Just Ordered THE FIRST EVER Fat Tire Watt Wagon!

In anticipation of having my first Electric Adventure Mobile, I’m building a Solar Trailer...
I hope you keep us posted with your Solar Trailer. I'm guessing the trailer will be used to recharge a secondary battery while another is in use?

I hope you keep us posted with your Solar Trailer. I'm guessing the trailer will be used to recharge a secondary battery while another is in use?
My understanding is that I’ll be able to charge the main two batteries, while riding, but I may be mistaken. I can certainly be charging one battery, while using the other. Both are mounted to the frame.

Reactions: Ayl
pushkar

I don't see these on your website are they no longer for sale..or just sold out?

Hey bud, i am definitely sold out of the first lot. I will try to have the website up asap. This weekend in some form. Will iterate to get rest of the details up as well. I am so sorry for the inordinate delay. I Cant seem to keep up with the pre-orders tbh. Need to expand but luckily help is here. I will be making a post on EBR as soon as the site is up, detailing my progress, the expansion of the offerings, some cool things I am working on.

Hey bud, i am definitely sold out of the first lot. I will try to have the website up asap. This weekend in some form. Will iterate to get rest of the details up as well. I am so sorry for the inordinate delay. I Cant seem to keep up with the pre-orders tbh. Need to expand but luckily help is here. I will be making a post on EBR as soon as the site is up, detailing my progress, the expansion of the offerings, some cool things I am working on.

It's good that you are busy with orders and you quickly sold out, that means business for that model type is strong, I recently purchased an Ebike, but I am already looking forward to an upgrade maybe next year, and my research led me to Gates belt drive with a Bafang(G510) with a 52V battery, and fat tires, I don't know of anybody else that is doing that right now except you. People who are doing a deep dive on researching Ebikes will arrive at your bike, a Titanium frame is a bonus.

I see it is up on the website now, a question are you tuning the G510 motor before they go out, or is that left to the customer to do themselves, and if you do tune them what are you setting the amps to on the controller?

Here is an AWESOME fat bike in the making.... looks like very capable beast of a bike..

View attachment 41205
1578978580042.png

Love the Titanium frame and fat-tire combination... long may you ride! ;)

Great combination of components, but needs a throttle, and I'm all for electronic shifting,

Great combination of components, but needs a throttle, and I'm all for electronic shifting,
We have the throttle with the 750W version. We don’t have gear hub manufacturer warranty for the 1000W motor with throttle since torque exceeds 110Nm.

We don’t have gear hub manufacturer warranty for the 1000W motor with throttle since torque exceeds 110Nm.

I believe Rohloff does warranty stuff above 1000W.
Optibike specs Rohloff on their R15c, rated at 1650W and 190 Nm. Perhaps you can check with them how they do it.

1579728487681.png

Can you make a “110 nm “ throttle of some kind ? When I broke my leg I used a button on-off style @13 mph or so to get me to the subway. A boost button, better then nothing

I believe Rohloff does warranty stuff above 1000W.
Optibike specs Rohloff on their R15c, rated at 1650W and 190 Nm. Perhaps you can check with them how they do it.

The issue is the torque rating, not the wattage alone. I’ll confirm again.

FLX Blade 2, is offering a 1 year warranty with their new bike and they have the gates/G510/Rohloff system with optional throttle
Either they decided they will eat it, or they don't know.
I had no idea that the Rohloff system was watt/power restricted to that level, weird that you can still have it without throttle.
I wonder how full power throttle only is degrading the Rohloff, could it be switching gears at that level of power is just to much for it to handle on a regular basis.
If something will cut it's life expectancy in half, you have ban it, to protect your product.

So it has nothing to do with watts, but Torque ?
Could be a warranty issue for everybody using that system then.

The trailer, I have a similar trailer it tows like nothing is there most of the time. I was shocked how light it was for a metal framed trailer.
Definitely interested how the solar charger works. Great to be self sustaining instead of trying to find power here and there.

Back