerous.

My Vado going into the LBS next month week for a 100 mile tune up, Cirrus Cycles seat post, and a kickstand. Can you get a part number for the kickstand? I don't see it on their site.

I went to the bike shop by me and they just got that color in. It’s called Dove Gray. They had one in my size that was supposed to be in route to their store. (I saw the medium and needed large). They also had 1 large in the blue color in stock so I paid for the blue one and left it at the store and the owner said let’s wait to see if the gray one comes in. It did the following Monday so he let me switch colors. It actually had a couple of extra bosses on the top frame mount for some reason compared to the blue color they had in stock as well. So that was a bonus plus I really liked the color. really happy with this bike.
Anyway, this looks to be the correct kickstand. I can try to look for a part number as well once I get home tonight.

I went to the bike shop by me and they just got that color in. It’s called Dove Gray. They had one in my size that was supposed to be in route to their store. (I saw the medium and needed large). They also had 1 large in the blue color in stock so I paid for the blue one and left it at the store and the owner said let’s wait to see if the gray one comes in. It did the following Monday so he let me switch colors. It actually had a couple of extra bosses on the top frame mount for some reason compared to the blue color they had in stock as well. So that was a bonus plus I really liked the color. really happy with this bike.
Anyway, this looks to be the correct kickstand. I can try to look for a part number as well once I get home tonight.
Buckeye, that's what I needed, thank-you.

Thanks guys. I actually ordered the Vado back in Early June putting down a deposit of $2500. I knew what I wanted and the LBS tacked it on to 3 separate purchase orders and Specialized shipped one of them. He wasn't worried about getting stuck with any extra Vado's. The bike rack is a good one made by Hollywood and it's all aluminum. If you look closely you will see a black hand crank at the bottom next to the tire. That connects to a long threaded bolt that goes back to the hitch pin. On the end of the bolt is an oval eyelet the hitch pin goes through and when you crank it down, makes the hitch tight to the receiver hitch frame. No rattles.
Nice bike indeed. Way to go with an all aluminum which looks solid and I would think very lightweight. Nice setup. Hope to see more reviews. I also like the stealthy motor design with the in tube battery. Happy rides ahead! 🤣

Buckeye, that's what I needed, thank-you.
Buckeye, anyone with a brand new Vado should start their own thread and have the visibility you deserve. This is the spot to Introduce yourself to the group and show off the new bike. It won't be seen buried in my thread.

Buckeye, anyone with a brand new Vado should start their own thread and have the visibility you deserve. This is the spot to Introduce yourself to the group and show off the new bike. It won't be seen buried in my thread.
What is your age ? What is your riding level on a Non Electric in respects to average distance ? : I'm 64 : Currently riding a Trek Verve 3 . I ride at least 5 miles a day and normally 2 times a week 25-30 miles : Farthest Riding this summer in a day is 35 Miles : I bought the Bike last Fall just prior to teh snow flying : I put about 80 miles on it last fall.

So technically this is my first real season of Riding : My Odometer shows I've traveled 786 Miles since June : I've been debating about one of these vs the Regular Vado :

I am curious Why if Older you didn't go full on Vado :

I actually did post my new bike. I had a verve plus 3 first then found the Vado sl while I was still in my first 7 days so I could return it for the Vado sl. https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/new-to-the-ebike-scene.36227/
I just saw yours and thought I would comment. Love these bikes.

View attachment 61511
Bike looks great but the Wawa is catching my eye....

Back